Your fleet running reports

Mito Man

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Mito Man »

That still wouldn’t have worked though as you can’t just extend the time. Correct procedure is to duct tape a block of wood of the thickness of a disc and 2 pads, which is again one of those things you pick up with experience.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Bloody Elon is a cowboy.
The Model 3 brakes always felt a bit shit, but upon changing the front pads I stumbled across why this car may have even worse brakes than average.
To give some background the brakes on this car never wore evenly, and during one recall when this was mentioned the service centre said it’s just through lack of use and to brake harder.
You can see from the disc how the pads eventually weren’t even contacting the disc.

And upon removing the caliper I was greeted with this shit show
Left pad wasn’t fitted correctly from the factory.
You can see the spring on the bottom right isn’t sitting in its correct location.

Also this goes a long way to explain the piss poor range the car gets.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Bentley provisionally sold, to be collected some time next week.

The Cayenne needs a scrub up & a new MOT, then that can go up for sale too.

I'm behaving myself at the moment and waiting until both are gone before I buy anything new.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:43 pm Bentley provisionally sold, to be collected some time next week.

I'm behaving myself at the moment and waiting until both are gone before I buy anything new.
Got your eyes set on anything in particular, or are you waiting for the gods of eBay and Half Decent Wine to get together and make you regret your life choices?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:43 pm Bentley provisionally sold, to be collected some time next week.

Will that leave you without a family wafter?
Left over crest; tightens.
mik

Post by mik »

Beany wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:20 pm

Got your eyes set on anything in particular
viewtopic.php?t=9255&start=2440
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Indeed. Currently obsessing with specs of L405 Range Rovers. In theory one of those would cover the roles of both Cayenne & Bentley.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:33 pm Indeed. Currently obsessing with specs of L405 Range Rovers. In theory one of those would cover the roles of both Cayenne & Bentley.
@GG.

In an unrelated topic, did you see that JLR are now offering up to £150pcm insurance contribution if you have one of the affected vehicles? Probably plenty of caveats to prevent too many people being eligible but worth a look!

ETA: and surely the Bentayga is the (ugly) love-child of a C and a B!! :D
Cheers,

Ian
GG.

Post by GG. »

IanF wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:36 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:33 pm Indeed. Currently obsessing with specs of L405 Range Rovers. In theory one of those would cover the roles of both Cayenne & Bentley.
@GG.

In an unrelated topic, did you see that JLR are now offering up to £150pcm insurance contribution if you have one of the affected vehicles? Probably plenty of caveats to prevent too many people being eligible but worth a look!

ETA: and surely the Bentayga is the (ugly) love-child of a C and a B!! :D
Yes but only for new cars unfortunately. I also re-did a quote for mine and the £5.5k insurance option has now disappeared and the cheapest is £7.5k. To make it even worse, I did a hypothetical rural address in Oxfordshire, parked on the drive and it was still £2,200 so I think this is the year it and I will be parting ways unless something dramatic happens in the insurance market.

Everything a bit in flux at the moment as my son will be sitting an entrance exam for a prep school later in the year so difficult to plan until we know the outcome of that - if he gets in I'll probably chop the RR in and the Smart, buy my wife something more suitable for a school run in the countryside (she like the Volvo XC40 and Macans) and pay off some of the finance on the 911.
GG.

Post by GG. »

If you're still looking at the end of the year let's stay in touch as mine may be heading for pastures new. It's a lovely spec (SDV8, Vogue SE, opening pan roof, deployable tow bar), serviced by JLR and under warranty. Probably worth high 30s currently but I'd rather sell it to you than a randomer.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:20 pm Got your eyes set on anything in particular, or are you waiting for the gods of eBay and Half Decent Wine to get together and make you regret your life choices?
This is also quite possible 😂 A newer Cayenne or a Merc GL are on the reserve list. There’s a box of Co-op Pinot Grigio in the fridge. Check back with me about 11pm tonight…..
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 pm
Beany wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:20 pm Got your eyes set on anything in particular, or are you waiting for the gods of eBay and Half Decent Wine to get together and make you regret your life choices?
This is also quite possible 😂 A newer Cayenne or a Merc GL are on the reserve list. There’s a box of Co-op Pinot Grigio in the fridge. Check back with me about 11pm tonight…..
I've seen what you're like on the plonk.

Also, Pinot Grigio? Not a full bodied red? I'm popping out to get a Saint-Emillion Grand Cru shortly....
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

This weather needs a cold drink, red is more of a winter thing for me.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

Take someone with you when you go to the Vogue Centre. I went to look at an L322 and I’m pretty sure it was a pikey site….

Ironically I bought an L322 elsewhere and found out it had previously been sold by the Vogue Centre 😂
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just had a look and wanted to see what their cheapest car is
https://www.thevoguecentre.co.uk/used- ... 8249087817
“ with cars that are over 15 years old and/or over 140,000 miles we unable to offer any returns, warranty or guarantee”
Hmm, wonder what the Consumer Rights Act will say to that?
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

I wonder if they put ‘spares and repairs’ on the sales invoice?!
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Mito Man wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:10 pm Just had a look and wanted to see what their cheapest car is
https://www.thevoguecentre.co.uk/used- ... 8249087817
“ with cars that are over 15 years old and/or over 140,000 miles we unable to offer any returns, warranty or guarantee”
Hmm, wonder what the Consumer Rights Act will say to that?
Exactly. Although given that one is essentially listed as a non-runner there’s going to be very few reasons that you would go back to them. Unless you got home home and found it was a wheelbarrow not a Range Rover
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

BTW I love how tempting a £1450 Range Rover is 😂
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

GG. wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm If you're still looking at the end of the year let's stay in touch as mine may be heading for pastures new. It's a lovely spec (SDV8, Vogue SE, opening pan roof, deployable tow bar), serviced by JLR and under warranty. Probably worth high 30s currently but I'd rather sell it to you than a randomer.
Thanks, but I think you overestimate my wealth :D Right now I'm thinking along the lines of a 2014 for <£20k, and there's a fair few crop up for £15k with higher miles. I need to look at some; see if the £15k ones are total dogs. Actually, the very first one I posted on here, now sold, was exactly that, and local. Slightly kicking myself now.

It's only just occurred to me - belm - is there a decent RR forum ? Classifieds there might be a good place to look. Although I can imagine RR forums going one of two ways - classic RR fans complaining about absolutely everything after 1995, or full of the kind of people that buy white RR Sports.
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:13 am
It's only just occurred to me - belm - is there a decent RR forum ? Classifieds there might be a good place to look.
Never used it, but it’s a sister forum to the Disco3/4 which I did use and it was very good informative with people happy to take the time to explain shizzle.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/