Your fleet running reports

integrale_evo

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by integrale_evo »

I did one on my e36. Bearing itself wasn't bad. Getting the driveshaft out before I could get to the bearing was probably the single worst job I've ever had to do in all my car maintenance experience :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:23 pmGetting the driveshaft out before I could get to the bearing was probably the single worst job I've ever had to do in all my car maintenance experience :lol:
Sounds familiar !!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

MX5 is in tomorrow for the bilstein coilovers to be fitted and alignment/geo stuff so should drive really well when I collect it.

Rather annoyingly it has developed a squeaky belt which is a bugger as they're both new. Had a faff with it today thinking one of them would need tightening up. After some investigation it turns out the power steering belt is squealing on the pump pulley wheel. A quick test squirt of silicone onto the pulley wheel stopped it immediately and for about 30secs.

Not sure why the belt has started doing this but I'd better order another and get it swapped.

Next on the list is 4 new tyres to replace the Goodyear Ultragrip 7+ winters that are on it at the moment.

Really can't wait to have functioning, upgraded suspension tomorrow as it currently drives like a sack of shit 😂
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Bit of a long shot, but I'm after some 16" wheels for the Up - if anyone has any 4x100/57.1bore wheels, let me know.
McSwede wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:09 pm MX5 is in tomorrow for the bilstein coilovers to be fitted and alignment/geo stuff so should drive really well when I collect it.
Always great to get some new dampers in 8-) Height adjustable? Gonna get slammed, innit?
_andy

Post by _andy »

New arrival:

After 5 years of ownership the Smart finally burnt its bridges with me so I've replaced it with this. It's a 1.33 four cylinder petrol, CVT, 59 plate with 18k miles, and has got pretty much every option on it - Satnav with MP3 playback, climate, leather seats and steering wheel, keyless entry/start, etc. It even has front and rear parking sensors - I think the fronts are aftermarket as I don't believe this was an option from Toyota, just rears. The only thing it doesn't have is a reversing camera.

So far I really like it, the interior is light years better than the Smart, its much quieter and the CVT is infinitely superior to the clunky automated manual in the Smart car, but then a non-indexed derailleur from a 1980's bicycle would be too. It's a fair bit wider, but only a little longer, yet somehow manages to have four seats, although only the one behind the passenger seat is usable by someone with legs.

It does have some battle scars on the front and rear bumpers (I suspect this was down to some senior motoring) which will need doing, the wheels have a little curbing, and 3 of the 4 tyres are the original ones from 2009, and one has a small lump out of it, so they'll need to be changed at some point. Unfortunately they are a slightly weird size (175/60R16) and are a little pricey.

I just need to sell the Smart car now and have already fallen victim of one mouth breather on eBay who pressed Buy It Now then claimed they didn't :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I like that. Shame they didn’t continue making them as they’re more relevant than ever.
How about not having a sig at all?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Ace! I've often wondered about these as a compact way to ferry one or two kids around.
Left over crest; tightens.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Going to rebadge it as an AM Cygnet?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

_andy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:29 am ...mouth breather on eBay who pressed Buy It Now then claimed they didn't :roll:
Don't ever offer BIN when selling a car on ebay. Nothing but pain.

Classified ad is the way to do it.
_andy

Post by _andy »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:31 am I like that. Shame they didn’t continue making them as they’re more relevant than ever.
It seems Toyota did license the basic design to a Chinese company who sell an EV version for China only, not sure if it is related to the Toyota EV version, but it doesn't look too bad, maybe a bit Hello Kitty:

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:34 am Going to rebadge it as an AM Cygnet?
No! There's at least one of these floating around where the FEGF lives, they look quite nice but I checked used prices and they are still fairly expensive...
Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:51 am
_andy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:29 am ...mouth breather on eBay who pressed Buy It Now then claimed they didn't :roll:
Don't ever offer BIN when selling a car on ebay. Nothing but pain.

