BBQs

duncs500

Re: BBQs

Post by duncs500 »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:27 am
duncs500 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:15 am Would love to do a brisket, just don't have enough mouths to feed. :lol:
I read that as "come to my house for an OV9 meat meet" ( :shock: :lol: )
:lol: You're always welcome!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

My cooker died yesterday evening so today's Sunday roast was a job for the smoker. I got myself some brisket and got cracking at 7.30am this morning.

We had smoked brisket with rosemary Parmentier potatoes, roast cauliflower and Yorkshire puds, as well as some garlic sprouts done on the hob. Finished it off with a pear upside down cake/pudding which I'm about to have a slice of.

A top Sunday dinner, even if I do say so myself. 😂
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I did a quick search for Weber gas bbqs the other day wondering if there were end of season deals. Don’t seem to be any notable discounts and RRP has gone up a fair bit. Glad I bought when I did.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

McSwede wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:08 pm My cooker died yesterday evening so today's Sunday roast was a job for the smoker. I got myself some brisket and got cracking at 7.30am this morning.

We had smoked brisket with rosemary Parmentier potatoes, roast cauliflower and Yorkshire puds, as well as some garlic sprouts done on the hob. Finished it off with a pear upside down cake/pudding which I'm about to have a slice of.

A top Sunday dinner, even if I do say so myself. 😂
:o
Simon

Post by Simon »

So it's April now and we're looking forward to BBQ season. I'm really missing the BBQs we had in Brazil last year so are looking at rotisserie attachments for our Weber kettle. Has anyone else got one and how well does it work?

I also see there are other non-Weber branded ones for half the price around.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

As an aside, I've just had to judge a HEAP of cookbooks (55 in total) and this has some absolutely banging recipes. I tried the lamb breast and the awaze wings. Both were awesome.

https://amzn.to/3M8dZlW
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Simon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:21 pm So it's April now and we're looking forward to BBQ season. I'm really missing the BBQs we had in Brazil last year so are looking at rotisserie attachments for our Weber kettle. Has anyone else got one and how well does it work?

I also see there are other non-Weber branded ones for half the price around.

I spent hours looking at these during lockdown and never got round to buying one as they were always out of stock. The Onlyfans one seems to be well thought of and what I was going to buy.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Onlyfans??
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Tits on the brain or a dirty autocorrect!

Onlyfire was the brand.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ah, LOL. I did google 'onlyfans rotisserie' but it didn't get very far.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Try onlyfans spitroast.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Gavster wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:46 pm As an aside, I've just had to judge a HEAP of cookbooks (55 in total) and this has some absolutely banging recipes. I tried the lamb breast and the awaze wings. Both were awesome.

https://amzn.to/3M8dZlW
Thanks for the recommendation. Just bought it on eBay for £16.09 👍
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

2nd BBQ of the year. Just some marinated Chicken and a few Burgers.

Bloody love cooking with coals. I’ve a 4KG gammon I’m going to do for Sunday, weather permitting

Will order that book Gav. My cooking is very ‘samey’
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Simon

Post by Simon »

First one of the year for us. The sun peaked out so we rushed down to the Brazilian butcher to pick up some steaks and beef sausages. My son (3) managed to finish his steak before his mum and dad had even sat down and was then asking for some of ours as we ate.

We got Sirloin and Bravette. I think I'll swap out from Bravette to a different cut next time as it wasn't as tender as I expected.

Will make a decision on the rotisserie this week too.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Bravette is a flank isn’t it ??

What’s the Brazilian one you turn inside out and stuff? Always wanted to try that
Last edited by dinny_g on Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Simon

Post by Simon »

Skirt, not flank.

Not sure about the turn inside out one - I need an education from my cousin in law, who did most of the BBQs when we were out there.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

It’s bavette rather than bravette. I often choose it when eating out.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:03 pm It’s bavette rather than bravette.
Duly noted. :D
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Broke out the Weber kettle and the Traeger smoker today. A leg of lamb is smoking, ready to have later and on the Weber we have just made a load of flatbreads for lunch and smothered them with garlic creme fraiche, chilli, and coriander.

They were lovely! Can't wait for the lamb now! Having it with boulangere potatoes and veg.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Got the gas out a few weeks ago. I won a meat raffle in Feb time, so stuck it all in the freezer and been working my way through that along with some other bits. Been good this weekend, some Wagyu burgers yesterday and some Chorizo sausages today.

No actual effort as yet, but the smoker will come out next time we get some sun.