Your fleet running reports

drcarlos

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by drcarlos »

Done 300 miles this weekend in the L200, so far it's been fine (need the new loom for the stereo as the wheel controls are inop at the moment but it's no biggie), auto is lazy, but it's a truck and it does what it needs to do. Holds a steady cruise nicely. It's is noticably more jiggly, more boaty and less sure footed on the road than the Navara (one of the big attractions of that truck for me), that I can live with if it doesn't keep chucking random large bills at me like the Navara did. So far it's done the 300 miles on less than 50 litres of fuel.
Will have the loom, the spare key cut (and I'll program the alarm fob) all done by next weekend leaving just the parking sensors (although it has a good reverse cam) and caravan wiring socket to do.

Will use it for work next week and will be getting a cover for the Subaru for the winter.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Did we get a new car thread & pics ? Obviously the whole guessing game thing is a bit redundant now !
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:28 pm Did 60 odd miles in the mito on mixed roads with the passenger in position.

Not a single comment on the ride quality which confirms my suspicion that it's not been made and worse.

They're a bit stiffer on bump, and you feel more of the slight imperfections in the road surface, but the car seems to bob about less and sits flatter over crests and feels more suitably damped.

Seem to have passed the boob jiggle meter anyway.
What brand are they?
mik

Post by mik »

Bit cheeky Matt. I expect they are natural. :?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

They're ST coilovers, a separate brand by KW, but not one they're ashamed of,they've got KW branding all over the paperwork.

Basically KW variant 1s but with a cheaper galvanised steel body instead of stainless.

Glad I'm happy with them as I bought some of the fancy adjustable damping adjustable topmount ones about a year ago to go on the e36 at some point :lol:

Boobies are as Mother Nature intended.
Cheers, Harry
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:55 am Image
You've got room for plenty more cars!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:43 pm Did we get a new car thread & pics ? Obviously the whole guessing game thing is a bit redundant now !
Thought it was a bit boring for that, but I’ll pop one up.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

drcarlos wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:43 pm Did we get a new car thread & pics ? Obviously the whole guessing game thing is a bit redundant now !
Thought it was a bit boring for that, but I’ll pop one up.
4x4s and towing are all the rage on here nowadays 8-)
Mike1215

Post by Mike1215 »

Carlos wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:24 pm
Mike1215 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:26 pm
mikeyb wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:49 am

I’d be keen to hear if there’s a tangible difference between the M2 and M2C :)

Yeah, let us know Roberto
The Comp feels much punchier/torquey than my car which feels more normally aspirated with a zingy top end . It doesn't actually feel quicker though.

The newer car is more composed over typical uk A roads which was a surprise as I'm not sure of the suspension changes other than a clearly bigger strut brace.

Aesthetically the front and rear bumpers are more aggressive along with the accompanying rear diffuser and inside there are wing back seats I assume from the M4 instead of the normal front seats which I believe are in all 2 series and certainly identical to the ones in the M140i.

Cheers - I’d love one of these but I’ll have to be content with its older distant cousin unless I win the lottery!
GG.

Post by GG. »

A small milestone reached this morning. Coming up to three years of ownership at the end of October and a little over 11,250 miles covered. Not too bad for a car that is rarely used Mon-Fri.

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well just hearing from my dad how disorganised a company Tesla are. He got some missed calls yesterday from them, the first 2 were some staff wondering where he is as he’s missed his appointment to pick up his car, then another one later on in the evening was notifying him that as he hadn’t paid the invoice they will have to give his car to someone else and move his order down.

Now then, he’s never been sent an invoice or been told this car has arrived for collection. In fact the online Tesla account still hasn’t been updated with a VIN number which means the car hasn’t been made yet, so somewhere along the process their software screwed up and never updated.

Fast forward to this afternoon where he calls to tell them this, keeps getting forwarded to someone else as they’re very embarrassed about it as it turns out they called another customer who picked the same spec car saying they can collect it but now have to revoke that offer. So that’s 2 separate customers they’ve pissed off in 24 hours.

Anyway unlike a normal dealership they’re only open Monday-Friday but they’ve made a special exception (Yeah right) and will do it on Saturday so I’ll give him a lift down.
At this point I really do wonder if the car is even the same spec as what he ordered since Tesla can’t organise a piss up in a brewery.
How about not having a sig at all?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:15 pm Well just hearing from my dad how disorganised a company Tesla are. He got some missed calls yesterday from them, the first 2 were some staff wondering where he is as he’s missed his appointment to pick up his car, then another one later on in the evening was notifying him that as he hadn’t paid the invoice they will have to give his car to someone else and move his order down.

Now then, he’s never been sent an invoice or been told this car has arrived for collection. In fact the online Tesla account still hasn’t been updated with a VIN number which means the car hasn’t been made yet, so somewhere along the process their software screwed up and never updated.

Fast forward to this afternoon where he calls to tell them this, keeps getting forwarded to someone else as they’re very embarrassed about it as it turns out they called another customer who picked the same spec car saying they can collect it but now have to revoke that offer. So that’s 2 separate customers they’ve pissed off in 24 hours.

Anyway unlike a normal dealership they’re only open Monday-Friday but they’ve made a special exception (Yeah right) and will do it on Saturday so I’ll give him a lift down.
At this point I really do wonder if the car is even the same spec as what he ordered since Tesla can’t organise a piss up in a brewery.
Coming from someone who started in the IT industry that's what they call agile, next they'll give you an MVP and keep bringing it back and adding bits to it until it get to the spec you wanted!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:23 pm
Mito Man wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:15 pm Well just hearing from my dad how disorganised a company Tesla are. He got some missed calls yesterday from them, the first 2 were some staff wondering where he is as he’s missed his appointment to pick up his car, then another one later on in the evening was notifying him that as he hadn’t paid the invoice they will have to give his car to someone else and move his order down.

Coming from someone who started in the IT industry that's what they call agile, next they'll give you an MVP and keep bringing it back and adding bits to it until it get to the spec you wanted!
He'll be sent home with the wheels, half the seats, a pack of triple A rechargeable batteries and a promise that the rest will be covered in the next sprint.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:45 pm
drcarlos wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:23 pm

He'll be sent home with the wheels, half the seats, a pack of triple A rechargeable batteries and a promise that the rest will be covered in the next sprint.
Nah, they'll add a seat at a time and claim massive progress is being made!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Which 'dealership' is this Mito?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Some of y'all sound like you need an Agile Cuntsultant. I'm expensive but for you lot, I'll apply a discount.

Obviously in this case Mito's dad should be getting an electric skateboard.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yep, Rev has proved time and time again how good he is at buying cars... oh.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:35 pm Yep, Rev has proved time and time again how good he is at buying cars... oh.
We're not talking about buying cars, Richard. Do try to keep up.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Simon wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:23 pm Which 'dealership' is this Mito?
Dartford ‘service centre’ for collection but he ordered it in Westfield shopping centre :lol:
I believe the fuck up isn’t from there though, they seem to outsource everything to another head office. For example ny dad called the service centre for the invoice but they couldn’t send him one nor could he go there and pay it as you would in any other dealership. He has to get it from the head office and send them a bank transfer. The dealership can’t handle any of the financials!

Edit - also in my mind I thought Tesla would deliver the car to your home as they advertised it as a complete online buying experience as if you’re buying crap off amazon but clearly not.
How about not having a sig at all?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I saw one chap in the States received a front fender for the Tesla he’s ordered, but not yet received.. the ultimate Lego set?
Cheers,

Ian