Secret 4wd version?
mr_jon

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by mr_jon »

Toyota Starlet.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Good time to give the callipers a scrub.
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:25 pm I'm gonna have to pull the belts off and check the idlers by hand, aren't I? Sigh.
Meh. If it’s not making a noise leave well alone.

Unless it’s the water pump. IIRC they have a habit of ruining your day when they fail.

Otherwise leave it.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:39 am
Beany wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:25 pm I'm gonna have to pull the belts off and check the idlers by hand, aren't I? Sigh.
Meh. If it’s not making a noise leave well alone.

Unless it’s the water pump. IIRC they have a habit of ruining your day when they fail.

Otherwise leave it.
exactly, if you want to fiddle with it then do, but don’t sigh like it’s a chore you don’t want to do.
mik

Post by mik »

Surely all the belts and pulleys need to come off to reach the MAF?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It's a BMW, not something French 😀
Cheers, Harry
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Bought a snow foam lance and some snow foam from euro car parts.

40 quid delivered for the lance and a 5L bottle of auto finesse solution, delivered within 20 minutes of ordering!

Did both cars, it's pretty good stuff, just foamed the car then wash mitted the foam off then rinsed and waxed.

It's great stuff, brought the paint up brilliantly and shifted all the crap of been stuck outside for 3 weeks not being washed no trouble at all.

Wish I'd bought one years ago now!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

The other day there was a “ping” and then a crunching noise as I tried to close the osr window on the Touareg. That’ll be a broken cable then.

The Touareg is very well built but it does sometimes make things hard to get to. In this case you need to remove half the door - literally half the door - to get to the mechanism. Removing the door card will get you to the motor, but the mechanism is another layer further in.

81C808E3-104D-4725-8EB9-0C3B6A84839B.jpeg
81C808E3-104D-4725-8EB9-0C3B6A84839B.jpeg (129.7 KiB) Viewed 2502 times

I guess I’d better do the other side too now, it’d be Sod’s Law that it would fail on a wet winter’s night if I don’t.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

16vCento wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:32 pm Bought a snow foam lance and some snow foam from euro car parts.

40 quid delivered for the lance and a 5L bottle of auto finesse solution, delivered within 20 minutes of ordering!

Did both cars, it's pretty good stuff, just foamed the car then wash mitted the foam off then rinsed and waxed.

It's great stuff, brought the paint up brilliantly and shifted all the crap of been stuck outside for 3 weeks not being washed no trouble at all.

Youve tempted me, got a link? Ta!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Finally got bored and fancied a non strenuous and therapeutic task to do. Decided to attack the arches of the merc now winter is hopefully over.

About two hours worth of scrubbing, rinsing, de-tarring, scrubbing, rinsing and pleased with how most of it has come up except the alloy front subframe which still looks pitted and grubby like you'd expect a lump of 14 year old bare aluminium to.

Only three left to do 😂
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Looks fab. 8-)

Not a job I could EVER be arsed doing though. :?
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

speedingfine wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:59 pm
16vCento wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:32 pm Bought a snow foam lance and some snow foam from euro car parts.

Youve tempted me, got a link? Ta!
Lance
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/top-tech ... -552999590

Foam
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/auto-fin ... -552997630

It's quite good fun spraying it on as well, proper thick foamy goodness.
mik

Post by mik »

This was bought in 2001 - after I joined the evo forum I think, but I still barely mentioned it as a Diesel didn’t really cut it. Big commute and a new sprog in the house meant there was no more exciting option available. I remember being particularly pleased that the £300 16” 10-spokes looked so much better than the OEM 20v 20-spokes.

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Cheers for the ECP link; my plastic Karcher snow foam bottle is dying (the internal plastic tube has gone brittle and cracked) so I’ve ordered one of those lances. Looks much better, and big enough as well.
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Yeah it holds a full litre of fluid which is decent, I used about 350ml doing both cars (one twice) with a proper thick covering. It seems well made, much better than Karchers own lance for sure.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

The Karcher plastic one holds barely enough to do one car, so I’d been meaning to replace it. Cheers 😃
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Thanks, will put them on Xmas list, anything to make car cleaning easier would be great, this poor attempt took hours today 😁

Ignore the rust please 😉
mik

Post by mik »

I always thought the snow foam was intended as a deep-clean (de-greaser) as the first step in a deeper clean (and re-wax) effort?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

mik wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:56 pm I always thought the snow foam was intended as a deep-clean (de-greaser) as the first step in a deeper clean (and re-wax) effort?
I'm a lazy git and use it as a quick wash. Wet car, foam on, leave for 5 minutes whilst doing other car and then wash off.

I don't even get a mitt out half the time.