Your fleet running reports

mik

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by mik »

I don’t know, but I am going to say 375bhp. I don’t care if that is an optimistic guess.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:23 am First post-lockdown event tomorrow, Autosoloing the Porsche at Bordon.
2/9 in class, 14/52 overall.

I’m OK with second in class but I wanted top ten overall.

It was very wet in the morning and the car didn’t like that. It struggles with front end grip at the best of times so when it’s wet it’s understeer a-go-go. The ground dried out after lunch and by the last runs around 4pm it was going pretty well. Just not well enough to make up the 10s I needed to get first in class :-(
mik

Post by mik »

Are you allowed to add a couple of degrees of neg camber
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:44 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:23 am First post-lockdown event tomorrow, Autosoloing the Porsche at Bordon.
2/9 in class, 14/52 overall.

I’m OK with second in class but I wanted top ten overall.

It was very wet in the morning and the car didn’t like that. It struggles with front end grip at the best of times so when it’s wet it’s understeer a-go-go. The ground dried out after lunch and by the last runs around 4pm it was going pretty well. Just not well enough to make up the 10s I needed to get first in class :-(
I'm claiming the 2 DNFs as well, which makes me 19th out of 54. 4s behind Mr Jumper over the day. 3rd out of 9 in my Class. Fabia went well, lots of fun was had and I didn't hit any cones which makes a change. I do need a cone air filter that doesn't fall off all the time though.
Left over crest; tightens.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:50 am
V8Granite wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:36 am Mrs Dave has a sudden urge for a classic after falling for an Orange Fiat 126 which sadly hasn’t come to fruition. It’s now looking like we are on the hunt for an MG Midget.

The incoming discussion of no doubt getting rid of the TT will be met with a firm no and it shall then be partially stripped to lose some weight so I can tinker a bit more.

I also fitted some Pilot Sport 4s to the rear to match the front as I am so impressed with them on the front. It’s still resisting understeer really well in its QS set up so I really am enjoying its cross country pace.

I shall have to get a perm.

Dave!
How would you fit into a car that small?
Butter and momentum.

Dave!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:59 amButter and momentum.
:lol:

Fresh MOT on the Aston today. A grand total of 420 miles covered this year. When I was commuting (in the 7) I was doing more than that every four days.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Uh-oh, I have caught teh dumb; lost my satnav :oops:
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:11 pm Fresh MOT on the Aston today. A grand total of 420 miles covered this year.
Car crime!

Beany

Post by Beany »

I concur.

Anyway, think my blower fan resistor is on the way out - it had been doing the ramping thing for a bit recently but now it keeps the fan on for a bit after the car has turned off; might have found that mystery battery flattening issue after all :D

Apparently the Behr part is the last one used on the E46 and unlike most 'OE' parts, is not known to be problematic, trying to find one in the UK is a PITA though.

[mention]Sundayjumper[/mention] any thoughts, seeing as it's not like you're driving yer fucking Aston so you must have time on your hands to help :D
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Beany wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm I concur.

Anyway, think my blower fan resistor is on the way out - it had been doing the ramping thing for a bit recently but now it keeps the fan on for a bit after the car has turned off; might have found that mystery battery flattening issue after all :D

Apparently the Behr part is the last one used on the E46 and unlike most 'OE' parts, is not known to be problematic, trying to find one in the UK is a PITA though.

@Sundayjumper any thoughts, seeing as it's not like you're driving yer fucking Aston so you must have time on your hands to help :D
Have you had a look on the Autodoc app?
Beany

Post by Beany »

I keep forgetting what that bloody thing is called :lol:

They don't seem to have the Behr one but I'll have a sniff aboot and see if any of the other ones they have are considered non-shit by the one make BMW forums. Ugh, one make forums :?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Search for hella too.

Tbh, it’s such a common and widely known issue even cheap non brand ones made in the last few years are probably better than the oe one.

Can’t remember what make I put in ours but it’s fine, has been fine for several years and was about 100times easier to fit than the internet’s seem to make out.

Couple of trim screws and a torx key for the actual screws holding the resistor in and job jobbed.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Considering it’s not a very expensive part and has lasted 15+ years I’d say the OEM didn’t do a bad job :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm @Sundayjumper any thoughts, seeing as it's not like you're driving yer fucking Aston so you must have time on your hands to help :D
Even though it's a common BMW thing, it's not something I've ever needed to do.

But you're overthinking as usual ;) Buy whatever is easily available and get on with it. Even a "crap" one will probably last longer than you'll keep the car.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

mik wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:00 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:11 pm Fresh MOT on the Aston today. A grand total of 420 miles covered this year.
Car crime!
Yeah. And 110 of those were a dull motorway slog from the one time I took it to work back in February-ish. So I've only done about 300 enjoyable miles :oops:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Hella / behr

Febi

Lemforder

Meyle

Then anything else is my usual list of makes to search for when buying aftermarket bmw bits. Plus a quick online checker to see how daft the oe bmw bit is first.
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:20 pm
Beany wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm @Sundayjumper any thoughts, seeing as it's not like you're driving yer fucking Aston so you must have time on your hands to help :D
Even though it's a common BMW thing, it's not something I've ever needed to do.

But you're overthinking as usual ;) Buy whatever is easily available and get on with it. Even a "crap" one will probably last longer than you'll keep the car.
I've nearly had it two years now :o

Yeah, I think just going with Harry's list and ignoring the moaning cunts on the BMW forums is probably the better idea :lol:

Looks like an annoying (rather than actually difficult) job to do, but well within my levels of cackhandedness 8-)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:24 pm Hella / behr

Febi

Lemforder

Meyle
I don't think I've ever needed Hella or Behr but the others definitely. I've used lots of Lemforder & Meyle bits. Bosch a few times too, mainly batteries.

But OTOH, I've used ECP super-cheapo Eicher brakes on a few cars and they've been fine too. I think a whole set of those F&R including pads was well under £100 on the MINI. Not sure I'd put them on the bigger cars though...
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:40 pmYeah, I think just going with Harry's list and ignoring the moaning cunts on the BMW forums is probably the better idea :lol:
You know, I genuinely can't remember the last time I actively engaged on a single-make forum. I'll dip in if Google finds something I'm looking for but otherwise I find it all quite unbearable.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:49 pm
Beany wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:40 pmYeah, I think just going with Harry's list and ignoring the moaning cunts on the BMW forums is probably the better idea :lol:
You know, I genuinely can't remember the last time I actively engaged on a single-make forum. I'll dip in if Google finds something I'm looking for but otherwise I find it all quite unbearable.
I have on occasion but the general braying fuckwittery makes you stay away 😂