4 Paw Dog Drive Fleet running report

speedingfine

Re: 4 Paw Dog Drive Fleet running report

Post by speedingfine »

Across the North Yorkshire Moors on holiday in the slowest car in the world; a C5 diesel packed to the gunwales with camping gear. Dogs are enjoying it though, even if they don't entirely get on 😆
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:29 pm I’ve joined the wankers who put their dogs in a pram gang.
No you haven't, they're the ones who put them in a pram when there isn't a need. Nowt wrong with using one to enable him to get out and about and keep being a dog.

Mobility scooters; at a park I saw a chap on one taking his dogs for a run, larger, speedy dogs, that moved at a heck of a lick having zoomies in a straight line. It was raining as well so he had a clear plastic cover over the scooter - think mobility 7. I'm not convinced it wasn't modified for speed, at the very least it must have been derestricted.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:35 am Dogs are enjoying it though, even if they don't entirely get on 😆
Enjoying the smells 8-)
Do they agree to disagree mostly and tend to avoid each other and stay apart?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

A good decision was made for last weekend; https://www.kentonline.co.uk/deal/news/ ... ar-292988/
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

We’ve had this lovely ex-racing greyhound girl about 3 weeks- we were more than a bit nervous getting another dog after Chiefs aggression towards Toby, but we didn’t need to worry as she’s been brilliant. She’s called Missy and is getting on really well with Toby. He’s a different dog altogether having another dog in the house, even though they don’t cuddle in, and quite often sit separately, he’s just much happier in general
IMG_1014.jpeg
IMG_1014.jpeg (121.76 KiB) Viewed 5560 times

Had our first drama today, took them to an enclosed field for a run about and she’s managed to rip out a dewclaw- greyhounds are famous for being absolutely fannies with pain but she wasn’t even bothered. Shot on a bit of wound ointment (dog savlon) with a dressing and some cohesive bandage and she’ll right as rain
mik

Post by mik »

Lovely 😎
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

You've a fine dedication to ensuring they're fulfilled and content 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

‘Ello ‘ello ‘ello. DI Mark Blundell reporting for duty.

On Monday 18 December 2023, I done proceed in a northerly direction to chateau mik, what done be in Scotchland. Here I done observe what be, in fairness, a dog related accidental injury, as it were, right there.

During this event, I done observe a mostly black, but also partly tan German exocet missile be launched themself from an upstairwardly direction upon the instruction of an IC1 male, one Mr mik, of Scotchland, following the verbal instruction of "come on - all of you out to the toilet" as it were. The german exocet missile done arrive at the scene at some considerable speed, and when done attempting to stop on the hard floor surface, done get into a slide and subsequently collide with a sort of crunchy slam into the foot of said IC male whilst still moving at some notable velocity.

At first, this incident done seem to be, to be fair, an simple case of clumsy bastard from mrs Gerrman exocet, but upon further what done be investigation, I done conclude that mr mik done now have an 'ole punched in the side of his foot by the sizeable toenail of the animal. There was, to be fair, quite a surprising amount of blood eminating from the human foot. But none from any appendage of the dog.

IC male mr mik I then done witnessed voicing "fucking dickhead" before compressing said foot to stem the bleeding, applying a plaster, and sodding off to his bed.

At this point, to be fair, I done exited the property and went home, after - of course - issuing the German exocet missile with a warning in regard of observing appropriate stopping distances - particularly under more slipperier conditions.

Over and out.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Isn't the right question why your foot was nekkid, thus inviting injury upon itself? It can hardly be the fault of the canine companion, can it?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:19 pm Isn't the right question why your foot was nekkid, thus inviting injury upon itself? It can hardly be the fault of the canine companion, can it?
Agreed. Only one dickhead here and it ain’t the dog :lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

jamcg wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:46 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:19 pm Isn't the right question why your foot was nekkid, thus inviting injury upon itself? It can hardly be the fault of the canine companion, can it?
Agreed. Only one dickhead here and it ain’t the dog :lol:
Especially as he calls the dog "Mrs German Exocet"

Edit: @mik recover well and quickly!
---
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sounds like she nailed you good Mik. Those big dogs can be dangerous, makes you paws for thought.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Had to take our choccie lab to the vet today and say the final goodbye. :cry:

She did superbly to reach (about 6 weeks over) 15.5 yrs - which is no mean feat for a Labrador - but her quality of life has been heading downhill for some time (with sight, hearing and motability deterioration rather than any specific health issues) and when I had to carry her outside last night to go to the toilet - we knew the balance had tipped.

Being 100% confident that you are doing the right thing for them doesn’t make the process any easier though :?

She was a fucking epic dog 8-) - RIP sausage.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

So sorry for your loss.
---
mik

Post by mik »

Cheers Alex. I’ve been pretty good all day, but when I fed the other two tonight I had to clean her bowl from this morning and set it to the side. Broke me.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Can imagine that. It'll be a tough time ahead, but take time to grieve.
---
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Mik that is rough. RIP Lola 😭
Last edited by speedingfine on Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Aw feck, sorry to hear that :(
I know from the support you gave me before, during, and after <wee beastie how in tune with her you were and how complete a life she lead. +1 to all that DeskJockey says. R.i.p. Sausage.
mik

Post by mik »

Apologies - she wasn’t called Sausage - it was just one of the names I used to refer to her in later years :oops: - she was Lola. As far as I am aware, she was not a show-girl.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

mik wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:43 pm Cheers Alex. I’ve been pretty good all day, but when I fed the other two tonight I had to clean her bowl from this morning and set it to the side. Broke me.
That’s what got me when we lost Alfie. It’s utterly heartbreaking.

Sorry for your loss. ☹️😢