Decent car YouTubes

DeskJockey

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by DeskJockey »

That to me is utterly irresponsible. I know the roads are unrestricted, but even so, when they're going past other vehicles with a speed differential of several hundred kph they stand no chance of avoiding an accident if someone gets in their way.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Read about the German Police investigating it. If they go ahead and prosecute then that’s pretty much unrestricted autobahn done for.
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I don't mind that. Driving at such speed should be for tracks only.

When we drove through Germany in October it was mostly on an unrestricted autobahn, I kept it at about 90-95mph and we overtook most cars, traffic was fairly consistent at 80mph, so I doubt it will be greatly missed by the majority of drivers.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
John

Post by John »

I can't remember if their channel has been posted on here before but Rob from salvage rebuilds has bought the car he'd always promised himself.

mik

Post by mik »

John wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:24 am I can't remember if their channel has been posted on here before but Rob from salvage rebuilds has bought the car he'd always promised himself.
Don’t have time to watch it all just now, and not aware of the channel, but he certainly seems a happy boy and that history check thing looks pretty comprehensive.

Question though - Do the Englanders on here also fink fahck me roight ap the apples n pears, ats a cappul ah roight cockernee acksentz? Or just me? :)
John

Post by John »

Not just you :D

Their channel is worth a watch if you like watching two blokes repair damaged run of the mill cars without the drama a lot of other channels produce. The Lamborghini is a far as you can get from their normal content.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Interesting video from JayEmm on a particular Ferrari FF which was destined for a BCA auction until the video was published and its now been pulled. Its a long video but I found it pretty interesting. Even after reading the Pistonheads thread, I'm not entirely sure how a car can be correctly serviced and have that many serious issues on it which owners aren't aware-of.

TLDR - don't trust car dealers, especially those who love to take pictures of their stock in a pond.

Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:33 am
John wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:24 am I can't remember if their channel has been posted on here before but Rob from salvage rebuilds has bought the car he'd always promised himself.
Don’t have time to watch it all just now, and not aware of the channel, but he certainly seems a happy boy and that history check thing looks pretty comprehensive.

Question though - Do the Englanders on here also fink fahck me roight ap the apples n pears, ats a cappul ah roight cockernee acksentz? Or just me? :)
im struggling and I'm from the south - Kent accent?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

ftao @mik the first clip, just for you (and for anyone else, an accent);

mik

Post by mik »

He’s da man! 8-)

It’s even reinforced via signage, yet the brainless still try to take him out. :roll: I do think he should kill all of the other vehicle occupants though. :?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

John wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:59 am Not just you :D

Their channel is worth a watch if you like watching two blokes repair damaged run of the mill cars without the drama a lot of other channels produce. The Lamborghini is a far as you can get from their normal content.
You've missed the Bentley they're doing then...
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

^Still a dick move, really.
mik

Post by mik »

mr_jon wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:49 am ^Still a dick move, really.
Which comment above? :?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I swear It's always VW buses who do that whole "blocking both lanes" thing. Half the time when you get one double long queue next to an empty lane, the traffic ends up blocking turnings and roundabouts way back that would have been left clear if people just read the signs and did as they were told.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:33 pm

It's one of the few things I watch regularly as I find it quite relaxing. The quieter guy Chris has an amazingly broad skillset 😎
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

mik wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:55 pm He’s da man! 8-)

It’s even reinforced via signage, yet the brainless still try to take him out. :roll: I do think he should kill all of the other vehicle occupants though. :?
Nothing winds me up more than when my wife takes the side of the bellend that's just tried to cut me up. Obviously they want you to avoid conflict at all times and fall in behind, but I counter argue with 'if you were walking down the street and someone overtook you and then tried shoving you into a hedge or stop you getting past the aggressively, you'd say what the fuck are you doing?' It's no different just because they have a car wrapped around them.
To be fair, it's the only thing we ever argue about.

Driving standards are so poor now, I long for the day I can drive around in an old crown vic with bullbars and pit every dozy cunt like that out of the way.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I look forward to the day when 90% of traffic is autonomous driving so I can merrily dive in and out of gaps knowing the other cars are automatically going to avoid me 8-)
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Carlos wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:52 am
Rich B wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:33 pm

It's one of the few things I watch regularly as I find it quite relaxing. The quieter guy Chris has an amazingly broad skillset 😎
Shit, was going to say his accent isn’t that bad :lol:
I’d say it’s a mix of Kent and Essex.
How about not having a sig at all?
tim

Post by tim »

I watched that entirely for the giant blonde woman. :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_