Your fleet running reports

16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by 16vCento »

May have accidentally sold the Xf 🤔

Not sure what the hell to buy if it happens!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

16vCento wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:19 pm May have accidentally sold the Xf 🤔

lol, how you accidentally just sell a car? :D
Cheers,

Mike.
tim

Post by tim »

Jag XJ8 went into the local garage this morning to be fixed up. Hopefully a week or so before it's back on wafting duties. I might keep the 45 for a little while just as a backup, or in case we get a massive dump of snow.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I'm meant to be getting rid of my 740d. Needs brake disks and a service. Has a distinctive odour. WBAC say £8k on the nose.
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Ascender wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:36 am

lol, how you accidentally just sell a car? :D
My best mate has liked it since I bought it, now he's doing less miles he asked if he could buy it.

I thought I may as well oblige, he's seeing about selling his car now 😂
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:51 am

I'm meant to be getting rid of my 740d. Needs brake disks and a service. Has a distinctive odour. WBAC say £8k on the nose.
I'm not really a BMW person 🤔

I saw a nice looking S4 Avant but there seems to be big questions about the reliability of the 3.0 Petrol engine.

Might end up in a XJ, or a Disco 4. Or not, I've no idea.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:51 am

Le Eau de DimancheJumper - édition pantalon de merde.
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Eau de toilette. Literally.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

16vCento wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:13 am there seems to be big questions about the reliability of the 3.0 Petrol engine.

Might end up in a Disco 4.
:lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Still mulling over selling the M240i. We dont really need two daily's at the moment as were both working from home.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Have decided to sell the Boxster S "fo sho". Mrs Mike is not impressed.

WBAC valuation is 9 grand, so I'm going to stick it up on AT and a couple of online groups for 12 and see what happens. Plates are on retention and its getting valeted tomorrow so will get some pics and go from there.
Cheers,

Mike.
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:13 pm
16vCento wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:13 am there seems to be big questions about the reliability of the 3.0 Petrol engine.

Might end up in a Disco 4.
:lol:
I've had less reliability issues with my JLR stuff than my boss has had with his Audi, which surprised me to say the least!

I'd still expect a Disco to fail me though :lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Zoe has had its first service in our ownership after 11 months and about 6k miles. Took it back to the supplying dealer, though I won't be bothering again. Service was fine, no major issues, but they said it needed a brake fluid change and helpfully included the price in the paperwork £199. :shock:

Checked the online price with one of the local chain garages and they're quoting £30.

Asked them if they could enable Android auto (built in, but disabled for some reason), but apparently that requires a new head unit, which, based on the videos on how to do it on YouTube is not true. I've not got the right cable, so thought it worth asking.

Also asked them to investigate why the heated rear screen want working. They "looked at the obvious things", but that wasn't it, so want £150 to investigate further.

Finally they called me to tell me the car was ready, yet when I got there two hours later, they hadn't completed the paperwork, so I had to wait for that.

Overall, not very impressed.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

199 for zoe break fluid change is cheap, used to be 249 minimum. The zoe breaks are de-coupled, so the full fluid change is quite involved, 400v lock-out and Renault Clip unit to activate the various valves. The 30 quid job won't do jack. You can refuse it, but at your own risk/warranty blah blah.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That's useful information, thank you. Hadn't gotten round to researching it properly yet. If that's the case, then I will have to swallow the cost then.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Have had an intermittent O2 sensor warning going on and off - seems very sensitive to how cold the weather is and what sort of petrol is in it so have dropped it off to the mechanic as I don't want to try and hide anything when selling the car. Unless it goes to WBAC obviously...
Cheers,

Mike.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’m making use of the nice sunny weather to dry out the cars. I’ve discovered the Scimitar is nowhere near as waterproof as I’d hoped. It seems to come in through the rear lights and permeate into the cabin. Lots of condensation on the rear window. The Galaxie has multiple holes in the roof so it’s always lived under a cover but nonetheless, damp does creep in. And the Compact hasn’t been used properly since failing its MOT in Nov 2020 :oops: so it’s a bit musty and needs airing.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:47 pm I’m making use of the nice sunny weather to dry out the cars. I’ve discovered the Scimitar is nowhere near as waterproof as I’d hoped. It seems to come in through the rear lights and permeate into the cabin. Lots of condensation on the rear window. The Galaxie has multiple holes in the roof so it’s always lived under a cover but nonetheless, damp does creep in. And the Compact hasn’t been used properly since failing its MOT in Nov 2020 :oops: so it’s a bit musty and needs airing.
That brings back bad memories of my TVR. The musty smell took ages to dispel no matter what I did.
Cheers,

Mike.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yep, I’ve had the covers of mine and tried to give them an air out. Even under a good waterproof breathable cover you still get plenty of condensation.

Never mind, only a few more months of cold damp weather to go :(
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:47 pm I’m making use of the nice sunny weather to dry out the cars. I’ve discovered the Scimitar is nowhere near as waterproof as I’d hoped. It seems to come in through the rear lights and permeate into the cabin. Lots of condensation on the rear window. The Galaxie has multiple holes in the roof so it’s always lived under a cover but nonetheless, damp does creep in. And the Compact hasn’t been used properly since failing its MOT in Nov 2020 :oops: so it’s a bit musty and needs airing.
Did you see the thing on Harry’s Garage about storage fuel?

Might save you some hassle on carb rebuilds from ethanol corrosion if the cars are sitting for a while.
An absolute unit