Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Jobbo »

Have you tried going to Bruges?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:02 am Have you tried going to Bruges?
Good point, i’ll head out now....
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Make sure you take a photo of your average consumption :)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:00 amand has worse aerodynamics.
Not now it's been lowered :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Yes, that definitely makes a difference to Cd and frontal area. In Bruges.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yes, in Bruges that makes a big difference as you say.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Also helps midgets alight.
mik

Post by mik »

I Bruges like a peach.

How much camber do you reckon is on the rears with the drop/spacers Ste? Potential inner edge tyre-munchery?
mik

Post by mik »

scotta wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:37 pm
Matty wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:33 pm I'm a month overdue for the Evora service because I'm still waiting on my new aux belt to arrive. It's been revised to a 4-yearly replacement, and as mine is now 8.5 years old, I should probably get it swapped. Still, £50 from eBay is a bit cheaper than £160 from Lotus, so it's not all bad.

New rear tyres are due really soon too. I was planning on Michelin PS4S, but they don't do the "S" in my size on the fronts, so it'll be plain old "4" for me - currently shod in P-Zero's, and the fronts still look quite fresh so reluctant to throw those away just yet....I'll live life on the edge for a while.

Lastly, after numerous deliberations, I've decided against the SR pack - which was further solidified will by a poll of Evora owners who voted 60-40 that Laser blue looked better without it. That being said, I am toying with the idea to just do only the sills, it pinches the waist a little and makes it look a little sleeker. I've got some offcuts of vinyl wrap, I might mock something up to see what I think....
Sports Racers are for bell ends anyway 😂
I still vote yes for sills and front spoiler. Everyone will only then consider you a bit of a bell end. Not total.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:51 am
scotta wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:37 pm
Matty wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:33 pm I'm a month overdue for the Evora service because I'm still waiting on my new aux belt to arrive. It's been revised to a 4-yearly replacement, and as mine is now 8.5 years old, I should probably get it swapped. Still, £50 from eBay is a bit cheaper than £160 from Lotus, so it's not all bad.

New rear tyres are due really soon too. I was planning on Michelin PS4S, but they don't do the "S" in my size on the fronts, so it'll be plain old "4" for me - currently shod in P-Zero's, and the fronts still look quite fresh so reluctant to throw those away just yet....I'll live life on the edge for a while.

Lastly, after numerous deliberations, I've decided against the SR pack - which was further solidified will by a poll of Evora owners who voted 60-40 that Laser blue looked better without it. That being said, I am toying with the idea to just do only the sills, it pinches the waist a little and makes it look a little sleeker. I've got some offcuts of vinyl wrap, I might mock something up to see what I think....
Sports Racers are for bell ends anyway 😂
I still vote yes for sills and front spoiler. Everyone will only then consider you a bit of a bell end. Not total.
So a half cocked solution then?
Nic

Post by Nic »

Nic wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:40 am Replacing the 330 was relatively straight forward, looked at 3 X5’s, all with the newer 215bhp engine, all between £3-4500 and decided they were all sheds. Brief look at a 530d e60 and walked away from that too due dodgy electrics in the tailgate and then bought the cheapest X5 I could. In the dark. Without test driving it.

141,000 miles, weird spec of sat nav, aux heater, electric memory seats, electric steering column but not heated seats. Bought as spares and repairs as it apparently had a blown turbo, something I’m not too sure about so will investigate it next week.
So I knew I was taking a chance buying a fucked car but it was the cheapest by a long way, equivalent cars are between £2500-£3000, worst case scenario was a turbo at £200, new pick up pipe and labour to swap turbo and clean out intercooler etc but I had a pretty good feeling that it wasn’t the turbo.

Symptoms were smoking on boost and quite a major oil leak in the engine bay. I reckoned while viewing it that it was a blocked breather.

Guess what? Blocked breather :D
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Are you going to bother repairing the dents or just tool around not worrying about it?
Nic

Post by Nic »

Eventually yes I will. The paint guy I use reckons it will be about £70/80 to sort but it’s not on the list of priorities at the moment.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:34 am
Matty wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:33 pmNew rear tyres are due really soon too. I was planning on Michelin PS4S, but they don't do the "S" in my size on the fronts, so it'll be plain old "4" for me
Super Sports > PS4, aren't they?
Aren't the PS4S the replacement for the PSS? I thought the lineup was now Cup2 > PS4S > PS4.

I'm not sure if anyone watches "Tyre Reviews" but they've done good comparison here:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Fucking winning Nic 8-)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Matty wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:56 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:34 am
Matty wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:33 pmNew rear tyres are due really soon too. I was planning on Michelin PS4S, but they don't do the "S" in my size on the fronts, so it'll be plain old "4" for me
Super Sports > PS4, aren't they?
Aren't the PS4S the replacement for the PSS? I thought the lineup was now Cup2 > PS4S > PS4.

I'm not sure if anyone watches "Tyre Reviews" but they've done good comparison here:
I think we're agreeing and disagreeing at the same time here :) yes they replace the SS but SS are still available and better than PS4 so I'd go with SS.

Unless I'm wrong. :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

PS4 is just a slightly sports oriented tyre, quite a few steps below PS4S.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Apparently they are doing 10 percent of at blackcircles on the ps4. Thought about getting a set for the mini as the toys are wank.
ste

Post by ste »

Frontal area will have been reduced by lowering, but the spacers have definitely increased it. I imagine it's comfortably less aerodynamic than a 5 series. The slush box in the X5, transfer box, front driveshafts etc cause much more friction than in a 2WD 5 series. 315 section tyres, specifically the current winter tyres with deep sipes will have lots of drag. Larger wheel bearings etc all cause more drag.

After picking my son up from town yesterday and driving to the station today it's down to 22.9 MPG for the tank. As soon as you add in that stop / start stuff and have to get up and down hills (Sussex is hilly, Belgium famously isn't) than you're instantly fighting that weight as well as all the drag. Usual tank average has hovered around the 19 MPG mark. I'm perfectly happy with that, it's a 2 tonne 4.8l V8 truck.
mik wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:58 am How much camber do you reckon is on the rears with the drop/spacers Ste? Potential inner edge tyre-munchery?
As standard X5s eat the outside of the front tyres and the inside of the rears. The £700 I spent last week on new arms and bushes and an alignment have actually set the camber back to the same as a standard X5. It doesn't look it on pics due to the extra track, but it should wear the same as a standard car.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ste wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:04 pm Frontal area will have been reduced by lowering, but the spacers have definitely increased it. I
The frontal area would have decreased by the amount of tyre showing from the front (ie not very much) but why would moving the tyres out with spacers increase it?