Trump

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Trump

Post by Sundayjumper »

Brocco is just trolling as usual, because he's moron, but given how messed up the American election system is, Trump with Ramaswamy as VP still manages to be a non-zero probability. God help us.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

If Trump gets in, I think Biden will be shown to be a warmongering child sniffer.

I want to find out what Biden did in Sudan as a colleague absolutely despises something Biden has done but I’m struggling to find out what.

American politics is very entertaining.

Dave!
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Broccers wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:05 pm It will be interesting when he actually gets back in.

If he gets back in I guarantee he will have learnt by his mistakes. He'll do a Putin and there will be no more elections/terms. Job for life.
After pardoning himself, obviously.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

They're all dodgy fucks

Politics: from the Latin poli meaning many, and tics meaning blood sucking insects
mik

Post by mik »

Broccers wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:05 pm It will be interesting when he actually gets back in.
Psychologists must be fascinated by this.

A massive number of Republicans are so overflowing with feelings of hatred/revenge towards Democrats (and the values they support), that they are prepared to (unconsciously, or – far more likely – consciously) accept and support a man whose default behaviour is to lie and deflect. He's been shown to have done this countless times. He is so clearly in this process entirely for himself and his family as opposed to making things better for all Americans, but supporters just seem to tighten their blinkers.

It’s like Verstappen fans watching him clearly drive others off the track, but defending his actions ‘cos whoop whoop Max he’s our man, and hey – Johnny OtherDriver did something kinda slightly broadly similar 3 years ago and only got minorpenalty! They know that this behaivour is dangerous, and simply not accepted at any other level of motorsport – but “hey you’re just sore losers – whoop whoop Max”.
(I’m sure the same applies to every other sport. (Kickballer fake dives anyone?)).

I thought (hoped) that – with Trump out of the Whitehouse for some time, people would be able to step back a bit and see the madness. Smell the bullshit. Apparently not. :?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Their problem is, they voted in Biden to not have Trump - but Biden has been shit and won't step aside. What do they do next?
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

A video clip from one of Fox's hate-spewers, Jeanine Pirro from 2016, has resurfaced to bite her in the ass:
This is the most important election of your lifetime. Whether you like Hillary Rodham Clinton or Donald Trump doesn’t matter. There is only one person you can vote for. We cannot have a country led by a president subject to ongoing criminal investigations, potential indictments, and never-ending hearings. We cannot have a president under that level of scrutiny that ultimately leads to more questions and more investigations. Regardless of what happens to her, whether she’s indicted or even guilty, it doesn’t matter. Her guilt is a moot point. She cannot take the Oval Office… How do you think the world is going to look at the United States when a woman under federal criminal investigation, who has lied repeatedly to the American people, is elected?
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:05 am Their problem is, they voted in Biden to not have Trump - but Biden has been shit and won't step aside. What do they do next?
Totally this, I remember from back in the days of the Brexit vote, someone saying how one shouldn't use their vote as an anger-management tool

Trump is awful, but so is the thought of another 4 years of Biden, who appears to barely be able to function now, let alone in a few years' time

When I see Biden on TV etc, he can barely walk and talk, how can that be worthy of voting for (except for, as has been said above, it's just "not the other guy")?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

https://x.com/hannahpthomas/status/1696 ... PEzi2DgYoQ

Senate minority leader (R).. not sure any of them are fit to govern. Been a Senator since 1984 ffs! Let the guy retire and enjoy his remaining years.
Cheers,

Ian
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

IanF wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:33 am https://x.com/hannahpthomas/status/1696 ... PEzi2DgYoQ

Senate minority leader (R).. not sure any of them are fit to govern. Been a Senator since 1984 ffs! Let the guy retire and enjoy his remaining years.
This is so heart-breakingly sad, to see a guy in this state

But I can't imagine a Dem mocking him, in the way a Rep would (and have!) mock Biden

Yeah, we all laughed at Trump using two hands to drink a glass of water, and when he slipped down that ramp

But he wasn't infirm - these two guys are clearly quite old/ill, it seems cruel to be wheeling them out, putting them on the ballot for another 4 years as president etc
Simon

Post by Simon »

IanF wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:33 am https://x.com/hannahpthomas/status/1696 ... PEzi2DgYoQ

Senate minority leader (R).. not sure any of them are fit to govern. Been a Senator since 1984 ffs! Let the guy retire and enjoy his remaining weeks.
FTFY
The artist formerly known as _Who_
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:06 am
Psychologists must be fascinated by this.

A massive number of Republicans are so overflowing with feelings of hatred/revenge towards Democrats (and the values they support), that they are prepared to (unconsciously, or – far more likely – consciously) accept and support a man whose default behaviour is to lie and deflect. He's been shown to have done this countless times. He is so clearly in this process entirely for himself and his family as opposed to making things better for all Americans, but supporters just seem to tighten their blinkers.

It’s like Verstappen fans watching him clearly drive others off the track, but defending his actions ‘cos whoop whoop Max he’s our man, and hey – Johnny OtherDriver did something kinda slightly broadly similar 3 years ago and only got minorpenalty! They know that this behaivour is dangerous, and simply not accepted at any other level of motorsport – but “hey you’re just sore losers – whoop whoop Max”.
(I’m sure the same applies to every other sport. (Kickballer fake dives anyone?)).

I thought (hoped) that – with Trump out of the Whitehouse for some time, people would be able to step back a bit and see the madness. Smell the bullshit. Apparently not. :?
I honestly think he might get back in . Which, tbf, is good for the uk.
mik

Post by mik »

Some interesting insights. (Although I was really hoping to see some ballpark $ figures thrown around).

Simon

Post by Simon »

This is hilarious. Trump continues to be fucked.

The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, I saw that earlier and thought "I'll post that on the thread tomorrow" but you've beat me to it.

Legal Eagles earlier video ranking Trumps lawyers is also worth a look, for comedy value.

mik

Post by mik »

WTF?

Not close enough to assess whether this is more a reflection on the other candidates, but stil…., :shock:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

It is scary, sad and mindbogglingly stupid all at once.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:00 am It is scary, sad and mindbogglingly stupid all at once.
This.

I never used to pay much attention to US politics but a lot of the Twitterers I follow for Ukraine news cross over into it and it is NUTS.

Over here we mainly think of America as being California & New York but there's a whole load of stuff in the middle that's let's say... has lagged a bit in developing.
mik

Post by mik »

I can't work out if Americans are unaware that the rest of the world sees Trump as a clear self-serving swivel-eyed maniac, or that they are just so yoo-ess-ay, yoo-ess-ay insular that they simply don't care? :?

That probably reads as far more derogatory to John Q American than I intended it to, but I'm genuinely baffled (in the same way that I guess foreigners were baffled that anyone in the UK would have considered Boris as ready/capable to take office).