Decent car YouTubes

mik

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by mik »

Tiffany pedalling well.

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I'm probably in the crowd and will pics, somewhere.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik

Post by mik »

nuttinnew wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:59 pm
Watched the Calibra-Corrado-Prelude-Probe segment of this whilst getting ready this morning, and it just reminded me of reasons Clarkson always annoyed me. Generalised statements with very little detail, and a lot of focus on stoopid dog/coffee/city/anything analogies. "If this car was a cable, it would be an RS232 interface lead" or some pish. :evil: And they have left in totally nonsensical statements like (referring to the Probe) "You have to stir the gearbox to really make it move at low revs".
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sorry for giving you an itchy stabbing hand to start your day :(
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

I had to play this a second time on the TV through the stereo..... TURN IT UP! 8-)

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That is wonderful.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don't think Tesla tricked any car guys on the internet :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

@nuttinnew Good analysis (which blows the claim apart even whilst making generous assumptions in favour of the truck).

I like that he drew a triangle and a beetle to represent the two vehicles in question. :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

How does he keep getting away with such blatant lies and misleading information. There weren’t even asterisks or cleaver wording to his statements on screen. Especially in America where you expect everyone to sue everyone.

I guess he’s got away with it this long he’ll keep doing it.

I think engineering explained was very conservatives with his estimates, the extra aero and rolling resistance drag of the truck plus trailer will surely make a decent dent in its last 1/8th performance.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:32 pm I think engineering explained was very conservatives with his estimates, the extra aero and rolling resistance drag of the truck plus trailer will surely make a decent dent in its last 1/8th performance.
Musk uses Trump tactics. :roll:

And your point is exactly what I was referring to above - there is absolutely no way that the 11mph difference between solo-truck and truck-towing-911 at the 1/8 mile mark would actually be maintained to the 1/4 mile mark, so it's would never get anywhere close to the figure he calculated.....
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:56 pm I like that he drew a triangle and a beetle to represent the two vehicles in question. :lol:
That's EE for you, all about the details 8-)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:53 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:32 pm I think engineering explained was very conservatives with his estimates, the extra aero and rolling resistance drag of the truck plus trailer will surely make a decent dent in its last 1/8th performance.
Musk uses Trump tactics. :roll:

And your point is exactly what I was referring to above - there is absolutely no way that the 11mph difference between solo-truck and truck-towing-911 at the 1/8 mile mark would actually be maintained to the 1/4 mile mark, so it's would never get anywhere close to the figure he calculated.....
his entire career and success is based on continual lying. The number of amazing things he has announced are "we can already do it" or going to happen next year is hilarious.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:48 pm I don't think Tesla tricked any car guys on the internet :lol:
Maybe not, but without proof it's just another opinion ;)
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Here for the RS2 content:

JonathanE

Post by JonathanE »

My old car. Selling it was the second stupidest thing anyone has ever done (selling the Countach being top of the list).

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Oh gosh. Regretting selling a watch has nothing on that. What a lovely machine. Did you directly replace it?

I was always fascinated by the Jalpa in the 1980s; you got magazine articles about the Countach but virtually nothing on the little Lambo.