Your fleet running reports

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Sundayjumper »

Interesting ! I was looking at that exact same unit as a potential for the Scimitar, for exactly the same reasons, without being massively blingy.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

If it's this one https://www.crutchfield.com/S-BWrPva5IO ... -10bt.html I've been having a nose at them, can do time alignment, crossover, etc 8-)
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

That's the one. There is also the same with DAB for about £40 more. I can't comment on the audio quality but functionally it works well. I actually like the fact you can rotate the phone between lanscape and portrate (and the holder is sturdy!) as not all apps (I'm looking at you, Spotify) work well in all screen formats.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

You might be able to have a play and a tweak and get it sounding better than stock. I don't if there's an app you can use to autotune/time align/etc it to make life easier (haven't read that far yet, pure laziness :oops: ).
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

There are tons of settings - there are about 3 'auto' setups but it seems enabling one turns off the other. After a bit of fiddling I just enabled something called "Super Todoroki Sound" which in title alone suggests it's the best setting....and it is.

There's not much point messing further...over 2.5K RPM or 40mph any music gets overwhelmed by wind/road/exhaust/turbo noises :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ah, doesn't leave a lot of opportunity does it?!

"Super Todoroki Sound
Super Todoroki Sound boosts low sounds and automatically adjusts mid- and high-range sounds to add impact and clarity to your audio
environment. "
scotta

Post by scotta »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:27 pm I’d be inclined to stick an apple airtag in it.
The bmw app will tell you where it is at all times.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Defender has passed its MOT with flying colours, which is surprising. The last MOT had a few advisories but now its perfect :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

My amazing car luck continues with the check engine light coming on in the middle of a holiday in Wales. VW roadside came out and read the code for me: P044100 EVAP system incorrect purge flow. This relates to the system which scavenges fuel out of vapour to improve economy, so doesn’t seem sufficiently mission critical to break the holiday. Booked in under warrantee next week.
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

6893D9F4-5269-442B-AAC8-C939CE9187A9.jpeg
6893D9F4-5269-442B-AAC8-C939CE9187A9.jpeg (106.85 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
Just picked the Disco up from its third service. It had an extra extended stay due to needing a new battery and road test to cure the stop/start and a technician getting COVID meaning that 4 other technicians were pinged…
It needed two tyres. Online OE Landrover Pirellis were on offer at £150 each, which the main dealer agreed to match despite quoting me £300 each for (admittedly £50 more expensive) Continentals. When I went to pick it up I saw they’d fitted Continentals to match the rear, so that’s a result!

I still don’t have a build date for the new Disco - microchip shortage and JLR shuffling production around during the July shutdown. I was hoping to avoid putting tyres on this just before selling, but they were not even 2mm in the centre. Hopefully it’ll come before used car prices normalise, as this is currently only worth £10k less than I paid for it 3 years ago.

Despite passing the mot without comment, the BMW brakes were knackered, so I’ve had Brembo discs and Pagid pads fitted all round. I tried with my limited London tools to do them, but don’t think the callipers had been off for over 10 years, so gave it to the local garage to sort. £180 labour and the parts had cost me £200. Kwik Fit wanted £600 for their own brand stuff…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

M140i is nearing the end of its time with me. I've done 75k so far and it's been great. Other than BMW breaking it at its 1st service it's been faultless (like all the BMW's I've had). It's due new discs and pads so I'll be ordering some brembo stuff for it.

I've just had my order confirmed for a new BMW 330e MSport Touring in mineral grey with mocha leather and that should be with me for the end of October.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Kinda tempted to do a big servicing run on the 330Ci and swap it for a 330d wagon, and chip it.

Yes, I'm old. But I don't really need a convertible (air con beats an open roof) and I somewhat miss the utility of the Mondeo. I also really am starting to find the 11mpg average over the last few thousand miles ( all around a very hilly part of town, admittedly, and no, I haven't reset the trip computer since last year) to be somewhat grating.

Am I bonkers? I'm not trying to impress anyone, and I think I'm over owning a convertible after this summer, honestly.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I suppose we're getting to the stage just before they start really hammering down on ownership of any big engined car, perhaps i just fancy a borderline sane (ie not French) big engined turbo diesel before they are taxed out of non-well money'd enthusiasts existence just like big engined petrol cars will be?
Or perhaps the wine is kicking in.

Regardless, the thought is in my head. Yeah, a 330d E46 wagon might be a compromise, but more of a compromise than the convertible E46 in terms of chassis stiffness, and the like? :geek:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Beany wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:01 pm I suppose we're getting to the stage just before they start really hammering down on ownership of any big engined car, perhaps i just fancy a borderline sane (ie not French) big engined turbo diesel before they are taxed out of non-well money'd enthusiasts existence just like big engined petrol cars will be?
Or perhaps the wine is kicking in.

Regardless, the thought is in my head. Yeah, a 330d E46 wagon might be a compromise, but more of a compromise than the convertible E46 in terms of chassis stiffness, and the like? :geek:
Darkside are doing a silly turbot diesel BMW (admittedly not an E46). Wouldn't walking to work be a better idea (ISTR it isn't far from what you've said previously)?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Bean, I doubt you’ll get decent economy out of a diesel round a hilly town. Still a good choice to get an E46 Touring; I loved mine and preferred it to the Alpina cab.
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

The 330d won’t be much better on short town runs, if at all once you factor in the fuel cost.
The touring will feel better balanced than your Cab, which always feel like you’ve got a heavy load in the boot to me.

How often do you need the space? I know it’s a convertible, but at similar money I’d be buying a 3.0 Z4. If anything the boot is more useful than yours because of the larger opening.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I get about 16-20 mpg around here in my XF pottering to the shops and back, or about the same as my Petrol T5 did.

And that a much more modern 3.0 diesel, with an 8 speed gearbox.

It will easily do triple that sat on cruise at 70 though!

The V60 has settled at 35.5 mpg on my wife's commute, which is about 8 miles up and over the Moor and back, I don't think anything will be particularly economical round here due to the hills, Pudsey is flatter than here though so you might get a couple more MPG but not much.

You'd be better getting an e bike to go to work on!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Surely to get 11mpg you are mainly sat in traffic or not even finishing the warm up cycle ?

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

IIRC Beany commutes 1 mile a day up to the peak of Ben Nevis ;)
How about not having a sig at all?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Surely the evo suggestion is a 335i touring?