Jealousy level - high.

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Jealousy level - high.

Post by Rich B »

I drive past a big plot of land every day that has some sort of construction going on. It has a lake and all sorts so it’s a pretty hefty bit of engineering going on. I thought I’d have a look at what’s being built there and it turns out it’s a single private house.

I had a look at the plans and boom, there it is - the underground garage of my dreams!!

So much want.
GG.

Re: Jealousy level - high.

Post by GG. »

I can't make out much detail from that image but enough to see it has a 'plant room' - not a utility with a boiler in it, a fucking plant room! :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

:shock: Is it a Mr Stark?

Any more detail on the rest of it?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:39 pm :shock: Is it a Mr Stark?

Any more detail on the rest of it?
my first thought too!

The plot

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Crikey

Although I'd be intrigued to see how well you can manoeuvre in and out of those spaces. You typically need 5-6m of clear space behind a parking space to manoeuvre out. And that turning area at the entry appears to be a typical architect effort i.e. dump some turn templates on that don't reflect reality. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

In all honesty if I could afford that kind of garage I'd enjoy having the problem of shuffling cars in out of their parking spaces.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

With that land I’d just build a proper workshop which can fit 40 cars and fit a proper pool/hot tub/sauna/gym/games room downstairs with space for a 4 cars.
How about not having a sig at all?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Trés cool 8-)

Think Swerve has a point though - doesn't seem to be enough space to easily manoeuvre cars around.....maybe it's all motorbikes?
Oui, je suis un motard.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm Crikey

Although I'd be intrigued to see how well you can manoeuvre in and out of those spaces.
If I was a cynical prick I'd guess those spaces are for a "collection" of investments which will never ever move.

But let's hope the driver just has skillz and will drift all those Ferraris the fook outta there.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Although that it's referred to as an"car display area" not a garage does not give much hope.

Along with the lack of hoists, dynos, rebuild areas and all the other stuff if have in my dream vehicle display area.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Raise £10 mill or so yourself, build your own and fill it with whatever you like!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Amazingly, in my dream garage I would do just that.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Love that. I covet this piece of land with planning permission for a ridiculous house. Huge underground garage would be on my plans as well.
An absolute unit
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Rich B wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:39 am Raise £10 mill or so yourself, build your own and fill it with whatever you like!
Quick Google suggests land was at auction 2016 for £5M but didn't reach reserve. Might need to up your budget of £10M Rich for build and suitably extravagent toys :lol:
Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
mik

Post by mik »

Was reminded of this thread when I watched this video. (And also I couldn't quickly locate my poll asking how large your car collection would be following your Euromillions win). I found myself not so interested in the vehicular content - more the garage setup.

The idea of a big car-cave basement (as per @Rich B 's trigger for this thread) is of course appealing, but does limit your residential options somewhat. I've been coming round to the idea of a separate (and potentially more industrial) car location though, where you can both store and do a bit of work on your cars. I wouldn't want a massive quantity of vehicles.

HarryM's setup is obviously very attractive, but whilst Mr Brewer's has less space for vehicles, it does counter with an "office" area where you could throw a few couches, stick in a coffee machine, a VR sim rig or two. And he has a handy mezannine area too.

I've decided this would be perfectly acceptable to me - and whilst I would like to think I'd keep it as spotlessly tidy as Mike appears to keeps his.... I probably wouldn't.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Dream house would have space for 10 cars comfortably, 2 workshop bays and a huge tool area. I prefer the idea of a lavish mezzanine area instead.

That plot though looks like it’s going to be stunning when done.

Dave!
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Smaller (5 cars max) and connected to the house would be my preference. I can't be arsed getting dressed for the outside weather every time I wonder down to my man cave.

Unfortunately the outside of that place looks a bit "modern council offices" from the glances I give it as I drive by. Some odd finishes on the road side.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

A farm like Harry's which has a clean bit and a spare smaller barn close to the house for cars would be my preference. Plenty of land so that you own the view - perfect.