Your fleet running reports

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Jobbo »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:10 am
MikeHunt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:51 am
DeskJockey wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:31 pm Dare I ask what the list price was?
The same spec on the Bmw configurator is £89k :shock:
That's some discount!
Would they actually sell you one for £42k or is that based on taking PCP, having something saleable to trade in etc?
Foz

Post by Foz »

Took advantage of the Blackcircles Michelin 15% off deal today, PS4 S tyres being fitted on Wednesday at the house by mobile guy, cheaper than the Costco deal a few weeks ago.

The rears- Potenza RFT’s are nearly done and I get a set of rears thrown in with the car- fronts are good but they are crashy and well, the evo tyre test winners after all, must be the awesome...

225/40/19 & 255/35/19 in case anyone wanting cheaper tyres..

Will buy a compressor and tyre foam kit for the boot..
mik

Post by mik »

Ooh cheers @Foz That’s a great deal. My rear Supersports are down to about 3mm but I’d really like to get PS4S on to match the fronts....
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Cheaper when bought as a Citroen or Pug part £200
Broccers wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:52 pm
Nathan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:46 pm
Broccers wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:50 pm Have a mini issue. Engine light on and stuttering, wont rev. Internet says spark plugs, coils or fuel pump. The low fuel warning light did come on shortly before, 60 miles left in the tank but it suggests its related. Put 5 litres of sul in from a can, still doing it so off to the tuna (cheap garage) to see what they say.
Get the codes read, I'd wager HPFP
Thanks that looks nice and expensive. Not as expensive as having a 540l for 12 months tho :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Real-life Females
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:26 pm Ooh cheers @Foz That’s a great deal. My rear Supersports are down to about 3mm but I’d really like to get PS4S on to match the fronts....
You should do it sooner rather than later mik, so much betterer.

@Nathan I'm hoping its a coil but will report back.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Starter motor today. This time it really was an inlet manifold out job :) There’s the starter, at the back, under the fuel rail:

062C8658-696A-4027-9629-F88E07FED006.jpeg
062C8658-696A-4027-9629-F88E07FED006.jpeg (141.76 KiB) Viewed 1392 times
Last edited by Sundayjumper on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:54 pm Starter motor today. This time it really was an inlet manifold out job :) There’s the starter, at the back, under the fuel rail:

062C8658-696A-4027-9629-F88E07FED006.jpeg
Boo hoo. 20min job max. Stop moaning 😂😂

(Nicely packaged)
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:11 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:51 am

The same spec on the Bmw configurator is £89k :shock:
That's some discount!
Would they actually sell you one for £42k or is that based on taking PCP, having something saleable to trade in etc?
I didn’t discuss cash as I prefer to have it in the bank and 2.9 apr isn’t too bad. No reason not to pay off the finance once it’s driven away. Seems that next month with the new reg is busier for dealers so getting targets in for feb was a priority.
mik

Post by mik »

Broccers wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:08 pm
mik wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:26 pm Ooh cheers @Foz That’s a great deal. My rear Supersports are down to about 3mm but I’d really like to get PS4S on to match the fronts....
You should do it sooner rather than later mik, so much betterer.
Two ordered for fitment in a month. Will give me a chance to enjoy shaving a bit more off of the Supersports. 8-)
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

MikeHunt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:09 pm

That's some discount!
I didn’t discuss cash as I prefer to have it in the bank and 2.9 apr isn’t too bad. No reason not to pay off the finance once it’s driven away. Seems that next month with the new reg is busier for dealers so getting targets in for feb was a priority.
My understanding is as long as youre outside of the cooling off period the dealer/finance contribution is yours. Therefore you can settle after 14 or 28 days whatever the terms say. With my dad he paid 1 payment and settled.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Gave the e36 a wash and moved it, needs to be mobile if I’m ripping the Metroid to bits.

Would only run on 5 cylinders so removed the coil cover and started a process of elimination by unplugging the coils one by one.

Handily it turns out it was cylinder 1 :lol:

Removed that and the spring which presses the top of the sparkplug was all furred up. Stuck a fine wire brush on a dremel down it for a bit and a little squirt of wd40. Back together and running perfectly.

