Trump

V8Granite

Re: Trump

Post by V8Granite »

speedingfine wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:31 pm Dave! Alas I can't resist my usual line of questioning. Where have you read that the FBI and Biden are so very bad? Also, do you really think that those two might be on the same level of bananas as someone that tries to overturn a fairly contested democratic election in the way we saw at the Capitol attack?
Ok, the videos of him with prostitutes paid for by the tax payer, the videos of him high on crack and driving, the iligitimate child he fathered where the Bidens then refused to aknowledge her till she was 4.

The FBI oopsawoopsy losing Hunter Bidens laptop which alegadly had various wrongdoings on. Yeah as that happens every day.

The whole of American politics is so corrupt, the media focuses on Trump. He definitely has a lot to answer for but Biden and Hilary seem to get passed over. It’s like a red rag to a bull and seems very one sided from what you see in the news compared to what you see online.

I don’t like Biden, I think if alegations to Trumps kids that have been thrown at Hunterbthen Trumps kids would be all over the media.

Just because I dont like Biden doesn’t mean I like trump as President. I just find it strange how the media focus on Trump so much. The remark about Trump and diet coke was how the media went all excited when they realised how much of it he drank, he isn’t healthy enough, yet Biden is in the land of the fairies and they say he is fit to govern.

I’m just very glad I live in the U.K.

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

To the extent that those allegations are true, they’re about Hunter Biden who is not president, not a candidate and does not have any actual influence on the country. Joe Biden isn’t some sort of mafia godfather protecting his son.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Having a wayward son doesn't really compare to insurrection in my book Dave. The laptop thing is hardly clearcut ... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_ ... ontroversy
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:11 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:09 am Im not sure that uk isnt that difference sadly.
We absolutely are very different. As said above, when we think of America we tend to think of places like California, New York etc. But a lot of America is Bumfuck Nowhere, and they are so incredibly isolated and often, as a result, very backward/behind the curve.

I was laughing last night when reading Bill Bryson's book on the US, which was first published some 30+ years ago, and how he was utterly dumbstruck at the lack of reporting on the late 80s stockmarket crash when he was over there - it was a throwaway one liner on most radio stations and he had to tune into Canadian news to get the full story. I know times have changed and access to proper news should be more readily available with the internet, but for a significant chunk of the country they;ll be drawing news still from local radio stations, their neighbours, and whatever Facebook bubbles they exist in.

As for Trump's 2nd round, we should all be very worried - the world is increasingly balanced on a knife edge, and a softening of attitudes to the Russians, Chinese and Iranians will be very bad news for many countries.
Agree with what you are saying there.

What I meant was, there are still people that would vote Boris in again.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

De Santis has quit!.. definitely feels like a “who do you dislike more” vote coming up. Probably the same in the UK tbh 🤷‍♂️

https://news.sky.com/story/ron-desantis ... n-13053662
Cheers,

Ian
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

IanF wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:36 pm De Santis has quit!.. definitely feels like a “who do you dislike more” vote coming up. Probably the same in the UK tbh 🤷‍♂️

https://news.sky.com/story/ron-desantis ... n-13053662
Of course they "prayed and deliberated"...

Fucking religion eh?

They should all be banned
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Last edited by Sundayjumper on Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

He lost the defamation case, no surprise there.

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

IanF wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:31 pm https://apple.news/AA3JZnrT7T3qc02s_3byl9A
It's another step, but now it's down to the Supreme Court which is heavily stacked in his favour

Their decision could kind of be make or break for the US
mik

Post by mik »

Simon

Post by Simon »

The easy way to spot AI images is to look at the mess it makes of hands and fingers.....! and that photo is no exception.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
mik

Post by mik »

This possibly better fits in the “Random” thread, but <shrugs>

Probably NSFW due to audio

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

mik wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:38 pm Probably NSFW due to audio
I got caught out with that years ago. The audio was Female tennis players but the caption read “That’s not what your colleagues think you’re watching” :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Another excellent vid from the legal eagle giving a good breakdown of 'Trump Media' and what a shit show it all is right now.

And 'lol' at the McDonalds reference.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Interesting, doesn't sound like Trump will lose either way. He's got himself into a position that allows him to rig the game whatever happens.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Bravo to the chyron person 8-)