Decent car YouTubes

mik

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:26 pm I was always fascinated by the Jalpa in the 1980s
Me too - Fast Lane did a good group test - from memory the 328 won, but it was the Jalpa I desired.

mik

Post by mik »

JonathanE wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:06 pm My old car. Selling it was the second stupidest thing anyone has ever done (selling the Countach being top of the list).
Have just watched the vid. I love the looks (although I love the Jalpa even more) and it sounds great. 8-)

Even though you regret selling it, I hope there was a decent rationale at the time. Better to have loved and lost and all that...... :?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Visually, a couple of aspects stood out to me; v.prominent wipers, tiny mirrors :)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

mik

Post by mik »

Quite a collection. :shock: He does appear to drive them though.

He is the purchaser (and subsequent modifier) of The Beast. I prefer the new colour, but it looks like they forgot to put the clearcoat on top :?

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I tend not to watch youtube videos longer than 30 minutes but that garage kept on giving :o

There can't be many people who own a 962 and Montego :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

mik wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:19 am Quite a collection. :shock: He does appear to drive them though.

He is the purchaser (and subsequent modifier) of The Beast. I prefer the new colour, but it looks like they forgot to put the clearcoat on top :?

It’s not painted, it’s a vinyl wrap. Still the glorious (vile) 70s beige underneath
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:22 pm
It’s not painted, it’s a vinyl wrap. Still the glorious (vile) 70s beige underneath
Aha. I guess it's not really about the visuals, but a matt wrap might have been better than a really-poor-gloss finish :?: :?
Simon

Post by Simon »

I'm sure most of you probably have seen it already, but I just have to post AutoTop's 9ff vid:

That last couple of minutes has Max also bouncing out of his seat in excitement. I've never seen a car pile on speed so quickly - insane!
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

A new, early Harrys Garage video is up, which is all about why he's gone back to a diesel car and covers many of the issues around EV and PHEV cars both new and secondhand.

Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Great vid! If only we had a thread of just Harry's Garage videos. I think I'll start one. ;)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

Simon wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:39 am Great vid! If only we had a thread of just Harry's Garage videos. I think I'll start one. ;)
You cut him deep :lol:

@Ascender Top left of screen : Quick Links > New Posts. This is your friend. :)
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Fuckers! :lol:

Of course there is, it was too early ok, I hadn't had my espressos...
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

It’s still a long way from my thang, but it’s still rather impressive. 8-)

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

They don’t make great boats Beany
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

The stereotypical Disco driver on summer tyres, and with no idea that tyres are more important than the fact he has a Land Rover badge, was a treat, too.
mik

Post by mik »

As flagged to me by @scotta , but he was TOO SLOW to post it here.

Enjoyed this. 8-)

Last edited by mik on Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

c£100k though? Seems a bit pricey to me for what you get...and I'm a big, big fan of the K-Series but I just think you could get a Dan-spec car as good for less than half that. (Although fair enough, he mentioned they stuck with the K to get into the US).
dan

Post by dan »

Matty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:55 pm c£100k though? Seems a bit pricey to me for what you get...and I'm a big, big fan of the K-Series but I just think you could get a Dan-spec car as good for less than half that. (Although fair enough, he mentioned they stuck with the K to get into the US).
Not any more you can't, I'm finished working for peanuts. If you want a me spec car you're going to have to pay much more than that....hopefully Harris, catchpole et all will be reviewing my offering before too long.

Its not expensive for the amount of work that's gone into it, which is why he's already sold half a dozen of them. If you think it is, its not for you.