Your fleet running reports

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Broccers wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:17 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:58 pm I still don't get it, is this their insurance company or the actual people who reversed into your bumper?
I think I've already said it's the insurance company.

The last time someone backed into my car was the m coupe. Needed a new bonnet. I got to choose who fixed it too. We will see.
You still get to choose. Don't deal direct with their insurer (why do people ever do thi?). Just deal with your own insurer and tell them where it's going. Take it where you want to and give them your insurance details.

You don't need to do anything else.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Hates_ wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:47 pm Had a fun hour at Jon Seal Sportscars. Ended up putting a deposit down on the blue one. Also got to poke around the GT3RS, that is a car to die for.

A small light petrol powered car looks like quite a sensible choice at the moment what with fuel prices. I never thought the Elise would ever drop into the sensible transport bracket!
I like blue cars (nice to see in a sea of grey, white and black cars) and I like Elise's, nice choice.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:36 am
Broccers wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:17 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:58 pm I still don't get it, is this their insurance company or the actual people who reversed into your bumper?
I think I've already said it's the insurance company.

The last time someone backed into my car was the m coupe. Needed a new bonnet. I got to choose who fixed it too. We will see.
You still get to choose. Don't deal direct with their insurer (why do people ever do thi?). Just deal with your own insurer and tell them where it's going. Take it where you want to and give them your insurance details.

You don't need to do anything else.
My mates eldest reversed into his wifes 3 month old Q3 and he took the insurance bribe of a courtesy car to got via their approved repairer. Total nightmare, the bumper was internally busted and needed replacing (he priced it with a decent repair place at nearly 2k) and they patched it up and sprayed it, missed off trim clips and badly fitted it. It went back at least 3 times as he rejected it. I daren't ask him how it ended as he was still furious as it was back in the last time we spoke and was kicking himself for not taking the decent repair place route.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

You all worry too much :D

Repairs authorised in full, no quibbles. Dealing direct with garage - booked in on tuesday. I'm away for a few days next week so will try and get a car for monday.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:22 am My mates eldest reversed into his wifes 3 month old Q3 and he took the insurance bribe of a courtesy car to got via their approved repairer. Total nightmare, the bumper was internally busted and needed replacing (he priced it with a decent repair place at nearly 2k) and they patched it up and sprayed it, missed off trim clips and badly fitted it. It went back at least 3 times as he rejected it. I daren't ask him how it ended as he was still furious as it was back in the last time we spoke and was kicking himself for not taking the decent repair place route.
Exactly

It's just not worth the hassle. We took the wife's 125i straight to the local BMW bodyshop when someone hit the back of her. The other party's insurer tried to call bullshit on the quote, so sent a claims authoriser to take a look. BMW guys showed him everything that needed doing - the issue being that the back box had hit the recessed boot floor and that needed pulling, all of which wasn't visible until you stripped a lot of it back. Funnily enough it got signed off.

Repair job was perfect, the BMW bodywork warranty remained intact, this helped massively with the resale. Eeveryone apart fromt he 3rd party insurer was happy.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Broccers wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:32 am You all worry too much :D

Repairs authorised in full, no quibbles. Dealing direct with garage - booked in on tuesday. I'm away for a few days next week so will try and get a car for monday.
Yeah, yeah most on here would always do it the correct way too. Doesn't stop us telling the old anecdotes though does it :lol: .

Hope the repair is a good one.

Carl.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

An excellent Targa Rally on Sunday at the Bramley MOD Training Area in Hampshire, in amusingly slippery conditions. My brother in law jumped into the co-driver seat as @Sundayjumper was otherwise engaged. We hit no cones (go me!) and didn't go the wrong way at any time (go him!). I had a fun excursion through the undergrowth after a handbrake turn round a cone on the penultimate test. I thought we were going to get stuck in the ditch on the left hand side but I kept my foot in and we pulled ourselves out and continued on our way. No going straight into a ditch like last time I was here two years ago (see sig).
The 2022 Bramley Targa 31 copy.jpg
The 2022 Bramley Targa 31 copy.jpg (233.1 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
The 2022 Bramley Targa 24 copy.jpg
The 2022 Bramley Targa 24 copy.jpg (315.4 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Getting ready for some handbrake action.
The 2022 Bramley Targa 10 copy.jpg
The 2022 Bramley Targa 10 copy.jpg (300.52 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Mid table finish and no trophy on this occasion but it didn't matter.
Great to do a Targa again. Steve, we need to do some of those further afield like we promised ourselves last year.
Left over crest; tightens.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Got my shocks back from the local garage with the springs fitted. He asked if £10 was ok for doing it. Errr, of course it is! That's half the price of the spring compressors I ordered which don't compress the springs enough :lol:

Just waiting on some new fittings from Cotswold to put it all back together.

