ZedLeg

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by ZedLeg »

Imagine being punished for not doing what you said you'd do :lol:
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

It's fairly standard practice. There's always hundreds of ongoing cases against the various EU states.

Meanwhile, we've signed a deal with Norway over shared fishing rights and offered the EU a 3yr transitional arrangement over fishing rights.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

How much have Google paid of their EU fines out of interest ? :)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:41 am It's fairly standard practice. There's always hundreds of ongoing cases against the various EU states.

Meanwhile, we've signed a deal with Norway over shared fishing rights and offered the EU a 3yr transitional arrangement over fishing rights.
Only the little stuff like trade agreements and not destroying the Good Friday agreement to get sorted then ;)
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:41 am It's fairly standard practice. There's always hundreds of ongoing cases against the various EU states.

Only the little stuff like trade agreements and not destroying the Good Friday agreement to get sorted then ;)
Fishing and state aid are the 2 big stumbling blocks, and we aren't asking for anything out of the ordinary or unreasonable on that front.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Does anyone actually think there will be no deal? Gove seems to think its probable.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm Does anyone actually think there will be no deal? Gove seems to think its probable.
Probably. Macon would rather fvxk it for everyone than potentially commit political suicide
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm Does anyone actually think there will be no deal? Gove seems to think its probable.
I think its looking increasingly likely to be the case tbh.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I think a deal will be pulled out of the hat at the last minute, like with the withdrawal agreement. I suspect the posturing and references to no deal now are intended to make it look like a real possibility to aid our negotiations with the EU; that's not proven to be a successful tactic thus far in negotiations of course but as long as there's some other news as distraction when we cave in, Boris will get away with it *again*.

Of course, the regular threats to the UK population that we'll leave with no deal don't really help businesses much, do they?
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

I think No Deal is the likely outcome or as they're phrasing it now "An Australia style deal". They really are a bunch of utter clowns.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Delphi wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:17 am I think No Deal is the likely outcome or as they're phrasing it now "An Australia style deal". They really are a bunch of utter clowns.
Yes, the EU are a bunch of clowns ;)

No Deal is a little disingenuous anyway - it's no FTA. The issue of post-Brexit transition arrangements (which we've been in for 10mo now) and an FTA have been conflated by most during the last few years of nonsense.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:57 am I think a deal will be pulled out of the hat at the last minute, like with the withdrawal agreement. I suspect the posturing and references to no deal now are intended to make it look like a real possibility to aid our negotiations with the EU; that's not proven to be a successful tactic thus far in negotiations of course but as long as there's some other news as distraction when we cave in, Boris will get away with it *again*.
The big problem of using the brinkmanship strategy is that it then requires a very public, face-losing climb-down from somebody if you're going to come back from the brink, and in this circumstance both the UK and individual EU leaders seem more motivated by public perception of their negotiating performance than the end result.

The no deal gaslighting bullshit machine is already in full swing (note Gove in Parliament yesterday lecturing <ay about how no deal has really been the best option all along), so I suspect they're not holding out much hope of recovery.

I suppose the most reliable way of confirming their intentions is to check which of their "arms length" investment companies are shorting the pound ;)
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sad day for JC :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Broccers wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:38 pm Sad day for JC :lol:
I heard it on the radio but it didn’t sound too bad.

So he hasn’t said Anti-Semitism is a terrible thing and admitted there were cases of it in the party. It’s the fact it was massively overblown.

How is that different from what he has said all along or was I listening to the “Newsround” version of the shenanigans ?

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:02 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:38 pm Sad day for JC :lol:
I heard it on the radio but it didn’t sound too bad.

So he hasn’t said Anti-Semitism is a terrible thing and admitted there were cases of it in the party. It’s the fact it was massively overblown.

How is that different from what he has said all along or was I listening to the “Newsround” version of the shenanigans ?

Dave!
I don't believe saying things to appease people has worked in his favour :lol:

#starmerout on twitter and all the cut up Labour membership cards is absolutely the best thing of 2020 so far :shock: :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Cummings gone, wonder how long Boris can cling on now?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:58 pm Cummings gone, wonder how long Boris can cling on now?
Probably longer now that penis has gone.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:58 pm Cummings gone, wonder how long Boris can cling on now?
That might depend on whether he caves on the Brexit "negotiations". If he does then he's toast
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Actually it seems Cummings and Cain are both employed until mid-Dec. They've just left no.10
Beany

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:01 pm
Probably longer now that penis has gone.
I dunno, I got the impression that Cummings was about the only thing keeping Boris 'on message'.

Without Cummings, he'll have to rely on his own intellect and keen political mind to get by.

God help us all....