Your fleet running reports

Explosive Newt

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Explosive Newt »

MikeHunt wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:19 pm I did a wbac quote on my 740d, its gone up in value by almost 10k in 3 months, I am seriously tempted to sell it.

Thas £3k/month rent for sitting on my drive :lol:
Have you just had it MOTed? I’ve noticed a glitch in the WBAC system whereby cars seem to drop sharply in value as they get closer to the MOT date, presumably their algorithm weights it as a marker of how well it’s running?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Galaxy rolled over 97k an hour ago, and here we are...

Temp went right to the top of the scale and the ECU cut performance. Obviously happened in a place that I couldn't stop safely so limped it along until I found somewhere.

Bloody scary with restricted performance, never tried it before. Could barely get the car to move in first gear.

Fans aren't kicking in at all, so wonder if the controller has gone again. You apparently can't buy a controller by itself, but need the whole unit (fans, etc.), which is nearly a grand. Quite annoying.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:54 pm Galaxy rolled over 97k an hour ago, and here we are...

Temp went right to the top of the scale and the ECU cut performance. Obviously happened in a place that I couldn't stop safely so limped it along until I found somewhere.

Bloody scary with restricted performance, never tried it before. Could barely get the car to move in first gear.

Fans aren't kicking in at all, so wonder if the controller has gone again. You apparently can't buy a controller by itself, but need the whole unit (fans, etc.), which is nearly a grand. Quite annoying.
If it doesn’t bring a light up on the dash and the fan set-up really is that much then Revotec do really nice stand-alone fan kits. I fitted one to the Defender and it works amazingly well.

Dave!
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:54 pm Galaxy rolled over 97k an hour ago, and here we are...

Nightmare, overheating is the worst, so much potential for big bills.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:56 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:19 pm I did a wbac quote on my 740d, its gone up in value by almost 10k in 3 months, I am seriously tempted to sell it.

Have you just had it MOTed? I’ve noticed a glitch in the WBAC system whereby cars seem to drop sharply in value as they get closer to the MOT date, presumably their algorithm weights it as a marker of how well it’s running?
No, its not due an MOT until 2023, quite an interesting system to look at that as presumably a service is also due around the anniversary of the cars registration.

Apparently, they dont usually buy cars unless you have owned them for 3 months.

Did someone say that there is an alternative to WBAC?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

MikeHunt wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:16 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:56 pm

No, its not due an MOT until 2023, quite an interesting system to look at that as presumably a service is also due around the anniversary of the cars registration.

Apparently, they dont usually buy cars unless you have owned them for 3 months.

Did someone say that there is an alternative to WBAC?
A mate of mine went with Motordough and was very impressed. You send more details and pictures up front but the price they quote you is price they pay you, no adjustments following the visit. And they collect the car from you.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Arnold Clark are doing a WBAC service and you get an extra 500 quid at the minute with a voucher code.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Thanks, Arnold Clarke and Evans Halsall are both offering another £1500 more than WBAC.

I wasn’t planning to flip the car but if i do, it’s basically paid me £100/day “rent” to sit on the driveway.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Can't think of any modern Ford I'd buy.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:41 am
Matty wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:30 pm
mik wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:17 pmWell? Is it?
Unfortnately, no - but not a million miles off...
Maserati Ghibli diesel?
You know I did consider a Maserati Granturismo. My research only took me as far as the running costs...but until then I was totally onboard with buying one.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

So requesting a finance settlement triggers an army of bmw salesmen, if the 740d does go it will not be leaving any empty space in the driveway. :D
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Jag finally back after a three week saga of repair. Even when I got there it still wasn't ready (they had forgotten to screw the numberplate on!). Complained it had taken so long and got 20% off.

Braking is a lot smoother now at least.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Explosive Newt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:24 pm Jag finally back after a three week saga of repair. Even when I got there it still wasn't ready (they had forgotten to screw the numberplate on!). Complained it had taken so long and got 20% off.