Handbrake is binding so that will probably be the next job.
Cheers, Harry
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Spent 2 hours buggering about to get the pedal back in the TT. The spring part was easy, I really struggled to get the clip over the clutch rod though and in the end took the drivers seat out and laid upside down. After greasing the bushes it feels nice and smooth.

When the lower dash was off I saw some non factory looking wires and someone with a cable tie fetish he installed a Perot kit at some point. So cut all them away and removed that. It was a right hodge piece in there.

Now I can’t get one of the radio removal keys out though :lol:

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm Spent 2 hours buggering about to get the pedal back in the TT. The spring part was easy, I really struggled to get the clip over the clutch rod though and in the end took the drivers seat out and laid upside down. After greasing the bushes it feels nice and smooth.
was that the white plastic clip that went over the end of the rod? The one that just would not go back in its place with the rod in it?!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Yep, I could t get the clip over the rod, then decided I needed to fit it to the pedal first, then again trying on the rod, then thought I was having a brain fart and finally when I was upside down, I squeezed really hard and it went on. There must be a technique as I had to squeeze ridiculously hard and thought I’d break it.

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah - it's all coming back to me! It was 8 or 9 years ago!
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Bought a 240v 850watt inverter for the Transit to charge the drill batteries in between sites last week. Honestly don't know why I haven't bothered before as it's brilliant. Probably due to cost, as they seem really cheap now. I paid just over £30.00 for mine and it has a 3 year warranty too. Even has enough grunt to power the corded drill and grinder.

Was tempted to get a 4000w one to power the heat gun, but I wouldn't trust it not to fry the old Transits electrical system!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Carlos wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:21 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:09 pm
My understanding is as long as youre outside of the cooling off period the dealer/finance contribution is yours. Therefore you can settle after 14 or 28 days whatever the terms say. With my dad he paid 1 payment and settled.
I was imagining that having a year-old 540i to trade in gives them excellent retail stock, so the discount may not be as big for others. Great deal though. Puts 4yr old 740d prices into context.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:49 am I was imagining that having a year-old 540i to trade in gives them excellent retail stock, so the discount may not be as big for others. Great deal though. Puts 4yr old 740d prices into context.
Maybe, but it seems that they would be more excited about a high spec 530d than the 540i.

They were pushing the x5/x7 offers too, but I seem to be the exception to the rule as I much prefer a saloon/estate over an SUV and dont get me started on the x4/x6.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Well I have two faults on the new car. Wiper comes on with the ignition, needs a new motor apparently as some sort of park setting inside is bust so it doesn't know where to sit on the windscreen. I spent some time taking out the trim just now and found the part number, different to the one that eBay said it was, albeit only by a few digits so have ordered up a second hand one as it was the only one I found wit the exact match.

Not looking forward to pulling the spindle through the rear screen when it arrives.

Other fault is the wing mirror LED indicators have stopped working. I am reasonably sure they did work but I had folded the mirrors a few times and seemingly the wiring is a weak point so going to watch more YouTube to see how to remove the casing as I REALLY do not want to break the glass as I skelped a Saab anti dazzle mirror once and the glass was almost £300!
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

JonMad wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:45 pm One rounded off countersunk bolt on my sump guard continues to not budge. The hammered in torx bit is only gripping turning clockwise, which doesn't exactly help. Impact wrench is just spinning it (although not jumping out). Tried a little bit of a heat gun, a couple of minutes a few times on low power (300deg, rather than 560) to see if that would help, but it didn't. Maybe I didn't apply enough of that, I have no idea.

Might have to turn to a professional.
Thanks to Jon for this post and everyone who replied a while back, I spent the weekend battling the rear pair of bolts that hold the passenger seat in in the Mercedes, using some of your tips. Unfortunately they've rusted solid due to the water leak and still haven't moved!

Borrowed both types of impact driver and a grinder to put a slot in, neither worked. Now borrowing a stud extractor set from work, but the access is shit, so can't drill into the bolt at the necessary angle.

Not sure where to go from here - OV9 hive mind, does this look like something you could grind the head off, remove the seat, then drill and remove the remaining thread?

Last edited by speedingfine on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.