The Cats are good too thread

Beany

Re: The Cats are good too thread

Post by Beany »

My neighbours cat, Max, seems to be getting a bit funny in his later years.

I looked after him a couple of weeks ago while m'neighbour and his daughter did a bit of a euro tour, and Max spent most of the time outside, and would only pop his head in a couple of times a day, lap up some water and some dry food, and then pop back out again.

He's been doing the same so much lately, that looking after him again (neighbour is away again) we've not bothered with keys, and I'm just making sure there's food and water in some bowls outside for him.

Think it's mostly the weather - he's spending a lot of time sunbathing, and he seems to have made friends with the other neighbours and their huge cat, and they've been feeding him too apparently - the tart!

So this should be an easy couple of weeks of keeping food and water topped up (and free of slugs etc), and seeing if I can bribe him into my house for some scritches in my lap :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

I succeeded in bribing Max in with dreamies and scritches.

I am a cat thief, it at least I was till I realised I don't have a litter tray and should probably put him out for the night.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Kittens are growing up!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Had the door open earlier, absolutely not because I'm a bit hung over and fancied some fresh air with my morning coffee and breakfast.

Max pops in, hops in my lap, takes some scritches for ten minutes, then gets bored of HotD analysis on Youtube and pops back out.

Works for me :lol:
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Beany wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:58 am Had the door open earlier, absolutely not because I'm a bit hung over and fancied some fresh air with my morning coffee and breakfast.

Max pops in, hops in my lap, takes some scritches for ten minutes, then gets bored of HotD analysis on Youtube and pops back out.

Works for me :lol:
Lulu did a vomit on the carpet on Saturday morning and now I can't get the smell out.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Not a problem I've got. Max is happy for my house to be one of at least three places he can be fed and tickled, and he doesn't seem to care for sticking around.

I feel so used :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

So, Max is now pretty chill about just coming in if the door is open.

He hopped up on my footstool, so I moved it so it's next to me so I can give him a tickle. Fine.

Max dozes off, but hasn't considered the edges of the footstool. his head slowly slips off the edge, and he wakes up with a start and a somewhat alarmed kwakking noise which I can only assume translates as 'shitting fuck what just happened' :lol:

He hopped in my lap for some reassurance. And is now back on the footstool.

With his head close to the edge. Again....
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:lol: 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

He did exactly the same thing again, spent the next few minutes in my lap a bit spooked by the scary monster that was knocking him off the footstool, fell asleep on me for half an hour, then woke up, and has now popped out for nocturnal action.

Presumably walking up to literally anything and anyone, man or beast, tail up in the air, making chatty quacky noises that translate to HIYA.

I've seen him do it to adults, children (who obviously love it), other cats (which invariably arch their back at him), small dogs, big dogs (both types just seem to be befuddled by the experience) and if I set up a camera I'd probably see him doing it to foxes or hedgehogs. Just cantering up to them, happy as larry to see them, like he's known them for years and can't wait to get a stroke or a scritch out of them.

I genuinely don't know how he's not come across something bitey and got hurt - I can only think his happy blissful ignorance just confuses the fuck out of anything that might be dangerous :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

So Max went walkabout.

For a week.

Suspect the other neighbor had been feeding him, but wasn't in today to let him in out of the thunder and lightning so guess who gets his attention today? :lol:

I've been worried sick that he had been stuck under a shed, nah, he just walks up to me like I owe him something, and insurance frauds me.

What I should have done was to put some food outside for him and shut the door.

Instead he's in me lap dozing, like butter wouldn't melt.

Fucking twat!
Last edited by Beany on Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

An update on our cats:

Beany

Post by Beany »

The upstairs is now off limits.

That little munchkin at the top is Doing It Right.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

That is Waffle, and he is indeed.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Kitten stairs is cute overload.

While ours thinks he's a hard bitten detective.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Lovely looking cat, Rob - have you acquired him since moving back to Oz?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:06 am Lovely looking cat, Rob - have you acquired him since moving back to Oz?
Thanks, he and his sister have actually been in the family for four years now. Kittens from our local Norfolk shelter and brought back with us to Aus at eye watering expense and over a year in planning.

They don't seem to have been too traumatised by the months in Heathrow cattery then Aussie quarantine.

Both are mental so fit in well at our house. 8-)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Fabulous! My wife brought 6 cats back from the US with her and has told me at length about the cost and time taken. Sadly we lost the last of them earlier this year though I did meet 5 of them in total. One had actually emigrated from the UK with her originally so presumably had to suffer the process twice.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Hmm, I like this:

Munchkins on the lower rungs, obvs.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Some AI versions of our cats:
jamcg