Bye Bye Boris!

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Gavin »

I keep seeing that life long Labour voters won't vote for Corbyn. I would love to see where this "fact" comes from. You can see bots at work on the Labour FB page after any post there are virtually identical "well I have always voted but wont now". Amusingly one of the bot posts even had the "insert name " Boris great" type thing on it.

His popularity out and about seems to be huge, as opposed to Johnson who seems to get booed universally. I honestly wonder if this is yet another MSM red herring to stop people bothering to vote as they would just be wasting their time.

I have never voted Labour, I think the only mainstream party I haven't voted for but I would take Corbyn over Johnson or Swinson.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

How are your Lloyds shares doing, Broccers?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Weirdly, most people vote for parties fairly blindly. Those sites that tell you which party is closest to your politics is quite the eye opener. I usually come out as most closely aligned with the LibDems but I usually vote either Conservative or Labour based on whichever is being least awful at the time.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:01 pm Weirdly, most people vote for parties fairly blindly. Those sites that tell you which party is closest to your politics is quite the eye opener. I usually come out as most closely aligned with the LibDems but I usually vote either Conservative or Labour based on whichever is being least awful at the time.
Got a reliably linky? I'd like to take that 'test'
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

There’s a few about. I’ll dig a couple up that I’ve used before.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Here’s one I used in 2016:

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:12 pm Here’s one I used in 2016:

I actually found that genuinely interesting, will share that link. Answered several more questions per category, figuring more info would be better, and:

80% Conservative
78% UKIP (which is a massive surprise for me, not entirely sure how to interpret that considering I want unity)
48% Lib Dem (right in the middle, oh the irony)
41% Labour (I assumed they would be second I suppose - just goes to show how I absolutely do not identify with their approach)
36% Green (I drive a hybrid FFS :) )
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:45 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:23 pm How important the Brexit Party is comes down to whether Brexiteers are happy with the Johnson Withdrawal and how upset they are by us failing to leave on 31st October. The mood on social media doesn’t seem to be particularly angry towards any of that so I don’t think the BP will play a big role.
i agree, I also can’t see people Being as happy to do a “fuck you” protest vote for the Brexit party like they did in the MEP elections as the winner of this would have to do more than just Brexit.
I think youre both wrong but we will see :)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:55 pm How are your Lloyds shares doing, Broccers?
Since I started buying them at 25p - not bad ;) Not great at the moment tho :D
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'm 91% lib Dems, 90% greens and sub 50% everyone else.

Bizarre
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:12 pm Here’s one I used in 2016:

Cons a few percent ahead of Lib Dems on mine. Which would have been accurate before the likes of BJ and JRM came to the fore. I don't like where the Cons are going at the moment at all.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

97% Green for me, to no ones surprise :lol:.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I came out 87% green on that...
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

85% Conservative for me - I don't have a party loyalty and have voted Labour and Conservative in the past at various times - though most recently Conservative .

However as I've mentioned before, I vote for, IMO, the best local candidate - the best for my constituency, irrespective of Party and I let the national result play itself out. At the moment, the best local candidate is Conservative and overall, I generally favour the Conservatives view of how things should work over other parties.

Brexit's going to add a further level of complexity to the GE decision.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

83% Lib Dem
73% green
65% labour
64% UKIP
56% Conservative
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I don't really buy into this 16 and 17 year old vote. Maybe I was an odd teenager, but at that age neither me nor any of my friends had any interest in politics, and if I had a vote (and bothered to use it) probably would have voted out of mischief rather than genuine political opinion.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My thinking on it is that in almost every other way you're considered a citizen at 16. You can leave school, get a job, pay taxes and national insurance. You can join the army, but you can't vote. Seems weird to section that one bit off.

I think the last few years have proved there's no age limit in wasting a vote/voting to be disruptive.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

You can pay taxes before you’re 16!
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

82% lib dem ...

not that my vote counts for much as my constituency is a safe tory seat with a majority of over 20k
Last edited by Mr Pish on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join us, join the Teslarati!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:21 pm You can pay taxes before you’re 16!

Yeah I know, it's unlikely you'll be making enough to get over the allowance if you're still at school though.

TBH when I was growing up I never had a job that wasn't cash in hand until I was 18.
An absolute unit