Your fleet running reports

DeskJockey

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by DeskJockey »

First outing with the four bike carrier on the back. As @V8Granite said previously how it does what it does connected to the towbar is magic.

Also got a proper run on my gravel bike and it is fantastic to ride.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Today:

IMG_0196.jpeg
IMG_0196.jpeg (120.57 KiB) Viewed 412 times
IMG_0217.jpeg
IMG_0217.jpeg (30.13 KiB) Viewed 412 times
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Bravo.

Galaxy rolled over 123k. Not as exciting.
---
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:41 pm Today:

IMG_0217.jpeg
Beautiful.

I looked down at the M135i dash yesterday, and saw 88889

To say I was infuriated is a huge understatement.
mik

Post by mik »

Does look a bit nippy in the first image,
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:01 pm Bravo.

_____8.9

;)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:45 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:01 pm Bravo.

_____8.9

;)
Yes, when we get there. Another 420 odd miles yet to go.
---
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Finally completed a multi-month mission to find a way that the little one could come out in the Lotus with me. Surprisingly little guidance on the subject (and admittedly a little procrastination at times).

So, part one was to obtain a seat narrow enough to fit inside the Tillett. This involved going to Halfords and taking a tape measure to all their age relevant child seats; only a couple were narrow enough and I didn't want to pay hundreds of quid for something that didn't work in the end. So was then watching FB marketplace for the correct seat, eventually got the one.

Next, obtain the inertia belt retention kit from Tillett (didn't know it existed, far from clear on the website, found out through a long shot enquiry to Steve Tillett, already wasted a load of money on a kit from the US that didn't fit).

Next, made a PE foam mould of the child seat to Tillett interface (it doesn't fit naturally with the shape of the seat). Fitted the inertia belt kit, and finally got it all in and her sat in it today. So big win.

Didn't have time to actually go out, but of course I am fully prepared that the most likely outcome is that she's going to hate being in it and cry instantly. :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:07 pm

IMG_0217.jpeg
Beautiful.

I looked down at the M135i dash yesterday, and saw 88889

To say I was infuriated is a huge understatement.
I tried to engineer it on my e46 M3 to get 123456 on the odometer, 123.4 on the trip and 12:34 on the clock.

Unfortunately the odo ticked over to 123457 just as the trip reached 123.4! I was so close!

GG.

Post by GG. »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:05 pm Finally completed a multi-month mission to find a way that the little one could come out in the Lotus with me. Surprisingly little guidance on the subject (and admittedly a little procrastination at times).

So, part one was to obtain a seat narrow enough to fit inside the Tillett. This involved going to Halfords and taking a tape measure to all their age relevant child seats; only a couple were narrow enough and I didn't want to pay hundreds of quid for something that didn't work in the end. So was then watching FB marketplace for the correct seat, eventually got the one.

Next, obtain the inertia belt retention kit from Tillett (didn't know it existed, far from clear on the website, found out through a long shot enquiry to Steve Tillett, already wasted a load of money on a kit from the US that didn't fit).

Next, made a PE foam mould of the child seat to Tillett interface (it doesn't fit naturally with the shape of the seat). Fitted the inertia belt kit, and finally got it all in and her sat in it today. So big win.

Didn't have time to actually go out, but of course I am fully prepared that the most likely outcome is that she's going to hate being in it and cry instantly. :lol:
Good work! I'm going to have to come up with some creative solutions very shortly for my son in the back on the 911. His head is now right up against the roof and complaining its not comfortable for his back. Problem is - I want to retain the back / head protection of a child seat (back seats of a 911 obviously have no headrests) but he doesn't need the booster part as is tall enough already. Naturally the only available options are booster with no backrest rather than vice versa...
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

GG. wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:20 am
duncs500 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:05 pm Finally completed a multi-month mission to find a way that the little one could come out in the Lotus with me. Surprisingly little guidance on the subject (and admittedly a little procrastination at times).

Good work! I'm going to have to come up with some creative solutions very shortly for my son in the back on the 911. His head is now right up against the roof and complaining its not comfortable for his back. Problem is - I want to retain the back / head protection of a child seat (back seats of a 911 obviously have no headrests) but he doesn't need the booster part as is tall enough already. Naturally the only available options are booster with no backrest rather than vice versa...
The back of booster seats is detachable on most of them, keep the base for the other car and try just strapping the back in the back?…

Failing that the Saturn V command module method will give him sufficient head room!
Cheers,

Ian
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

You can get those really skinny travel kids seats, but I guess they don't provide a very secure platform. How old is your son?
GG.

Post by GG. »

He's 8 next month and I think above the cut-off height wise where he could ride without a seat - but with no head support that idea doesn't thrill me.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

This sort of discussion kind of sums up another one the attractions of ///M cars for me. In the end, they're just normal cars with full sized rear seats, isofix, roof bar fittings, folding seats, etc..

it does make everything straightforward, though I'd love it if I could easily fit a removable tow bar to attach a bike rack. A few people have done it, but it's a little more hassle than just a bolt on.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The no towbars on M cars thing is historical and a bit annoying. Understandable I guess from the e46 on where the exhaust gets in the way, but even e30 and 36 don’t come rated to tow and have exactly the same floorpan and mounts as the regular versions.
Cheers, Harry
GG.

Post by GG. »

Rich B wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:37 pm This sort of discussion kind of sums up another one the attractions of ///M cars for me. In the end, they're just normal cars with full sized rear seats, isofix, roof bar fittings, folding seats, etc..

it does make everything straightforward, though I'd love it if I could easily fit a removable tow bar to attach a bike rack. A few people have done it, but it's a little more hassle than just a bolt on.
I was also following / side by side with an e92 M3 under the Vauxhall gyratory tunnel yesterday and we both succumbed to the obvious temptation - I think your old car is probably my favourite M...
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

GG. wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:45 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:37 pm This sort of discussion kind of sums up another one the attractions of ///M cars for me. In the end, they're just normal cars with full sized rear seats, isofix, roof bar fittings, folding seats, etc..

I was also following / side by side with an e92 M3 under the Vauxhall gyratory tunnel yesterday and we both succumbed to the obvious temptation - I think your old car is probably my favourite M...
I probably agree. It was far better sounding than my M2 or the e46, and it was every bit as agile too despite it being larger. If it didn't drink like George Best in happy hour (av 20mpg was doing well) it would be the perfect car imo!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Have you tried him in it without the booster or seat at all ?

The TT doesn’t need a booster seat in the back as it puts him too close to the tailgate glass. So with no booster and even though he is only 131cm Connor has a pretty perfect seatbelt height and sits securely. Maxwell was the same but a little younger.

I think a back with no base would move about too much.

Dave!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Took the car out for a wee trip to the country tonight, thinking that driving through Bradford would be easier at 9pm on a Sunday. Nope, saw a fight break out at some traffic lights. Utter fucking shithole of a town, full of morons.

Anyway, car is quite entertaining at 6/10ths on country roads, bags of torque there in the midrange, it feels almost as quick to ride the torque as it does to stretch it out to the redline. Good laugh.

Need to find some roads on the Leeds exit side that I can play around on, methinks.