Family holiday location in the UK?

John

Re: Family holiday location in the UK?

Post by John »

You could have had a short drive up the coast to Donna Nook and watched the RAF/USAF bomb the targets on the beach. Might not be an ideal day out for the rest of the family though :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Natureland Seal Sanctuary Is my only Skeggy recommendation but for the Buterfly Farm, rather than the Seals
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Beany

Post by Beany »

John wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:55 am You could have had a short drive up the coast to Donna Nook...
I'm not sure I want to see Donnas Nook :?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:22 am We’re at Butlins Skegness this week. Not recommended.
Ugh. We went back to Butlins years ago when Maddy was only 2 & it was horrid. All my lovely childhood dreams smashed.

If you have kids, I can utterly utterly recomend Duinrell in Holland. It was exceptional. It's the Butlins from heaven. 4 hour drive from Calais or you can catch a ferry across from Harwich then it's only a 40 minute drive.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
dan

Post by dan »

Gwaredd wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:33 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:22 am We’re at Butlins Skegness this week. Not recommended.
Ugh. We went back to Butlins years ago when Maddy was only 2 & it was horrid. All my lovely childhood dreams smashed.

If you have kids, I can utterly utterly recomend Duinrell in Holland. It was exceptional. It's the Butlins from heaven. 4 hour drive from Calais or you can catch a ferry across from Harwich then it's only a 40 minute drive.
I'm looking on google maps but I can't see which part of the UK this is?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gwaredd wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:33 pm

We did Duinrell when we lived in Holland. It was great and had Haribo vending machines.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

dan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:40 pm

The best part. Only remainers have access to it.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
dan

Post by dan »

Gwaredd wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:52 pm
dan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:40 pm

The best part. Only remainers have access to it.
:D

But, but....we have to take back control!
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

I don't live far from Skeg and find any excuse not to go! The beaches up at Theddlethorpe are worth visiting, Rev. Miles of deserted sand with lots of interesting stuff washing up (and free coal!).

Visit Louth if you fancy coming to a nicer part of Lincs.

Cheers,
Jon
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Bit late to the party but we had a short break in Rye last year and can thoroughly recommend. Beautiful scenery and great foodie places there. Plus pop over to Winchelsea and you can see where Spike Milligan is buried.

Another vote for Scotland too. We were up in Perth last summer for a wedding and stayed a few days extra to explore the area, including St Andrews (and excluding Dundee). Depends where you are coming from but I would recommend flying up and renting a car.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Off to Weymouth this week. Fingers crossed no one else is there!
Cheers,

Ian