Decent car YouTubes

Beany

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:40 pm This week's Smith and Sniff podcast (also on YouTube) is worth a listen from when CarPervert interviewed for Top Gear.
Every weeks Smith and Sniff is worth a listen. Those two are great at talking entertaining bollocks.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Simon wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:40 pm This week's Smith and Sniff podcast (also on YouTube) is worth a listen from when CarPervert interviewed for Top Gear.
Cheers
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Really good video - fair play to them both for putting it together. CH is a bit of a legend imo.

The whole Chris Evans thing went exactly as I thought it would (I think I was pretty vocal about it when CE was first announced). But like Harris, I still wouldn't have turned it down in his position.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I mean, even if you don't like Top Gear....

...it's fucking Top Gear. If the opportunity came up and you had even remotely credible auto journalism chops, you'd be silly not to go for it really.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:47 pm Really good video - fair play to them both for putting it together. CH is a bit of a legend imo.

The whole Chris Evans thing went exactly as I thought it would (I think I was pretty vocal about it when CE was first announced). But like Harris, I still wouldn't have turned it down in his position.
Just watched the the Ian Callum interview which was also great. They are really relaxed around Jonny.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Carlos wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:15 am Just watched the the Ian Callum interview which was also great. They are really relaxed around Jonny.
Good call, I'll queue that one up.

Part 2 of Smith & Harris, I rewound the first 30s about four times :shock:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

What's all that pony that he had the buy the Rolls Royce parts and not the BMW version?

Doesn't he know how to use Google and eBay?
Real-life Females
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Nathan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:17 pm What's all that pony that he had the buy the Rolls Royce parts and not the BMW version?

Maybe you invalidate the Rolls warranty if you fit BMW parts. And you have to use a dealer to fit them. And I imagine a Phantom without a warranty is unsaleable :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

speedingfine wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:59 pm
Nathan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:17 pm What's all that pony that he had the buy the Rolls Royce parts and not the BMW version?

Maybe you invalidate the Rolls warranty if you fit BMW parts. And you have to use a dealer to fit them. And I imagine a Phantom without a warranty is unsaleable :lol:
He's got a bit of form for stuff like that, I remember him buying a removable Range Rover towing hook from the dealer for something daft like £500 and it turned out to be a standard £100 Witter/Westfalia part lol
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

speedingfine wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:59 pm

Doubt it was in warranty !
Real-life Females
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Amazing.
mik

Post by mik »

That was great.

I nearly turned off with 2 mins to go - FFS don’t make that mistake. 8-)
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Fingers crossed for a pt2!

I was completely unaware of there being a low/high roof series of Countach.
mik

Post by mik »

RobYob wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:32 am Fingers crossed for a pt2!

I was completely unaware of there being a low/high roof series of Countach.
Harry has mentioned this on a few of his vids. Despite the QV being the one to have from a spec perspective - it is worth nothing like the Periscopo or low-roof versions.

Not a lot in it visually!

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The Chris Harris interviews were great as I thought they would be. Sounds like there's one hell of a story to tell about the Evans Top Gear era.

As for the abuse, that's so far out of order and its disappointing that he got a rough ride from proper petrolheads who'd been presumably following his work for years and years.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

RobYob wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:26 am
Carlos wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:15 am Just watched the the Ian Callum interview which was also great. They are really relaxed around Jonny.
Good call, I'll queue that one up.

Part 2 of Smith & Harris, I rewound the first 30s about four times :shock:
Enjoyed that 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik

Post by mik »

Just a short one. Look how wriggly this is under braking. 8-)

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mighty car mods are doing a chev small block into E30 with Tremec T66 and skyline diff. It'll have the finesse of a hand grenade but still, it'll be a laugh.