Rapeseed.

nuttinnew

Re: Rapeseed.

Post by nuttinnew »

...the dirty, stinking, yellow bastard. Lining most/much of the M2 and beyond it's impossible to avoid, even with a fresh pollen filter and windows up.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Last Saturday as I drove through the Cotswolds it was as pungent as I’d ever smelt it.

Considering HarryM’s problems growing it this year, we may find it’s a less common crop in future. The farm which surrounds my house doesn’t appear to be growing it at all this year.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I forget about that side of HarryM. There doesn't seem to be a problem growing it here, assuming the fields that aren't yellow are meant to be that way.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My sense of smell must be even worse than I thought as I can’t smell anything even when standing in the middle of a rape field.
The farms near where I grew up always rotate between broad beans/wheat/rape. Except over the last decade where they’re all transitioning to vineyards.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Plenty in the fields around here. Only had a couple of days with slightly itchy eyes but nowhere near as bad as a lot of years.
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Either that @Mito Man or you've developed immunity :shock:
Vineyards seem second only to rapeseed fields in their number; looks like I chose the wrong lifetime to give up alcohol :(

i_e; good news 8-)