Classified ad is the way to do it.
Yeah I think this is the way to go.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Crafters has a clean bill of health off my tuna, there’s no records of a timing belt change so that and a new water pump are going on, plus the new towbar and oem rear step so all good to go.

Remap probably this weekend, interestingly it’s mechanically identical to the higher powered version so I am going to jump power by 55% and torque by 30%, which is nice.
_andy

Post by _andy »

Foz wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:52 am Crafters has a clean bill of health off my tuna, there’s no records of a timing belt change so that and a new water pump are going on, plus the new towbar and oem rear step so all good to go.

Remap probably this weekend, interestingly it’s mechanically identical to the higher powered version so I am going to jump power by 55% and torque by 30%, which is nice.
Same with the T5's, my mate took his in for a remap and was told they were all the same engine (except the biturbo hand-grenade) and the map was the only thing VW changed.
Foz

Post by Foz »

_andy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:59 am
Foz wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:52 am Crafters has a clean bill of health off my tuna, there’s no records of a timing belt change so that and a new water pump are going on, plus the new towbar and oem rear step so all good to go.

Same with the T5's, my mate took his in for a remap and was told they were all the same engine (except the biturbo hand-grenade) and the map was the only thing VW changed.
Yeah my pal had one of them, it used more oil than diesel, was traded in against an SUV as there was zero obvious smoke at idle or when driving :lol:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

McSwede wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:09 pm MX5 is in tomorrow for the bilstein coilovers to be fitted and alignment/geo stuff so should drive really well when I collect it.

Rather annoyingly it has developed a squeaky belt which is a bugger as they're both new. Had a faff with it today thinking one of them would need tightening up. After some investigation it turns out the power steering belt is squealing on the pump pulley wheel. A quick test squirt of silicone onto the pulley wheel stopped it immediately and for about 30secs.

Not sure why the belt has started doing this but I'd better order another and get it swapped.

Next on the list is 4 new tyres to replace the Goodyear Ultragrip 7+ winters that are on it at the moment.

Really can't wait to have functioning, upgraded suspension tomorrow as it currently drives like a sack of shit 😂
Collected the MX5 today. Sent the wife home in my car and I went out for a run. I can't believe how good it feels to drive with uprated and functional suspension. What a revelation! I spanked it royally and loved every moment. The added benefit is that even driving it on the door handles you're not really going that fast 😂. On the flip side, in the M140i you're doing very naughty speeds and any potential whoopsie would be quite significant.

What made it even more fun was the winter tyres as they get warm and begin to move around but I still am surprised at how much lateral grip they generate at 185 wide and probably 9yrs old 😂

New tyres will be ordered shortly but firstly I need new rear drop links and a new PAS belt.

Big thanks to Jobbo for providing the Bilstein's. They've been an epic upgrade 👍
John

Post by John »

I've got an mx5 update too, the supercharged one has sold and I've taken an early mk3 in PX. It's got silly wheels (Rota Blitz apparently) and a few other bits. I spent the best part of a morning removing lots of aftermarket chrome trim, it really was everywhere. Also fitted are one of my pet hates, headlight eyebrows, but it looks like I'll have to remove the bumper to get them off. In my opinion it desperately needs the ride height sorting too.

It has half the power of the supercharged one but as Mcswede says above it's nice to be able to rag the tits off a car and not get in too much trouble. I was intending to move it on straight away but I'm quite enjoying using it, especially in the nice weather a week or so ago. The pic is before "operation de-chrome".

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Wheels would probably look alright if it didn't have the Land Rover discovery suspension option fitted :lol:
Cheers, Harry
John

Post by John »

I've promised myself I'm not going to spend anything on it but I can get a new set of Tein coilovers for £360 :D
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

_andy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:29 am New arrival:

Nice! I think they are very cool.

How well built/ robust are the iq?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

John wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:38 pm I've promised myself I'm not going to spend anything on it but I can get a new set of Tein coilovers for £360 :D
The ride height doesn't look right ?