Your fleet running reports

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Jobbo »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:40 am Found somewhere local to do the merc for ~£600 which I'm ok with.

Unfortunately they want to read the codes to double check the issue ( which is fair enough ) but I've been clearing them and carrying on, and can I get it to play up? Can I heck. I'll have to let the mrs take it into town as it always seems to do it when she drives it!

I bet garages get everyone who brings a car in giving a vague description and an internet diagnosis so I can understand their position, but at the same time I'd hope the information I've given including screenshots of the codes would give them a bit of confidence that I wasn't a typical billy bullshitter. Or maybe I am the worst kind and don't realise it 😂
When the gearbox kept going into limp mode on my BMW 545i, it would generally reset itself after you turned it off and on again and never stored any codes. It was only when it did it straight outside the dealership as I was leaving that I managed to turn round and get back to them without turning the engine off that allowed them to read the codes.

So drive straight there if it plays up!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It definitely stores it, but it only plays up once every 250 miles or so so I've only had to clear it a handful of times. I know exactly which sensor it is, you can buy them for £40 as a kit, I'm just not comfortable trying it myself and breaking something in the process.

If it was summer and I had a spare car working for her to use I'd be giving it a go :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Leafing through the paperwork for my 7, there’s a BMW sales invoice from 2013, for £38k. It was just over a year old. List when new was c. £75k.

Someone lost about £35k in twelve months :shock:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

1990 MX-5 - I went to see the Mazda this morning to see what kind of state it was in after 7 years of storage at my FiL's fabrication workshop. I peeled back the fitted car cover with a certain amount of trepidation but needn't have worried. It looked great! The sills are still rock solid and the tyres still aren't properly flat. I was very pleased!

Only downside was that someone has bumped into the back of it leaving a 10" long horizontal dent across the front face of the boot lid. It's fixable and my FiL has stored the car FOC for about 8.5yrs :shock: so I can't grumble. He's even clearing space in the building so me and my Dad can set about making it roadworthy again.

Looking forward to this little project!!
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:49 pm Leafing through the paperwork for my 7, there’s a BMW sales invoice from 2013, for £38k. It was just over a year old. List when new was c. £75k.

Someone lost about £35k in twelve months :shock:
My Gran Coupe lost £10k in 6 months! It was BMWs own car so I doubt they cared.
Nic

Post by Nic »

It’s been a bmw buying kind of week.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Took the polo to work on thurs to give it a decent run as it had sat since Christmas Day.

Thought it felt a bit soft and wobbly. Gave it a pre-Mot check today and noticed one rear tyre looked very flat. Checked them all, 3 were around 20psi, one 5psi.

Pumped them all up and found a nail in the really low one. Tyre itself looked pretty ancient, unfortunately the spare is a steelie, the rest are alloys, but the tyre was the same size and looked fairly recent and hadn't ever been driven on.

Swapped the spare tyre onto the alloy, will get a puncture repair kit and use the nailed one as a practise. I've been meaning to get a set for ages as I'm sure it'll come in handy again at some point.
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

Nic wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:37 pm <snip>
Matching colour combos, I like it.

Any particular reason/plans? That a 320Cd?
Nic

Post by Nic »

Beany wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:40 pm

Yeah 320Cd. Both were too cheap to turn down :lol: they both need a little bit of a attention, I’ve started de chavving the touring and it’s a nice car under all the crap slapped at it.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Nic wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:16 am

Yeah 320Cd. Both were too cheap to turn down :lol: they both need a little bit of a attention, I’ve started de chavving the touring and it’s a nice car under all the crap slapped at it.
im guessing they’re just to punt on? I remember you saying how much you disliked your last e46 330d touring?
Nic

Post by Nic »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:28 am
Nic wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:16 am

im guessing they’re just to punt on? I remember you saying how much you disliked your last e46 330d touring?
Yep will be punting them on. I didn’t get on with my last 330d, although didn’t hate it as much as Ste hated his! This one has a much nicer leather interior, it’s more like nappa than the hard grained leather in my last one.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

They'll be the best cars ever until they're sold 😂

You need a joblot of wheel silver, both would look miles better with silver wheels!
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:45 pm
both would look miles better with silver wheels!
Agree for the cab, but I think the wheels on the touring look pretty good.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Cab must one of the very last E46s registered new.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Nic

Post by Nic »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:45 pm They'll be the best cars ever until they're sold 😂

You need a joblot of wheel silver, both would look miles better with silver wheels!
They have a cult following which you get, I just didn’t get it enough 😀 I agree on the silver wheels but doubt I’ll get a return on the cost of getting them done.
Nic

Post by Nic »

mik wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:02 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:45 pm
both would look miles better with silver wheels!
Agree for the cab, but I think the wheels on the touring look pretty good.
You haven’t seen them close up 😂
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

New wheels order for the Volvo, should be here on friday hopefully, quite a lot lighter than the standard ones and much better looking which is the most important thing!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

BCA offered to sell the golf @ £ 24 ish k which doesn't seem too cheap to me. Needs a service and probably tyres soon.

Great car tho. I might get another one day. Preferred the estate.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:37 am BCA offered to sell the golf @ £ 24 ish k which doesn't seem too cheap to me. Needs a service and probably tyres soon.

The price they offered me for mine was higher than lower mileage cars on Autotrader at the time. Seems odd because presumably they’ll get far less than that for it at auction?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:33 am
Broccers wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:37 am BCA offered to sell the golf @ £ 24 ish k which doesn't seem too cheap to me. Needs a service and probably tyres soon.

The price they offered me for mine was higher than lower mileage cars on Autotrader at the time. Seems odd because presumably they’ll get far less than that for it at auction?
Maybe they play on the chance that many won’t even check and pay whatever it takes to keep “their” car assuming it’s market value?