Mito Man

Re: 4 Paw Dog Drive Fleet running report

Post by Mito Man »

:( Goodbye Lola.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

R.i.p. Lola :( Sorry I got your name wrong :( mik has said it plenty of times before when telling us about you.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

RIP Lola, 15.5 is nicely done, that’s a lot of puppy eye snack gathering so pretty good going!!

Dave!
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Sorry to hear that Mik. Sounds like it was her time, but still terribly sad. RIP Lola
Cheers,

Ian
Holley

Post by Holley »

So sorry to hear that Mik 😞
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Sorry for the family loss Mik. Losing a dog is rubbish.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

My sympathies to you Mik and family. Heart breaking :(
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Sorry for your loss Mik.
mik

Post by mik »

Genuine thanks everyone. Today has been a lot easier (at least after I slept in - cos she was always the one who got us up for “where is my sodding breakfast???” :? ) and I’ve been able to start shifting from that empty stomach feeling of loss to memories of good times and how lucky we were to have her so long. :)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Glad you’re feeling better. Having other dogs definitely helps, it was far easier to process with Alfie than May. When we lost may it really was the old cliche of “the silence is deafening”
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I don’t normally dip into this thread as more of a cat person. Mik, I’m so sorry to hear about Lola. She looks lovely in the photos and after 15 years it must be a massive loss.

You and I should probably get together and take Esther Rantzen for her final journey after our recent experiences.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

I've been looking into posting into this thread, but as I'm not an acid poster I just sort of left it. That is very sad news though, Mik. Hope you and your family are able to remember the very long good times you had with her.

I had been wanting to post about our new addition, ironically a chocolate lab boy :(

Even at a few weeks old you do start to think about how long you will have with them. 15 years is a good time to have with her and I know from my dad losing our dog, it's a difficult thing to accept at the same time.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:50 am I don’t normally dip into this thread as more of a cat person. Mik, I’m so sorry to hear about Lola. She looks lovely in the photos and after 15 years it must be a massive loss.

You and I should probably get together and take Esther Rantzen for her final journey after our recent experiences.
I was there 2 months ago.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Completely agree with the dog going up to the staffie/ putbull.

Cooper is not a friendly dog on first meeting now. He basically charges up, dominates over the other dog and says “are you goi g to bite me” then once the other dog doesn’t do anything he plays lovely, rough with big dogs and gentle with small ones.

I can’t let him off the lead though as when another dog snarls it gets aggressive (as they would do considering how he barrels up to them) then he just grabs and pins them.

Really infuriating as it was him getting attacked multiple times in a week which just turned him overnight. Stupid fucks think it was fine as he is a big dog so wouldn’t get hurt ☹️.

Hutch is fine off the lead he just bumbles about and has fun, if Hutch and Cooper are off the lead though and Hutch hears Cooper bark, he sprints over and will just steam roller any dog out the way.

When summer hits we are going to have to take him to a trainer as I want him off the lead again and playing nice. He was bomb proof before.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:29 pm Completely agree with the dog going up to the staffie/ putbull.

Cooper is not a friendly dog on first meeting now...really infuriating as it was him getting attacked multiple times in a week which just turned him overnight. Stupid fucks think it was fine as he is a big dog so wouldn’t get hurt ☹️.

Dave!
I don't get why people think like that - well, maybe I do, and maybe it would be different if they would be the ones that could get bitten rather than their dog. A park near here brought in an area where all dogs have to be leads because people couldn't be trusted to be reasonable near the childrens' play area and the cafe. Their dog may be small but so is the human :x :roll:
"Stupid fucks think it was fine as he is a big dog so wouldn’t get hurt ☹️. " without a thought that if the big dog gets spooked/has enough their dog may get hurt inadvertently, e.g. a paw or claw in an eye, and completely unable to comprehend what harassing a sentient being does to its psyche - even after you've followed them around uncomfortably closely, and they've turned round and snapped that they're concerned for their personal safety and are going to report you to the police for stalking and that they're going to be nervous of anyone near them in the future, they don't see any similarities...

It sounds like Cooper has had similar experiences to Moocher and that they've had a similar effect :( :x
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Pretty much, he is wary and focuses on things that may come up to him, has a stare down and if he doesn’t like it would bowl over.

When I walk them both I use a Halti now as I don’t want to walk them differently to Treina and if both get jumped she wouldn’t be able to hold on. With a Halti it’s easy and when she calls they come right back, turn a corner to a spooked dog and it barks like mad they and they may be off before Treina gets to call them.

110kg combined takes some pulling which is fine for me but I think Treina would be in it for the ride on a regular collar 😂.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Click "top comments";