Have to say I'm surprised at the general state of the likes of the pinch bolts and the top mounts etc. They're only 20k miles old and they look worse off than the Endeavour. Many of the other parts I had replaced at the same time don't look anywhere near as bad, such as control arms and their bolts, track rod ends, even the shocks themselves.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:04 pm
Broccers wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:32 am You all worry too much :D

Yeah, yeah most on here would always do it the correct way too. Doesn't stop us telling the old anecdotes though does it :lol: .

Hope the repair is a good one.

Carl.
Thanks. The place its going has a car park full of porsches so will be a good job. 8-)
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Hates_ wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:47 pm Had a fun hour at Jon Seal Sportscars. Ended up putting a deposit down on the blue one. Also got to poke around the GT3RS, that is a car to die for.
Awesome 8-) Great place to stick your cash for the summer, especially given fuel prices. BenB has also bought an Elise recently, so it seems they're the car to buy at the moment.

I noticed Oakmere had a 2002 Sports Tourer up for sale for £23k though :shock: :shock: car prices are mental!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

@Hates_- That's a stunning Elise, good work!

@JonMad- That looks like an absolute blast. I didn't even know that was a thing.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:42 am @Hates_- That's a stunning Elise, good work!
It is indeed - I have a model one which was given to me when I left a previous job in exactly that spec and colour. It was intended to remind me of my old S2 Elise which was quartz silver and had the original 6-spoke wheels :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

My friend's S1 is still one of those cars I'll never forget how it drove... sounded... and even smelled! Definitely on my list to own one day.
Cheers,

Mike.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:26 pm The odd coloured centres need sorting, but other than that, the wheels suit it.
They’re not odd, I colour coded them with a fade in as a nod to the mid 90s max power era cars, just to try a bit of a twist on them.

It’s fairly subtle in the flesh unless they hit direct sunlight.

Bmw themselves used to offer colour coded throwing star covers 😀

I’m still not 100% convinced myself, but it’s easy enough to paint them black if I ever want to.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Have you got centre caps to try?
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:30 am Have you got centre caps to try?
I expect @integrale_evo ’s response will be something like “yes, five sets” :lol:

Always really liked the turbines. Remember being sat at traffic lights beside a parked M5 when they were current - unaware that they were aero covers and thinking they looked great, but being completely bemused by the wheel design and how they might be cast…. :oops:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I have, two sets, oddly one set are metal, the other plastic. But I’m not a massive fan, I don’t like how the badge sits, I think they’d look better as a plain flat cap.

Something for the project list if I ever get a 3D printer :)

I think they look more aggressive and less hubcap without the centres
Cheers, Harry
tim

Post by tim »

Jagwar Update

It seems telling the garage I'm having it back done or not, and someone else can finish it, has got their attention. They're bringing someone in to do the last bit of fabrication and I'm promised it back 2 weeks from today. Will not hold breath. But I will have it back 2 weeks today regardless.

Rover Crapdate

So I replaced the cam position sensor and it immediately told me it also needed a coilpack. Arse. Anyway one Rimmer Bros delivery later and it's now running happily parping away and embarassing my children again. Which is nice.

BMW R1250RT Shock News

So whilst my Rover was fucked over the last week I had to take to the bike for errands and small shopping trips, which is no hardship, except when I went to refuel it and the keyless ride refused to release it's grip on the fuel filler cap. So that was fun in a busy Tesco filling station. I had to abandon and got home on fumes. Something is up with it - it should release when the ignition goes off, but it mostly doesn't. Many central lock/unlocks (yes I have central locking on a motorbike, don't @ me) will eventually release it, then it won't lock again until some unspecified point and the whole circus starts again.

I need to use it this weekend for RoSPA business, but will probably have BMW Emergency Services hoik it off to my preferred dealer early next week for a warranty fix. It needs a service anyway.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

The Van has done 1400 miles, used no oil or water and did a calculated 41.8mpg on the last tank.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-) & :o