Clocks changing

duncs500

Re: Clocks changing

Post by duncs500 »

We actually needed the little one to wake up early, so it worked out well. :D
scotta

Post by scotta »

I completely forgot the clocks had changed. Was only mid afternoon i realised. My phone and my apple watch changed automagically. Sky telly changed automagically. Car changed automagically (Well the 128 did anyway...Not been in the mini and the lotus definitely will need changed) Housewise I've only needed manually change the clock in the kitchen.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Got an extra hour in a hotel for free so I cannot complain!

Makes up for those night shifts I've worked where I have had to do an extra hour!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Bong.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Been such a dull drizzly day here it didn’t seem to stay light any later at all 😂
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

My wife came out as I was looking in the garage for the power tool batteries and told me to put the roast on. Turned out the Casio watch doesn’t automatically switch for the hour change 😂
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:15 pm Been such a dull drizzly day here it didn’t seem to stay light any later at all 😂
It’s been absolutely glorious in Glasgow-ish today. Clear and crisp. 16 DegC.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Sunny in Surrey too. Actually was playing in the garden with the kids for a change, rather than doing this....

The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

I heroically resisted putting the time back an hour on my (Bosch) oven last autumn, so it's been an hour fast for the last six months. Now it's back on track for the summer 8-) saved myself a good couple of minutes unecessary labour there.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I do that with all my cars :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It’s this general slapdashery in basic everyday tasks which will be the downfall of society.

The TT clock is an absolute twat, you think you’ve set the time and are one button press away from going back to the year 2000 !

Dave!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The merc one is buried in an awkward menu system, quite fun watching the analogue hands swing all the way round if you get the button sequence right.

The mito one is very easy, but you can only do it when the car is stationary, when I’m on the way to work paying attention to the time I don’t have time to stop and adjust it. On the way home I don’t care what time it is and completely forget about it until I get in the next morning.

Repeat for several months until I finally remember to adjust it before driving off 😂
Cheers, Harry
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:48 pm It’s this general slapdashery in basic everyday tasks which will be the downfall of society.

The TT clock is an absolute twat, you think you’ve set the time and are one button press away from going back to the year 2000 !

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ah yes the Mito stationary thing got on my tits, I think it’s why I never changed it. I remember being bored senseless on a 50 mph section of motorway and thinking I’d gone crazy as I couldn’t find the menu to change the time.

Speaking of not being allowed to change things unless stationary - it looks like Apple CarPlay had an update recently where you can’t input an address unless using voice control. Bastards.
It’s impossible to tell if to go to “Tenterden” as the fucker just says “tententen” 🙈
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, I do mine and the mrs car the first time I drive them after the date. It takes about 15 seconds to do.
Simon

Post by Simon »

My Merc is automatic - not sure how. Possibly it's 'online' all the time, as it does have that assistance dialer built in and the remote app that I can use to query the car.

Yeti is a couple of buttons.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:19 pm My Merc is automatic - not sure how. Possibly it's 'online' all the time, as it does have that assistance dialer built in and the remote app that I can use to query the car.

I think most cars from the last decade or more change automatically based on the time signal transmitted with the RDS.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Gavster wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:33 pm
[/quote]

They've got the clocks synced up but they're all over the place on the date! :roll:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:43 am
Simon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:19 pm My Merc is automatic - not sure how. Possibly it's 'online' all the time, as it does have that assistance dialer built in and the remote app that I can use to query the car.

I think most cars from the last decade or more change automatically based on the time signal transmitted with the RDS.
Porsche seemingly didn't get the memo (at least not for until post 2015) but they have implemented the change via a toggle button that says "Daylight savings on/off" so easy to change.

I recently bought myself a PS5 and was addicted to playing GT7 so accidentally found myself playing video games at 2.15am like a teenager as a result of the time change :lol: Definitely more midlife crisis than the purchase of a sports car IMO.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Have you noticed on GT7 the car clock displays the real time 8-)