Trump

ZedLeg

Re: Trump

Post by ZedLeg »

I fully agree, I have family in Texas and we don't talk about politics :lol:.

I'm not trying to demonise anyone. I see a lot of people on the left in America assuming that the south is racist and that's it.

There's a reason that some of the poorest areas of America, heavily reliant on government subsidies vote for the party who don't like that election after election. Whether it's fear mongering news, entrenched family views or something else.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:00 am It's not hugely relevant with the way that the electoral college works as I'm sure you know. 700000 people in the midwest gives the same amount of votes as 1.2 million in Nevada.
To a degree you can always argue that both ways of course. 4.1 million people voted Republican in California...
Last edited by GG. on Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Whats interesting is that although Trump is getting something of a drubbing presidential votes wise (the electoral college is a functionally retarded system that needs sorting out), the republican down tickets aren't too badly hit.

Which sounds like republican voters giving Trump the finger. Which is reassuring. You can lean to the right and not be a fucking fruitloop.
As you are seeing now, the margin by which they are beating Trump, one of the most divisive humans on earth, suggests that we'll be seeing another one term president follow this one!
Not if Trump runs as an independent in 2024 as rumoured, and splits the right wing vote - taking the crazy conspiracy nut vote from the Republicans. :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

GG. wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:10 am
ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:00 am It's not hugely relevant with the way that the electoral college works as I'm sure you know. 700000 people in the midwest gives the same amount of votes as 1.2 million in Nevada.
To a degree you can always argue that both ways of course. 4.1 million people voted Republican in California...
Of course, the electoral college system is stupid and has become so rigged that I think we'll see the situation they're having this year over and over. You're not going to see anything like the 84 Reagan election map again :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I couldn't really care less whether it's a Republican or Democrat president, but I expect them to be able to act like a grown up, be able to string a sentence together, and generally act with a level of integrity. Admitted not always had that with others, but this is an extreme case.

I just hope that Biden softens his feelings to the UK after being elected, we do need them.
Simon

Post by Simon »

What's so fucking great about each of these counts that are coming in is that for years Trump seemed untouchable. No-one could do anything to really hurt him or affect him. Now the states are landing blows one by one and there is nothing he can do in response, other than file frivolous lawsuits that don't work or waste money on recounts that will produce the same results. The whole Trump family is falling down and they'll soon be just regular Jo's whilst their creditors slowly call in their debts.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:33 am I just hope that Biden softens his feelings to the UK after being elected, we do need them.
Biden doesn't really matter - he's just an acceptable face fronting Harris to win over voters. An old white bloke is more saleable to a significant proportion of the swing electorate than a younger black woman.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:47 am
duncs500 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:33 am I just hope that Biden softens his feelings to the UK after being elected, we do need them.
Biden doesn't really matter - he's just an acceptable face fronting Harris to win over voters. An old white bloke is more saleable to a significant proportion of the swing electorate than a younger black woman.
Well as long as we get that sweet sweet trade deal then IDGAF.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Looks like its the beginning of the end for him.

Its been utterly jaw-dropping watching some of the comments from him and their wider team over the last 24 hours. They can't all be utterly braindead, so have they just been used to telling lies, unchallenged, for so long, that they don't realise they're even doing it?
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It's been the Trump way throughout though. The truth is what you say it is, don't let facts or evidence get in the way of things. Just say it louder and threaten Expensive legal action to anyone who wants to disagree.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Ascender wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:55 am Looks like its the beginning of the end for him.

Its been utterly jaw-dropping watching some of the comments from him and their wider team over the last 24 hours. They can't all be utterly braindead, so have they just been used to telling lies, unchallenged, for so long, that they don't realise they're even doing it?
I think the level of his abuse of power is so high that most people that are supposed to be on his side are shit scared of doing anything other than supporting his nonsense. I reckon so many stories are going to come out once he goes, imagine the book deals! :lol:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

18229 lead for Trump in Pennsylvania. Waiting for that to slowly level out.
Left over crest; tightens.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:05 am
Ascender wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:55 am Looks like its the beginning of the end for him.

I think the level of his abuse of power is so high that most people that are supposed to be on his side are shit scared of doing anything other than supporting his nonsense. I reckon so many stories are going to come out once he goes, imagine the book deals! :lol:
I wonder if Ghislaine Maxwell has said much yet.
Beany

Post by Beany »

What's getting my goat somewhat is that the press have suddenly grown a spine, and are calling out Trump on his utter bullshit.

About five fucking years late, like.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

One thing I've noticed over the last couple of days - they seem like proper lazy c***s in Nevada. They've been knocking off at 4pm local time every day when other states have been at least carrying on until the evening! :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Penn's gone blue. :shock:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Stop the counting goddamnit!!!!!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:54 pm Stop the counting goddamnit!!!!!
:lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Arizona
+1.6
BIDEN
leads by 47,052
(90% counted)

Georgia
+0.0
BIDEN
leads by 1,097
(99% counted)

Pennsylvania
+0.1
BIDEN
leads by 5,594
(98% counted)

Nevada
+0.9
BIDEN
leads by 11,438
(84% counted)

Looks over to me.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Simon wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:10 am
Rich B wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:41 am 100% remaining in the big seat.
Only if that seat is the electric chair.

No way that he has it. None of the modelling supports that at all.

Even at the low end of estimates Biden will take it. Trump is out.
<whistles innocently>
The artist formerly known as _Who_