How’s the bodywork?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

jamcg wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:32 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:24 pm Jag finally back after a three week saga of repair. Even when I got there it still wasn't ready (they had forgotten to screw the numberplate on!). Complained it had taken so long and got 20% off.

How’s the bodywork?
They have mostly done a nice job, the paint match is actually a much better one with the body than the bumper which had previously been there, so that’s a win at least! New chrome grille looking shiny too.

Although there is a chunk missing from the numberplate.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

After I slipped on a step and elbowed the crease in the rear wing of the ML it has bugged me. The passenger side is blemish free so a Polish dent guru is doing it as we speak. I’m excited as to the results as some of the pics I’ve seen are quite impressive.

Dave!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Puncture city here. Longstanding slow leak from nsf of Cayenne is getting faster and has been joined by the nsr. Also a nail right in the centre of the nsr on the MINI.

The tyres on the MINI are ancient P-Zero runflats so I'm going to splash out and get a full set of new non-runflats for it. Sensible size so not too spendy.

The tyres on the Cayenne, by coincidence, are also P-Zero, but not runflats and in decent condition. And being a rather large 295/35/21 all round the price of new tyres is non-trivial :?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Took delivery of some new cleaning kit today - some fallout remover and a new foam gun. Shame it turns out I'd binned my foam :lol:

Anyway, wanted to try out the fallout remover (autoglym) so washed the Superb and set about it. Fairly sure I used too much - it said to use liberally but I'm sure I got through half a bottle :lol: Anyone got any pointers on this stuff?

Anyway, I got carried away and then decided to clay it. Which obvs then meant I might as well wax it - the trusty old Collinite 915 I've had for probably 10yrs or so. I love it because it sets hard as nails which is great as it's fairly dusty here at thr no with building works next door. Its just a fecker if you don't buff it off before it sets completely.

Whilst it looks pretty good, there's some odd streaks on the bonnet. I actually clayed it twice and gave it another wash but they won't shift. No idea what it is and it probably needs polishing out. No other panels like it. Not sure you can see it from this pic but it almost looks like someone's dragged their fingers through a dusty bonnet.

We had it ceramic coated when new (by a proper detailed not the dealer) so I'm wondering if maybe it's deteriorated in some way?

At least it looks shiny from a distance

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If those are new streaks then that's just some wax you didn't fully remove which has now cured. You'll just need to polish it to remove it and wax that section again. Then again your car isn't that old and if you've had it professionally coated the coating should last close to the 5 year mark with the amateur off the shelf stuff lasting 2 years. At which point you can maintain some of them with specific top ups but you shouldn't really wax over them.
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:42 pm If those are new streaks then that's just some wax you didn't fully remove which has now cured. You'll just need to polish it to remove it and wax that section again. Then again your car isn't that old and if you've had it professionally coated the coating should last close to the 5 year mark with the amateur off the shelf stuff lasting 2 years. At which point you can maintain some of them with specific top ups but you shouldn't really wax over them.
The streaks were there before the wax. I actually thought it was clay residue as I just clayed it with watern hence why I re-clayed it. But to be the only panel I don't think that's the case and there was no change after the 2nd clay. I also now seem to recall I've seen these before, but it's been a bloody long time since it was last properly cleaned. It was Gyeon ceramic coating it had
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

The Landy went back into the booth for primer yesterday. Paint next week.
319617A5-10AD-45BE-9752-B35483DCAF3D.jpeg
319617A5-10AD-45BE-9752-B35483DCAF3D.jpeg (22.78 KiB) Viewed 882 times
843DCC2E-3D78-43EB-B87F-4B421BAAD2A3.jpeg
843DCC2E-3D78-43EB-B87F-4B421BAAD2A3.jpeg (18.21 KiB) Viewed 882 times
0D7AD703-838A-410F-9853-94646EC8324C.jpeg
0D7AD703-838A-410F-9853-94646EC8324C.jpeg (17 KiB) Viewed 882 times