Your fleet running reports

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Sundayjumper »

Ta !

I'm already getting some scope creep, there was a worthwhile upgrade to the nav/infotainment in 2016, and a 2016 model is not happening for £15k...
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:23 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:13 am
It's only just occurred to me - belm - is there a decent RR forum ? Classifieds there might be a good place to look.
Never used it, but it’s a sister forum to the Disco3/4 which I did use and it was very good informative with people happy to take the time to explain shizzle.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/
That domain name though :?
mik

Post by mik »

Yeah it’s cos they have separate forums (fora?) for RRS and Evoque. See bottom of main page.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Aww, they even have babyrr.com

You know, for poors who can't afford a proper one.
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

mikeyb wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:33 pm I wonder if they put ‘spares and repairs’ on the sales invoice?!
When I was in the classic car trade it wasn’t uncommon for the sales invoice to basically say that it was a piece of art to look at, rather than drive…
To be fair to my boss at the time, when selling cars like 1960s Maseratis that had what was a de-tuned race engine with Lucas fuel injection, they didn’t work when new and nearly bankrupted the company, so expecting them to function as a car when they’re 50 years old is not realistic!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:43 pm Bentley provisionally sold, to be collected some time next week.
Fcuking cars. I fcuking hate cars sometimes. I knew I shouldn't have posted anything until it had actually gone !

I'd agreed a sale on the Bentley but needed to replace the front air springs as one had started leaking - bloody typical it happens just before selling. I did that yesterday and drove the Bentley to Waitrose to buy some gin, and there's now a terrible knocking noise from the front suspension like chronically fcuked balljoints. It wasn't doing that before. I've checked everything that I touched while doing the springs and I can't see anything wrong. Apologised profusely to the buyer and cancelled the sale until I can figure it out :evil: I sometimes think cars know they're being sold and do stuff like this on purpose.

On the bright side, but perhaps moot right now given the above cashflow issue, I had a look at a very cheap Range Rover this afternoon. Probably not going to buy it as it doesn't have a tow bar and I think it'll be worth holding out and paying slightly more for one with the factory fit electric jobbie, but it confirmed that they're very very nice and have super ride quality even with 22" wheels. My next "guess the car" thread will hopefully be extremely short.

440856179_10222156328571031_1116247887340492616_n.jpeg
440856179_10222156328571031_1116247887340492616_n.jpeg (125.63 KiB) Viewed 279 times
mik

Post by mik »

Eldest miklet had an advisory on his Civic at the last MOT (6 months ago :roll: ) for his rear discs & pads.

I’ve learned that prodding him excessively to sort shizzle on his cars invariably leads to us falling out, so I watched him wait until they brakes started complaining.

So he’s had to urgently buy discs & pads and pay more than he could have. Helped him fit them today - pfft - could have done at least another 1000 miles on them :roll:

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:31 pm On the bright side, but perhaps moot right now given the above cashflow issue, I had a look at a very cheap Range Rover this afternoon. Probably not going to buy it as it doesn't have a tow bar and I think it'll be worth holding out and paying slightly more for one with the factory fit electric jobbie, but it confirmed that they're very very nice and have super ride quality even with 22" wheels. My next "guess the car" thread will hopefully be extremely short.

440856179_10222156328571031_1116247887340492616_n.jpeg
that sort of crap selling cars happens more than enough times to qualify as "not a fluke". My mate who sold his 335i conv the other day had it decide to spit out a load of white smoke on a test drive for the first time in its life. My mate ended up selling it cheap after the first garage he took it to just charged him a load to tell him that yes it was indeed smoking...

Which RRs, I can confirm that to me, they have around 7 million times the appeal of a Bentley. Good choice.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Incidentally, on the way there, at one of the big roundabouts near here there were some crusty protesters with "less solar more real farms" placards. I didn't realise anti-solar was a subset of environmental issues ? Anyway, I considered shouting "GET A FCUKING HAIRCUT, HIPPY" but they wouldn't have been able to hear me 'cos I was in my Ferrari and the exhaust always sounds FG when you spank it past poor people.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oh, they're not environmentalist hippies, they're anti-progress NIMBYs more than likely - the sort who protest fibre broadband being run on new poles, or 5g masts being installed.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

We'll never know.

Oh no. What a shame.

:D
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Well, to be honest it would be nice to see solar all over supermarket / factory / warehouse roofs which is just dead wasted space instead of covering fields with it, but obviously there are logistic and structural issues with that which probably make it many times more expensive to install and maintain.
Cheers, Harry
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I've been at 'Race The Waves' in Bridlington all weekend and stayed at my parents, we've been down to see the various hot rods, big American pick ups, what looked a lot like a Hudson Hornet, and god knows what else drag racing down the beach all weekend, well, mainly today, as yesterday was so foggy they cancelled it.

As it was me and the boy and he like being high up to see out, we went in the Kuga.

