Today’s want

mik

Re: Today’s want

Post by mik »

I like them. I was initially confused about it's efficiency, but - well - that's totally clear now.

=-=-=-=-=

Electrical consumption low : 17.0 kwh/100 km

Electrical consumption medium : 16.5 kwh/100 km

Electrical consumption high : 17.5 kwh/100 km

Electrical consumption extra-high : 23.0 kwh/100 km

Electrical consumption combined : 19.1 kwh/100 km
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Don't turn the heating on high.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Set it to medium. The car is more efficient at medium than it is at low.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Is that with the induction hob option?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:23 pm Is that with the induction hob option?
Yeah but it only works if you wear steel toecap boots.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:23 pm Is that with the induction hob option?
Yes, but your trousers need to be made of the right stuff or it doesn’t work
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Now that we've completed our house purchase I can get back to thinking about cars again. After the very enjoyable passenger ride I had in an Aston Vanquish S I've been looking at them a bit and rather like this: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 3235538077 - I'm sure there are deals to be done on them too so I wouldn't want to pay anything near asking price.

But I think I'd get more enjoyment out of driving an Alpine A110 so that's a good option. Which leads me back to the MX5 love because they're similarly light or lighter, always a layout I've loved and such amazing value when you look at other proper 2-seat soft-top sports cars. And if I got an ND184 MX5, I could buy a GR Yaris as well for the same budget. There is still something very cool about the GR Yaris; the pumped bodywork just looks so rally rep and they have more want-one factor for me than virtually anything I see out in the real world.

Idle musings; I don't have the cash spare right now but it's always good to think...
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:48 pm Now that we've completed our house purchase I can get back to thinking about cars again. After the very enjoyable passenger ride I had in an Aston Vanquish S I've been looking at them a bit and rather like this: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 3235538077 - I'm sure there are deals to be done on them too so I wouldn't want to pay anything near asking price.

But I think I'd get more enjoyment out of driving an Alpine A110 so that's a good option. Which leads me back to the MX5 love because they're similarly light or lighter, always a layout I've loved and such amazing value when you look at other proper 2-seat soft-top sports cars. And if I got an ND184 MX5, I could buy a GR Yaris as well for the same budget. There is still something very cool about the GR Yaris; the pumped bodywork just looks so rally rep and they have more want-one factor for me than virtually anything I see out in the real world.

Idle musings; I don't have the cash spare right now but it's always good to think...
Harry’s latest video shows Alpine 110 GT for £599 pcm on 0% interest
Cheers,

Ian
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Watched it already - I think I'd have the base version with the lightweight bucket seats for £499/month. Not sure I want to PCP a fun weekend car though, which tips it back to the MX5 again.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

IanF wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:48 pm Harry’s latest video shows Alpine 110 GT for £599 pcm on 0% interest
I had a look at this again today. The base model is £499 a month but nearly £8k deposit and 2.9% interest; the GT is £599 a month but under £6k deposit and 0% interest. The S deal is the same as the GT. So there's little reason to go for the base one, yet that's the more appealing to me. Bit odd that the deals on the GT and S don't show the correct list price though, so there's probably an error in there somewhere.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:27 am
IanF wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:48 pm Harry’s latest video shows Alpine 110 GT for £599 pcm on 0% interest
I had a look at this again today. The base model is £499 a month but nearly £8k deposit and 2.9% interest; the GT is £599 a month but under £6k deposit and 0% interest. The S deal is the same as the GT. So there's little reason to go for the base one, yet that's the more appealing to me. Bit odd that the deals on the GT and S don't show the correct list price though, so there's probably an error in there somewhere.
That is exactly the issue I had with those deals - I want the base model, not the GT or S.

Still, they're coming down in price. That AT Price Tracker has been useful to see that not only have they finally dropped below the £40k floor, but some have dropped more than 10% in the last few months.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

It's a buyers market right now, Im predicting prices are likely to drop even more over the summer.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

See also Lexus RCF, which I may have been considering.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:27 am
I believe the 0% is only on cars they have in stock all of which will have some extras so the figures are never as round as Harry made out.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

The teenage Gran Turisimo 2 playing R34 GTR fanboy in me loves this
mik

Post by mik »

@jamcg Nothing wrong with any of that 8-) , but it feels a bit "soon" to describe this as a "re-imagined R35 GT-R" when Nissan were still selling those new late into 2022? :?
Peterlplp

Post by Peterlplp »

Front looks like a vz commodore.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

They've reimagined it by using a few design cues from the R34 GTR, which was always (to me) the least visually appealing and least desirable of any generation of GTR.

Also: Wangan Blue. Fnar.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

@Jobbo I know you're not completely set on the Vanquish but didn't the DB9 get much better press at the time. 70hp less of course but a much better gearbox and at the time, half the price

That example of the Vanquish looks very tatty inside and a cursory glance at Auto Trader has a lot of DB9's in better nick ?
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

jamcg wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:58 am

The teenage Gran Turisimo 2 playing R34 GTR fanboy in me loves this
i think that looks great, far better headlight shape than the normal GTR. How many hundreds of thousands will they change for it?