The Cats are good too thread

dinny_g

Re: The Cats are good too thread

Post by dinny_g »

Yeah sorry to hear that Jobbo.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Thanks you bunch of softies (like me). She wasn’t showing any sign of improving her nerve function after 2 weeks so sadly we had to take a really difficult decision. Even the staff who had been looking after her at the vets were sad about it.

When I went to say goodbye to her, it was pretty emotional but it was obvious that she would have needed at least a further operation on her leg; she wasn’t putting her weight on it so the fracture was clearly not healing. So it felt like she was probably better off not suffering. Poor little thing; she was my gardening companion and a total character. Missing her.
Simon

Post by Simon »

So sorry to hear that Simon. Cats really get under your skin don't they? RIP Hazlenut. 😿

@Harry, Beany is right. Firstly, the cats have to be familiar with their carrier and don't make it an unusual or alien thing to them.

The other thing I found when taking my last cat on a long trip was that she much preferred to travel in the boot. Guess the darkness and white-noise combo along with some gentle driving just soother her enough for her to sleep rather than fight.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:(
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:43 pm
The other thing I found when taking my last cat on a long trip was that she much preferred to travel in the boot. Guess the darkness and white-noise combo along with some gentle driving just soother her enough for her to sleep rather than fight.
I suppose the difference is that if the cat is in the carrier hissing and wailing in the passenger/back seat, you remember to be a good boy.

If they're hidden away in the boot...."Oh, I could nip through that roundabout but I'll have to be quick" and forget you have precious cargo.

And when you retrieve that precious cargo, it's just a flailing bundle of loud, fast razor blades....justifiably so!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Sorry to heart bay Simon.

Both ours were great in the car but Lilly would happily go on a journey free to roam around and chilled out nigh on straight away.

I know not technically allowed but worth a try if it calms her.

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Hazelnut was fine in the car. She loved climbing in if you left the door or boot open. I once found her a mile and a half from home as I was getting back from work so I stopped and let her in for a lift. She loved it, standing up to look out of the windows.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Sorry for your loss jobbo. People without pets don’t understand how much it sucks. It really fucking does
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

A friend of mine has 2 Maine coon mosters. They are massve fluffy things, apparently more like dogs in that they are happy lazing about. One of them decided to use me as it's bed for most of our visit. I don't like cats particularly but I quite like this one.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Snitches get stitches