Your fleet running reports

GG.

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by GG. »

Coaster1 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:37 pm Car’s back after having its dampers rebuilt, serviced, MOT’d, new tyres etc amongst other things.....
Everything go well at 9e?

Car has just pinged me with a notification for a service in the next 29 days and needs an MOT too so I will be booking myself in to them shortly.

Plus it needs a new set of boots and we're (hopefully - covid permitting) off up to the west coast of Scotland with friends in the October half term so needs to be done now. Going to be an expensive month...
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

GG. wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 pm
Coaster1 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:37 pm Car’s back after having its dampers rebuilt, serviced, MOT’d, new tyres etc amongst other things.....
Everything go well at 9e?

Car has just pinged me with a notification for a service in the next 29 days and needs an MOT too so I will be booking myself in to them shortly.
Yeah all good. Fixed price minor service, it’s all the ‘extras’ that got expensive :oops: :P :twisted:
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I have discovered a 6 disc CD changer in the boot of the Jaaaaag. I've never had one of them before. :lol: I doubt I'll use it but I've burned some discs and put them in it.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Don’t know if anyone can help. Looking at getting a basic stick welder, notice that most require a 16 amp supply. Have a generator with a 16 amp output but I know I’ll be too lazy to drag it out each time. If not using a very high amount of amps a normal socket should be fine in theory?
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Depends on the welder tbh, I thought most arc welders were pretty simple and didn’t actually use a huge amount of current?

My r-tec mig came with no plug and they give you the option to buy a normal one or a 16a supply, but if you use a standard 13a you can’t use the highest setting.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m just looking at the manuals for the various ones on machine mart - the really basic ones are pre-wired which would suffice for 99% of things but I’ve just snapped the drawbar off a tractor trailer which is pretty chunky :lol:
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Well the Mini is on its way, its not getting used now and its in the way.

So I've part ex'd it for a much smaller Discovery 3 obviously 😂

It has a couple of issues with it but nothing drastic, HSE, Harman Kardon, front and rear heated seats, HID lights, big dual sunroofs, seems a good spec.

Has had cambelt done recently, 3 zone climate all works.

Needs a turbo actuator and a compressor.

What have i done 😂
mik

Post by mik »

Disco3 are awesome.

Use the height adjust regularly to avoid the sensor issues. (We always dropped our 3 and 4 to access height when we parked)
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

16vCento wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Needs a turbo actuator and a compressor.

What have i done 😂
How are you sure its not a seized turbo ?
Real-life Females
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 pm Don’t know if anyone can help. Looking at getting a basic stick welder, notice that most require a 16 amp supply. Have a generator with a 16 amp output but I know I’ll be too lazy to drag it out each time. If not using a very high amount of amps a normal socket should be fine in theory?
I have a stick welder (also have a smaller mig too). It's an inverter type (which should be the only type you consider as it gives a smoother weld with less spatter) which will run up to 130amps (and needs a 16 amp supply for this) but I have never needed to use it at this power. It quite happily welded quite thick steel on the trailer drawbar jockey wheel mount that I repaired at 110amps (about the limit of the 13 amp supply). It is fitted with a 16amp plug but I just got a 13amp IEC and replaced the IEC with a 16amp connector to make an adaptor lead. That way If I ever need it I can use it on 16amp as I also have a genny with a 16amp output.
I used it this weekend to weld the exhaust flange up on the downpipe I bought for my Subaru (5mm plate and 1.6mm stainless rods and used about 95 amps for this), it worked a treat, not pretty but effective and once ground back it's fine because it's hidden.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Cheers, sounds ideal then. I’ll get a 16 amp and 13 amps should suffice for almost everything as I hoped.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 pm
And that's how the car acquired the nickname "Buck".
Banal Vapid Platitudes
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Totally unplanned at this time but I'd been looking for a nicer interior for the Subaru, either an STi one (but I was deeply unsure of the black/blue combo with my silver car and the fact i'd have to get 2 interiors as the only STi wagon was a bugeye so it would have been a pain) or one from the fairly rare SL (sunroof and Leather) model.
I'd been checking ebay regularly but they either come up with a shagged drivers seat, as a Blob (different doors cards) or mega $$$$. Found a new listing today incorrectly listed as Blob and bagged it for just over £200, it comes with everything I need including the leather centre armrest and the drivers seat is only slightly worn (lost a bit of colour) on the bolster which is totally repairable.
It should be here by Thursday so that will be Saturday's job and while I'm there I'll check to see if I have wiring looms fitted for seat heaters as I might as well wire them in up (just need a couple of switches) if they are there.
Handily this will be paid for by the sale of the old interior and my 2 old cats that I took off and stored (chucked behind my garage) when I upgraded exhaust.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Merc now has two new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres on the front. I'll replace the rear Pirelli PZeros with the same but that won't be until next year; it isn't wearing them down quickly just sitting on the motorway.
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's like you're copying me every day now. That is also what I have on the front of the Merc. Backs are still ditchfinders I think.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Visited a paint shop today to talk about the Merc.

There was a DB4 GT race car, 930 Turbo and enough e-types to become a bit humdrum. It will be in good hands but the bill will be over 10k for a bare metal respray.

I can’t wait as the finish on the 930 Turbo which essentially had the same work as I want done to mine was beautiful. Wet sanded and no masking tape, everything removes from the body etc.

They will hand form the repair sections etc.

Just need to finalise a quote and then eat spaghetti for a few months.

Dave
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:29 pm Visited a paint shop today to talk about the Merc.

There was a DB4 GT race car, 930 Turbo and enough e-types to become a bit humdrum. It will be in good hands but the bill will be over 10k for a bare metal respray.

I can’t wait as the finish on the 930 Turbo which essentially had the same work as I want done to mine was beautiful. Wet sanded and no masking tape, everything removes from the body etc.

They will hand form the repair sections etc.

Just need to finalise a quote and then eat spaghetti for a few months.

Dave
are you going fully original?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:54 pm It's like you're copying me every day now. That is also what I have on the front of the Merc. Backs are still ditchfinders I think.
Blimey, it’s like we share a name or something... hang on... 🤔😄
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rich B wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:14 pm
V8Granite wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:29 pm Visited a paint shop today to talk about the Merc.

Dave
are you going fully original?
Pretty much yes. The bronze trim may be painted black depending on how it cleans up due to a few scratches and when the screens are out I think I’ll change part of the headlining to Alcantara.

It’s tempting to fit an AMG 3 piece spoiler but that would require 18s and a gangster lean I just can’t pull off :P

Dave!