Your fleet running reports

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I think we have a dragging pad on the nsr of the Superb

I'm guessing that it's probably just the sliders that need re-greasing. Has anyone done this on a VAG model with the electronic parking brake? I don't have VCDS or the like so was just thinking I could take one pin out at a time to re-grease, leaving pads etc in place.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Over a year since I sold the 4C and I'm still without a replacement. (sidenote - if you or any of your cool friends want a nice 4C, you can buy my old one! ClickyLink).

I'm also back on the 2v1 car debate now I'm back down to about 6k/year. I like the idea of just having one nice, do-it-all car (like a Giulia QF) but then...it seems pointless to have something decent to commute when I spend most of my time sitting in M6 traffic.

@Jobbo want to go 50/50 on an Emira? :lol: I'm sure I can trust you to write up some watertight paperwork.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ha ha Matt 😄
I’m not sure I’m going to buy an Emira quite yet. The way the prices are visibly sliding and cars are sitting unsold means I am not comfortable committing that much money to something I won’t use all that often.

I am still itchy about an MX5 and am pondering whether I could justify running three cars so buying one and then an Emira as well. I think I could because they don’t have a lot of cross over.

ETA: make that 4 cars - I’m not getting rid of the Jimny.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I took the 360 to work today and used it as an opportunity to finally do a brim-to-brim check on the fuel consumption. It has no OBC so I’ve just been putting in £50 at a time and not paying any attention.

164 miles consumed 28.88 litres of Tesco super, which makes 25.8mpg. I’m quite impressed !
mik

Post by mik »

That’s not bad at all. 😎
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

That’s really good economy - not what I’d expect at all. Well done on your hypermiling 😄
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Not even hypermiling, that was sitting with the other traffic @ 70-80mph. I’ve done the same trip plenty of times in the Bentley and even consciously keeping it under 70 it only just gets 20mpg. Twenty-point-something if you’re lucky. Sounds like splitting hairs over a couple of mpg but at this level it’s a big %. I’m very glad I don’t have to do this trip every day !
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:38 pm I took the 360 to work today and used it as an opportunity to finally do a brim-to-brim check on the fuel consumption. It has no OBC so I’ve just been putting in £50 at a time and not paying any attention.

164 miles consumed 28.88 litres of Tesco super, which makes 25.8mpg. I’m quite impressed !
I averaged 28mpg on a slow stroll to Wales in the one I rented. Even when pushing on and enjoying the engine throughout Wales the average was over 20 in about 5 tanks of fuel.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:44 am Sounds like splitting hairs over a couple of mpg but at this level it’s a big %.
When we rented an E-type I drove there in the VXR8, which averaged about 18mpg with my use. The E-type was running rich, and did 11mpg. The difference in consumption felt huge even though many used to higher mpg would be like “yeah - same same”

Aside: I mentioned this previously, but when we hired the E-Type, I obviously parked the VXR8 at the hire place. When we returned the owner advised that when his next renter (an Aussie bloke who had booked a Healey 3000) arrived, he got extremely excited - he hadn't spotted the HSV on their website, and could he please please please change his booking over to that instead of the Healey. He was apparently gutted when the hire site owner advised it was just a customer car..... :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:35 pm I think we have a dragging pad on the nsr of the Superb

I'm guessing that it's probably just the sliders that need re-greasing. Has anyone done this on a VAG model with the electronic parking brake? I don't have VCDS or the like so was just thinking I could take one pin out at a time to re-grease, leaving pads etc in place.
Ok so apparently it's fine to do the pins without backing the EPB off. But last night the wife updated me that there was now a warning light on the dash so it's maybe not the pins afterall!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Matty wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:11 pm
I'm also back on the 2v1 car debate now I'm back down to about 6k/year. I like the idea of just having one nice, do-it-all car (like a Giulia QF) but then...it seems pointless to have something decent to commute when I spend most of my time sitting in M6 traffic.
I've been bleating about buying something fun for about a year and likewise keep flip flopping on 2v1 and end up doing nothing. This week my wife had a whinge about adding another car to the 4 we have which can be a ball ache as it is with a 3 car driveway!

I've taken this as a green light as long as I move on the i3s so I've ordered an M2 for September delivery.

Its nice to have something to look forward too.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:46 pm I've taken this as a green light as long as I move on the i3s so I've ordered an M2 for September delivery.

CAF 8-)

But electric to petrol? Do you not care about the planet or any of our futures?
mik

Post by mik »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:46 pm [so I've ordered an M2 for September delivery.
Ooh yeah 8-)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:46 pm
Matty wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:11 pm
I've been bleating about buying something fun for about a year and likewise keep flip flopping on 2v1 and end up doing nothing. This week my wife had a whinge about adding another car to the 4 we have which can be a ball ache as it is with a 3 car driveway!

I've taken this as a green light as long as I move on the i3s so I've ordered an M2 for September delivery.

spec? 👍🏻

(I've now warmed to them!)
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Matty wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:48 pm
Carlos wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:46 pm I've taken this as a green light as long as I move on the i3s so I've ordered an M2 for September delivery.

CAF 8-)

But electric to petrol? Do you not care about the planet or any of our futures?
Aren't we always told that those who have gone electric would never go back?

Anyway, respect for taking the fun route.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I've seen a few people go back - a mate at work has gone from a Polestar back to a diesel Jag F Pace. The polestar was just too much hassle on long journeys and wasn't working out any cheaper. He's considering an EV for his mrs though, who does mainly short journeys.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:57 pm spec? 👍🏻

Poverty in Toronto Red with Black Vernasca interior with M accents.

Only option I would have liked was a heated steering wheel but you have to buy the comfort pack at £750 which means you get comfort access which I specifically don't want.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

My first i3 I bought during COVID as I needed a runaround and fancied a try in an EV. I really enjoyed it so ordered the s which upped the fun stakes.

They were bought to try something new and really worked for me so no regrets. My wife's Sportage will likely be replaced with an EV in the next 12 months so we don't have any issues with EV's. Even in the 3 years I've owned one the amount of fast reliable chargers has grown massively and with a 200+ mile range an EV Sportage replacement would be a better fit for 99.9% of our usage.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

That’s a fun choice Carl. The M2 more than the Sportage anyway 😄
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:14 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:57 pm spec? 👍🏻

Poverty in Toronto Red with Black Vernasca interior with M accents.

Only option I would have liked was a heated steering wheel but you have to buy the comfort pack at £750 which means you get comfort access which I specifically don't want.

yep, I think they look decent in red!