Your fleet running reports

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Ascender »

Foz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:18 pm Everything’s for sells.

So if anyone wants a 996 C4S, a Loltus race car or a camper, slide into my DM’s :lol:
That's one hell of a message to just put out there! Everything ok?!
Cheers,

Mike.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Foz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:18 pm Everything’s for sells.

So if anyone wants a 996 C4S, a Loltus race car or a camper, slide into my DM’s :lol:
I do want a 996 C4S but I suspect you will want more money than I can give you if this kind of firesale is happening! What prompted this?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Crippling Mansion costs ?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

MOT time for the Boxster, have brought it forward by a month as the weather in January can often be pretty bad if you like to drive in a straight line. It passed with the only advisories about the nail in a front tyre (never noticed) and that both front tyres were perished and cracked which I did know about and was planning to replace this month anyway.

Great service from Kwik-Fit. Booked and paid online, dropped it off, was told to come back in an hour and it was ready when I got there.

Total mileage in 11 months = 5000.
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:00 pm
Total mileage in 11 months = 5000.
Getting decent use then 8-)

My mileage on the ‘vora is around 4K PA over the last couple of years. I have obviously subconsciously reduced this over previous years FOR TEH PLANET.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Glad we're all onboard with doing our bit for the environment.

Definitely want to get more miles done next year, especially now the work's been done to the car. Best get those front tyres replaced though...
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I planted an apple tree this year so I’m carbon negative for the next 5 years minimum.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jag MOT result:

sidelight bulb, front disks and pads. It was a good job it wasn't the rear as they couldn't get the rear wheel off. I've got a 20mm metal hole saw on order to cut the fucker off. That's the JaguarForums solution and it sounds like a reasonable plan.

Amazingly the DSC UNAVAILABLE warning didn't come up when they were testing it so I didn't need to be dicking about with the wheel in the first place.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Compact now has an mot 8-)

It hadn’t had one since 2019, I did what I thought it would need without going mad on it, can now use it and decide what else to do.

Not a huge fan of how it sits, but they’re proper schnitzer springs, and it rides very nicely so I’m reluctant to throw some coilovers on it, might just have a play and see if I can tweak it a touch.

Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Jimny update - it needs to be MOTed but is sitting in the garage so full of Lego sets I can't actually drive the thing to the MOT place. Thinking I might take it down to Flewy in the new year and get him to service it, do some corrosion protection underneath and MOT it at the same time.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:22 pm Compact now has an mot 8-)

It hadn’t had one since 2019, I did what I thought it would need without going mad on it, can now use it and decide what else to do.

Not a huge fan of how it sits, but they’re proper schnitzer springs, and it rides very nicely so I’m reluctant to throw some coilovers on it, might just have a play and see if I can tweak it a touch.

Do E36 models have spring isolator pads between the spring and body ?

That’s a nice way to raise some cars without playing with springs.

Dave!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yes, spring pads in various thicknesses to fine tune the height. I’m sure I’ve got some spare somewhere :lol:

I’ve put a small spacer between the upper spring cap and topmount at the front as well as some reinforcement plates between topmount and body which has raised it about 5mm which should be enough to make a difference. Be hard to tell for sure until my summer wheels go on which could be a while :lol:
Cheers, Harry
tim

Post by tim »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:33 pm In the cold last week the jag deciced that the traction and stability control was an optional extra that I didn't pay for ... I attempted to replace the faulty wheel speed sensor that caused the issue
Those wheel speed sensors get covered in crap. I cleaned mine when this same issue appeared and it went away. They also throw the same issue if the battery charge is a bit low. Apparently the XJs are very sensitive to battery charge levels.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Why is it so hard to buy a decent single din headunit?

Loads of places / companies still make them but they’re virtually unchanged since the 90s. The majority either look awful, horrible to use or are missing a key component.

I want dab and a cd slot, and something which doesn’t look like it’s out of a cheap Christmas cracker 😂

The only one I really like the look of is the Blaupunkt Bremen, but that’s £400 and still doesn’t have a cd slot.

Almost makes a £250 bmw business CD player and an add on dab module make sense.
Cheers, Harry
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Do you play CDs ?

Matty had a neat single din unit in the 4c for peanuts.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It’s a 1998 car, and as I’m a weirdo I would like a CD player. If I buy music I will buy a cd and rip it myself if I want to.
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:16 am Almost makes a £250 bmw business CD player and an add on dab module make sense.
Becker + DAB module ? The Beckers have an easily accessible line-in connection. And unless prices have gone silly recently they’re a lot less than £250.

And as a bonus you get a rudimentary nav facility too. Handy backup in case your phone dies or has no signal.

Edit: more than I expected, but still less than £250:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115042788621
Last edited by Sundayjumper on Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

My M2 had a very slight pull (more like just a bit of pressure on the steering wheel) to the right, so I've been and had it checked - it was out by a tiny bit in that direction (still well in the green) but they've tweaked it anyway. Hopefully it'll sort it.

Other than that, loving the M2. And so is everyone else - it gets loads of attention for a "normal" car - I've had lots of comments and chats with people about it (several mums and the teachers at nursery have commented!)
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:36 pm
Other than that, loving the M2. And so is everyone else - it gets loads of attention for a "normal" car - I've had lots of comments and chats with people about it (several mums and the teachers at nursery have commented!)
How you doin?
Simon

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_