Your fleet running reports

DeskJockey

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by DeskJockey »

Hmmm... Sounds like the Galaxy could do with new boot struts too. It is getting slower to fully lift to the open position.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

speedingfine wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:17 pm I finally bought a small wet vac / carpet cleaner to use on the cars. I’ve just had a go at the floor mats from the Cayenne with predictably disgusting results :D So much mud & sand. I think I’m going to have to remove all the seats & centre console so I can do the main carpet thoroughly.
Deeply satisfying job 😃 I got a drill brush too to get all the muck out.

Got my wet dry vacuum from Screwfix, it's about a quarter of the weight of our main vacuum cleaner (Henry) missus isn't happy, think we'll have to get a new one for the house now :lol:
I bought a drill brush set off amazon for 13 quid and just got a Wet and Dry Vac for the cars from B&Q which was only 40 quid, doubles up as a blower as well and has good reviews, should be here Saturday so I can start de moulding the Activa interior 😂
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Talking of boot struts - mine has been a bit lame for years. However, someone in the E91 beard thread on PH has recently cleaned up the hinges amd greased and apparently that has made a huge difference.

So I've got some white grease this week and hopefully will find the time eother this w/e or next to give them a good clean up with some WD40 followrd by a greasing. The bonnet catch is a bit sticky as well so I'll go over all the catches and hinges for good measure.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:54 pm
NGRhodes wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:00 pm Changed the boot struts. Being 6 foot tall I am a perfect height to open the tailgate open fully with my head whilst I swapped the struts over (only took 6 minutes as only held on with spring clips).
Cheers for reminding me. I kept twatting my head on the Auris' (hidden gem edition) tailgate as I'm 6'2" and the struts just can't manage the last bit. I ordered some from the StrutDepot (£21.00 the pair), and now the tailgate opens with such renewed vigour, I have to be mindfull it doesn't twat me in the chin :lol:
My newer ones open in a slower more controlled manner, so much so that I have to remember to make sure the boot is closed properly and I don't have to stop leaving Aldi to close again...
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

New sticker
GG.

Post by GG. »

GG. wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:37 am Dad’s always been a petrolhead - no surprises where I got it from. The fact that I’ve memorised the below tells you all you need to know... He left school at 16 with ‘two O levels’ - no silver spoons here.

His car/bike history...

Then the FF. I’m genuinely itching to have a go in it. An engine that’s a derivation of that in the Enzo and shared with the LaFerrari. What more can you say??
So... this happened. My first go in a Fandango and a V12 at that... all 660 screaming horsepowers of it.

Predictably it absolutely blew my socks off. Pedal to the bulkhead in second gear was accelerative like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. Yes I know it’s about 0.5 slower 60-100 than a certain LP 600 of this parish but trust me - with that v12 wailing at full chat with no lag it properly widens your eyes (whilst it deafens you).

I guess it feels all the more absurd in a 5 metre long car with an enormous bonnet stretched out in front of you and two seats and a hatchback behind - a properly bonkers automobile.

As to its downsides (though equally you could say horses for courses), it does feel pretty enormous. I spent the rest of my few days off last week wringing the neck of the 911 around some country roads and I can’t help thinking the Ferrari would feel hopelessly cumbersome in that situation.

So, I’m absolutely in love with it, but I will need to keep my 911 when I inevitably buy it off the old man in a few years (this much has already been agreed!) :lol:

I was clearly a bit lost in the moment as I didn’t take any pics of the FF but the porker was also looking pretty fine in the spring sunshine outside the folks place

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Nice house 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Matty wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:32 pmNice house 8-)
All that ivy is SHIT.

(Yeah, alright, it's looks quite good)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

You know it's posh when there's a separate door for those filthy tradespeople <shudder>
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

(it was around the side at my folks' place)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

d'oh
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Also. What kind of f*&%$king review of a Ferrari winds up with a photo of the author's Porsche ???
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Bring the FF to the next Surrey Rolling Road Day 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'm going to make an educated guess - although admittedly just a guess - that @Sundayjumper has been on the sauce. :)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:48 pm I'm going to make an educated guess - although admittedly just a guess - that @Sundayjumper has been on the sauce. :)
NO I'VE NOT.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Irony of criticising Broccers is not lost on me. But he started at lunchtime.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The side door is for filthy animals like Beany.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:51 pm Irony of criticising Broccers is not lost on me. But he started at lunchtime.
That's a horrible slander.

It was breakfast time.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:54 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:51 pm Irony of criticising Broccers is not lost on me. But he started at lunchtime.
That's a horrible slander.

It was breakfast time.
Beer on your cornflakes.
GG.

Post by GG. »

:lol:

Yes it is a bit shit not to even have a photo I do admit.

I’m actually still here but my parents left this morning and the beast is hidden away in its own accommodation and I have no idea where the fob is to operate the roller door (I suspect this is not accidental)

Slightly frustrating thing is we’re oop north so my folks place is only worth a little more than my 3 bed terrace in South London. Needless to say I’m hoping remote working becomes a permanent fixture...