Simon

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

What has Cummings actually achieved since working for Boris?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:00 am What has Cummings actually achieved since working for Boris?
A fantastic Spitting Image character.

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:00 am What has Cummings actually achieved since working for Boris?
https://www.brewdog.com/uk/barnard-cast ... RpEALw_wcB
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Looks like these boys got a bit big for their boots.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Nah, Cummings has done everything he wanted to do. He said he would be away from Downing Street by the end of the year back in January.

TBH the way this has been portrayed in the press has made Boris look like even more of a lame duck than he already was. His girlfriend whispering in his ear and Dominic leaving him holding the bag regarding Brexit and the handling of the pandemic.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:41 am Nah, Cummings has done everything he wanted to do. He said he would be away from Downing Street by the end of the year back in January.
Has he amended a blog from January to say that, in order not to lose face?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

What's the thinking on the latest issues in the negotiations?

As a staunch remainer who has learnt to accept that the inevitable can no longer be stopped, I must say I agree with our current stance in these negotiations. There's no way we can accept the demands the EU is making, and on the face of it they seem totally unreasonable. The idea of no deal scares me as much as the next person, but I don't know what else can be done without some serious climb down from somewhere.

Happy to be educated on why I'm wrong on this.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

It's going exactly as many expected it would right back in 2016! Was it Varoufakis that said the EU don't negotiate? They just tell you their terms and you either agree with them or you don't. I certainly recall it was he that said the best thing would be to walk away ASAP and negotiate an FTA after leaving.

I have almost zero confidence in Boris sticking to his guns though - my prediction is that he'll sell us out somewhere or tie us into some long term can-kicking. I really hope I'm wrong though
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

So I guess no deal, everyone has to eat a shit sandwich, and then trade negotiations begin once everyone realises anything else would be a total fuck up?

It’s going to be unpleasant.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:48 am So I guess no deal, everyone has to eat a shit sandwich, and then trade negotiations begin once everyone realises anything else would be a total fuck up?

I dont think its going to be a bed of roses anyway. Has noone noticed the economy isnt doing great.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:48 am
duncs500 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:48 am So I guess no deal, everyone has to eat a shit sandwich, and then trade negotiations begin once everyone realises anything else would be a total fuck up?

I dont think its going to be a bed of roses anyway. Has noone noticed the economy isnt doing great.
You mean like the many businesses moving to have unfettered EU access?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gavin wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:07 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:48 am

You mean like the many businesses moving to have unfettered EU access?
No I dont.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Good news

Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:16 am Good news

Is it though? What's it actually worth?

Liz Truss is thick as mince and utterly useless.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Plenty of manufacturing in Vietnam - I can't see us sending much stuff their way!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

The TPP isn't exactly the greatest deal in the first place, is it though? Not something to aspire to join.

How much red tape is being added to manage individual agreements that we had covered under EU ones before? This is all pittances and crumbs. The only ticket required is looking less and less likely, and no amount of export to Vietnam, Vanuatu, and the like will begin to make up for it.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Doom gloom lads, at least we are consistent! I still can't understand wanting your own country to fail.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:33 am Doom gloom lads, at least we are consistent! I still can't understand wanting your own country to fail.
Wanting to fail?! WE didn't vote for Brexit mate! 🤣

I do understand what you mean though. The idiots voted for us to fail, so now we have to make the best of it l.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:45 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:33 am Doom gloom lads, at least we are consistent! I still can't understand wanting your own country to fail.
Wanting to fail?! WE didn't vote for Brexit mate! 🤣

I do understand what you mean though. The idiots voted for us to fail, so now we have to make the best of it l.
:lol: :lol:

Seems like making the best of it isn't going too well. Only a few folk have got over the fact it's actually happening.

This year should have taught people how little they actually need, how to make do with what's available on the supermarket shelves.They learned to adapt. So if they can do that they can do whatever it takes to get by if required. 8-)