Harry’s Garage

RobYob

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by RobYob »

GG. wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:52 pm I wonder if Harry read this forum as he did the old evo one... :lol:
He's active on PH so sadly I doubt he splits his time there and here.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:05 pm I didn't fully follow the story. So the mother took the kids to a TVR dealer and let them pick whatever TVR they wanted?
Probably before they were impounded by debt collectors.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:05 pm I didn't fully follow the story. So the mother took the kids to a TVR dealer and let them pick whatever TVR they wanted?
I didn't really follow that either, I struggled to hear some of the dialogue on the video to be honest.

I genuinely don't remember reading anything about the Scamander before, but I must have. I love that it exists and looks pretty epic on the road, although you have to laugh at the usual TVR foibles. Lovely looking series 1 Defender too.
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Ascender wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:25 pm
I didn't really follow that either, I struggled to hear some of the dialogue on the video to be honest.

I genuinely don't remember reading anything about the Scamander before, but I must have. I love that it exists and looks pretty epic on the road, although you have to laugh at the usual TVR foibles. Lovely looking series 1 Defender too.
It featured in Evo not long after he died, it was never meant for production, just a toy for himself.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Latest video is on the Dakar and we get the usual shots of him hooning around the farm.

I have to say, the more I see of this car I really want one. But with it being a limited run, looks like they're 250K+ for used ones, so it'll be a hard pass unless we start doing and win the lottery.

As much as you can take it off road to a degree, it just looks like it could be a lot of fun on any road type - especially the sort of pot-hole ridden A & B roads we get up this way.

Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I love the Dakar but I want one with a long range fuel tank and rear seats. Needs to be practical and capable of large distances.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oh, it doesn't have a larger fuel tank?

Bit ironic, that given, you know, Dakar. I presume it's a 4WD thing, wot with the tank being at the front?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

You'd have thought they could engineer a larger or secondary tank bearing in mind they've taken out the rear seats and done quite a bit of other re-engineering for the raised suspension.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I see the optional roof rack is shown pictured with some small jerry cans on it so I guess somewhere along the way they decided that the sort of person who would need a longer range will go for that setup rather than them working out how to get a bigger tank in the current floor plan.
Cheers,

Mike.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Love the way Porsche sell a foldable spade for £144 and the holder for £77! :lol:

Spec'd one last night, £188k for that is pretty good value. Then I went on Aston Martin and spec'd a new Vantage.. only problem is it doesn't show prices and so I have to guess what it costs :roll: (https://my.astnmrt.in/XU9LX7Q928)
Cheers,

Ian
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

IanF wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:31 am Love the way Porsche sell a foldable spade for £144 and the holder for £77! :lol:

Spec'd one last night, £188k for that is pretty good value. Then I went on Aston Martin and spec'd a new Vantage.. only problem is it doesn't show prices and so I have to guess what it costs :roll: (https://my.astnmrt.in/XU9LX7Q928)
I was just about to say the same thing about the spade! Been playing around with the configurator and I don't think the price is too bad (relatively speaking).

I take it you can't just order one of these, they're all gone and most will be sitting with collectors or already flipped?
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:56 am
I take it you can't just order one of these, they're all gone and most will be sitting with collectors or already flipped?
I believe they stated 2500 would be made (worldwide).
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Probably couldn't just walk up and buy one either without buying a Macan, Cayenne and Taycan beforehand :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:14 am Probably couldn't just walk up and buy one either without buying a Macan, Cayenne and Taycan beforehand :lol:
Or more likely based on Matt Carr's recent video, 3 Taycans.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Just paid the deposit on our Cayenne order today. Maybe I should speak to the dealer about a Taycan as well so I can order the next Dakar when it is launched :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

mik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:10 am
Ascender wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:56 am
I believe they stated 2500 would be made (worldwide).
Pretty sure Harry stated they're all sold in his video, although I might have misheard that/he might have been being facetious, because flippers etc.
mik

Post by mik »

Noice road trip this time, and I was happy to see the QV being pressed into action in place of the Testarossa. Not watched it all yet, but some interesting analysis around 25mins to explain why they got the cars transported to Barcelona rather than drive down. :geek:

I was a little surprised at Harry's comments re steering weight on the QV - he had a(n aftermarket electric) power steering kit fitted around a decade ago and reckoned it was great (with a switch fitted so it could be disabled at higher speeds) - did he take it off again :?:

scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:25 am - did he take it off again :?:

Yes - Had it removed when all the engine work was done at Ian Tyrrels. Its in the videos on it.
mik

Post by mik »

@scotta

I had a vague memory of that but wasn't sure. :? When first fitted he reckoned it was marvelous - can you remember why he then removed it?
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:54 am @scotta

I had a vague memory of that but wasn't sure. :? When first fitted he reckoned it was marvelous - can you remember why he then removed it?
Wanted more steering feel. Ive not watched yesterday's video yet to see the comments.