Keith Flint

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Keith Flint

Post by Ascender »

Yip, the original Firestarter, brown bread at the grand old age of 49.
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Keith Flint

Post by Rich B »

Just read that - we were only talking about The Prodigy live gigs on Friday at work. It was the first proper gig I ever went to...
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Crikey! RIP.
Cheers,

Ian
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

That’s a fucker. They’ve been around so long I thought he was a bit older than that. Saw them ten years ago, fantastic show.

RIP.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

RIP.

Seeing Prodigy at Big Day Out from the back of the stands rocking an ocean of people is unforgettable.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gutted. I met him in about 1994 at Mallory Park. My mate Jim was racing in the 250cc GP class there and he was messing about on a Fireblade and either a mate of his was racing or he had his own team, IIRC. Top bloke. He had a race team at last year's TT, too, I think.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the Prodigy, but one or two albums of theirs in the 90s were epic.

Saw him being interviewed on ITV IOM TT programme and seemed like a decent chap.

RIP
ilmostro

Post by ilmostro »

RIP. Liked most of the early Prodigy stuff.

49 - just a year older than me. :(
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Fuck - that's not good to hear. The Prodigy were mammoth and provided a good part of the soundtrack to my uni years and early 20s. RIP Keith you mad fucker :(
evostick

Post by evostick »

Lived fast and died (fairly) young. Albeit by his own hand. RIP Kieth :(
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Yep, as soon as you read the breaking news story saying 'We were called to concerns for the welfare of a man' you knew he'd taken his own life, now confirmed. :(

RIP.
Left over crest; tightens.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Having lost two mates to suicide this pulls it sharply back in to focus that you never know whats happening inside someone else's head. All his freinds and family will be going though hell. I totally get the comments from Liam about being angry. I was angry my mates. "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT YOU STUPID MAN - People cared about you"

Terrible to think that things get so desperate that people see suicide as the only way out.
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

Just this morning I was listening to Fat of the Land, the soundtrack to many a fantastic night out.
But of a sad coincidence that the first time that I've listened to it in years is the day that this happens.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Sad news. I was listening to Experience this morning as well for the first time in ages. One of my favourite albums of my youth. Their Experience tour was one of the first gigs I ever went to and the sweatiness and hearing loss is burned strongly in my terrible memory.

I was never a big fan of their stuff once Keith started singing, but he was a charismatic front man, and probably the reason they had such a large metalhead following as well.

RIP Keith
GG.

Post by GG. »

Sad times indeed. Weirdly I had also recently started listening to the Prodigy again after watching a fascinating video on how smack my bitch up was edited from the original samples - mind blowing process.

Vividly remember how outrageous and rebellious listening to fat of the land felt as an 11 year old. Jesus - it was a while ago now wasn’t it!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:shock: :(
I hadn't seen or heard any news all day, first I knew was this thread.

Another bit of coincidental timing, in Autocar 27.01.19 Matt Prior said "...in the same way I think The Prodigy are quite a recent band (hi, Keith)...".

R.i.p..
Barry

Post by Barry »

Prodigy were part of my youth, saw them at the Royal Court, Liverpool in '94, Njoi supporting, a mental night that I still remember. Real shame but he must have been struggling badly to take that route :(
Foz

Post by Foz »

GG. wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:43 pm Sad times indeed. Weirdly I had also recently started listening to the Prodigy again after watching a fascinating video on how smack my bitch up was edited from the original samples - mind blowing process.

Vividly remember how outrageous and rebellious listening to fat of the land felt as an 11 year old. Jesus - it was a while ago now wasn’t it!
Yeah beany shared that and it blew my mind, I shared with all my dance music loving pals and heads were indeed blown!

RIP!
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Foz wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:00 pm
GG. wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:43 pm Sad times indeed. Weirdly I had also recently started listening to the Prodigy again after watching a fascinating video on how smack my bitch up was edited from the original samples - mind blowing process.

Yeah beany shared that and it blew my mind, I shared with all my dance music loving pals and heads were indeed blown!

RIP!
Might want to reword that! 🤣
Cheers,

Ian
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I must admit to not keeping up with anything they've done since, but fat of the land was pretty much the soundtrack to my 6th form, and probably the first album played loud on any new piece of audio equipment around that time.

Was a sad bit of news to hear.
Cheers, Harry