I followed a new shape Fiesta ST most of the way over the b roads on the way home and it was great fun, looking at it hopping about on the road he wasn't hanging about, and I had the boy so I wasn't going gung ho, but tbf I do have a lot of knowledge of those roads, not sure if they did.

However, I may have been pushing a bit more than I thought, as when we got to the biker caff for a drink, the couple who had been following us on their respective bikes, (both very lovely Triumphs), noted they'd never seen an SUV lift a rear wheel in a corner before :lol:

They also let the boy sit on the bikes, and rev one up, which he loved very much and now wants me to buy one :roll:

I wish I'd been in the Jag though, those roads (b1253, b1251, a166 Garrowby Hill) are so much fun, especially when there's someone else who is pushing on a bit.

Also think I got Scamera van'd on the way out on Friday on the A64, but will only be a SAC if I did as I was at an indicated 84 on cruise, no bloody Waze warning!

Hopefully Race The Waves will be back next year, great fun, big variety of old cars and bikes, and friendly people.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

Jimexpl wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:01 pm
mikeyb wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:33 pm I wonder if they put ‘spares and repairs’ on the sales invoice?!
When I was in the classic car trade it wasn’t uncommon for the sales invoice to basically say that it was a piece of art to look at, rather than drive…
To be fair to my boss at the time, when selling cars like 1960s Maseratis that had what was a de-tuned race engine with Lucas fuel injection, they didn’t work when new and nearly bankrupted the company, so expecting them to function as a car when they’re 50 years old is not realistic!
To be fair, that does make some sense when selling 1960s exotica.
I have a Mini R53 that might be going up for sale- I shall try the same tactic for that 😂
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

mik wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:23 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:13 am
It's only just occurred to me - belm - is there a decent RR forum ? Classifieds there might be a good place to look.
Never used it, but it’s a sister forum to the Disco3/4 which I did use and it was very good informative with people happy to take the time to explain shizzle.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/
I’ll second that too. It’s a great forum- it’s helped me out a few times when fixing mine.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:31 pm I had a look at a very cheap Range Rover this afternoon. Probably not going to buy it as it doesn't have a tow bar and I think it'll be worth holding out and paying slightly more for one with the factory fit electric jobbie, but it confirmed that they're very very nice and have super ride quality even with 22" wheels. My next "guess the car" thread will hopefully be extremely short.
I only use the deployably tow bar on mine for a Thule back rack but its very handy and a nice feature to be able to have it fold away in seconds and restore the lines of the car.

What trim level was the one you looked at? I would also try and get the Vogue SE with the soft fold doors if your wife/kids/MIL are anything like mine - its has saved opening and re-closing a not fully closed door approximately 3.6million times in the last two years :lol:

I would warn you that you do need a no tag no start immobiliser and tracker on it though - irrespective of whether your insurer requires it or there is a very sizable chance it will go walkies. Particularly as the pre-facelift models you're looking at have the key which is susceptible to relay theft + they're not (and maybe wont ever be) going as far back as the early years with the recall to the body control unit they're currently doing.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

GG. wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:16 am What trim level was the one you looked at? I would also try and get the Vogue SE with the soft fold doors if your wife/kids/MIL are anything like mine - its has saved opening and re-closing a not fully closed door approximately 3.6million times in the last two years :lol:
It was an Autobiography. The Bentley (and the 740d before) have/had soft close doors, I love them but I actually had the opposite problem - wife constantly slamming the door really hard even though it's unnecessary :roll:

Also on that one I viewed - electric side steps. I'd never considered them before but they're really cool 8-)
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:39 pm Well, to be honest it would be nice to see solar all over supermarket / factory / warehouse roofs which is just dead wasted space instead of covering fields with it, but obviously there are logistic and structural issues with that which probably make it many times more expensive to install and maintain.
And more logical, government drives and logical don’t work.

Also shorter cable runs, less infrastructure needed etc. damn logic being so logical.

We are incredibly good at farming, we should let the farmers get on with it.

Dave!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

GG. wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:16 am walkies.
Shouldn't that be "drivies" (to coin a phrase)? It is a car with wheels, not legs/feet.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

V8Granite wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:30 am
integrale_evo wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:39 pm Well, to be honest it would be nice to see solar all over supermarket / factory / warehouse roofs which is just dead wasted space instead of covering fields with it, but obviously there are logistic and structural issues with that which probably make it many times more expensive to install and maintain.
And more logical, government drives and logical don’t work.

Also shorter cable runs, less infrastructure needed etc. damn logic being so logical.

We are incredibly good at farming, we should let the farmers get on with it.

Dave!
Easiest way to reduce CO2 emissions is to get rid of the problem. What is the elephant in the room? Overpopulation. How do we solve this problem? Via a mass famine. *Polishes tinfoil hat*
How about not having a sig at all?