Post by Jobbo »

I’d prefer a Venturi to that.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Today’s want

Post by Sundayjumper »

Van.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305410537635

I like the seller’s mini rant, I feel his pain, I think we’d get along well.

**So many messers have been in touch I sadly feel the need to outline the below process**

1. Request any further info you may need from me
2. Arrange to view the vehicle
3. Show up to view vehicle as agreed
4. If you wish to purchase, we talk money

DON'T contact me unless you are able to follow these simple steps, in the order shown.

If you live too far away to view and make your own assessment, this is not my problem. I am a private seller and do not have time to create some sort of detailed condition report for you of every single ding and scratch. No I will not deliver to your home address some 40+ miles away. No I will not give you "best price" or negotiate in any form whatsoever until you've turned up to view it.

Come and view, see it for yourself and we can go for a drive, this is not a problem.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Curious MOT history there. First registered 20th April 2010. First MOT 20th October 2011 - i.e. *exactly* 18 months old. I know taxis need 6-monthly MOTs but if it was a taxi from new it should have had one at 12 months ?

Anyways, what really caught my eye was that at 18 months old and allegedly 24k miles the brake pads were worn out, front & rear. Must have been all the track days. Not the mileage blocker…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Just to potentially save you the journey, Leicester is one of those places I don’t buy cars from now. Too many wasted trips to see misrepresented cars there - like Birmingham and High Wycombe. Sorry, decent sellers in these towns and cities; you may exist but sadly it’s not worth the effort to find you.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:25 pm Just to potentially save you the journey, Leicester is one of those places I don’t buy cars from now. Too many wasted trips to see misrepresented cars there - like Birmingham and High Wycombe. Sorry, decent sellers in these towns and cities; you may exist but sadly it’s not worth the effort to find you.
See also
Bradford.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Not somewhere I’ve ever been to buy a car but I have heard people say that. And Keighley, obvs.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I don’t think it would work aswell as a 2+2 as I see the normal Rapide as but I don’t care, I even like the extra huge grill.

https://mcgurk.com/aston-martin-for-sa ... nyx-black/

Dave!
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:56 pm Curious MOT history there. First registered 20th April 2010. First MOT 20th October 2011 - i.e. *exactly* 18 months old. I know taxis need 6-monthly MOTs but if it was a taxi from new it should have had one at 12 months ?

Anyways, what really caught my eye was that at 18 months old and allegedly 24k miles the brake pads were worn out, front & rear. Must have been all the track days. Not the mileage blocker…
Import ?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Ascender wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:49 pm
IanF wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:43 pm What a colour combo! Love the red tip pipes aswell..

That is a thing of beauty 8-)
https://www.instagram.com/orourkecoacht ... I4bGtxNg==

The interior trimmers of the above car..
Cheers,

Ian
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

IanF wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:48 pm
Ascender wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:49 pm
IanF wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:43 pm What a colour combo! Love the red tip pipes aswell..

That is a thing of beauty 8-)
https://www.instagram.com/orourkecoacht ... I4bGtxNg==

The interior trimmers of the above car..
Nice! 8-)
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/ ... /66368928/

However, I don't have a spare £300k of cash right now. Anyone want to go halves ?
mik

Post by mik »

Needs more space for a ramp and some vehicle storage :geek:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

There should be plenty of space for a ramp ?

Mo' storage means mo' money unfortunately, and land anywhere around here is fairly expensive compared to the provinces. And wifey doesn't want to move. Already had that conversation.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

What you need is a small industrial unit which is below the business rates threshold. Commercial premises tend not to be quite as pricey as residential land unless they have potential for conversion I would imagine that unit is into business rates being payable territory. Add on the expense of business property insurance and other outgoings (utilities are not subject to the cap, for instance) and even if you own it outright it may be more cost-effective to rent somewhere.
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:26 pm There should be plenty of space for a ramp ?
You are correct - I was viewing on the phone with insufficient zoom.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:32 pm What you need is a small industrial unit which is below the business rates threshold. Commercial premises tend not to be quite as pricey as residential land unless they have potential for conversion I would imagine that unit is into business rates being payable territory. Add on the expense of business property insurance and other outgoings (utilities are not subject to the cap, for instance) and even if you own it outright it may be more cost-effective to rent somewhere.
I am aware of all of this :D

Freehold industrial units below the £12k rates threshold *and* of a decent size (say >1,000 sqft) *and* within a sensible distance of here are vanishingly rare to the point I don't think I've ever seen one. It's one of those "pick any two" scenarios. FWIW the property above has a Rateable Value of £13,750, which is about halfway through the taper.

And as a private owner/occupier you also want a property that is not elected for VAT.

Commercial rents seem to be ~10% of value and you still have every responsibility to pay for absolutely everything, plus getting stung for dilapidations when you move, or are forced to move if the landlord is difficult when it's time to renew the lease. It doesn't strike as good value when you could hold the asset yourself. Probably in a SIPP if possible.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Sat behind an Audi RS in rude green at lights earlier in the week, looked good. Quick browse on trader and it's ruined my lust, it's an etron. New ones listing for 135+k, 1 year old, low mileage in the 60k range ;)