Your fleet running reports

Carlos

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Carlos »

When I was sorting finance out for my E92 M3 in 2008 my dad took me over to the dealer in his Focus CC and parked it on an inclined part of their carpark. 20 minutes later all hell broke loose as it was rolling back down the hill towards the showroom lol

Thankfully it went into the side of a used 5 series outside and not through the glass fronted showroom.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Exige Update

Bottom pig iron off, top stainless pipework on.

More to follow.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Maurice wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 pm Exige Update

More to follow.
For a performance car those original manifolds look really shit
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Correct. Probably the most restrictive part of the system and those terrible thin cell cats completely strangle it. Hence the 200CEL cat further down to replace them.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:15 am
mik wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:04 am

Benefits of parking car in gear

- You start the car with the clutch in so spin the engine only.

Negatives of parking car in neutral.
- You will start the car in neutral...
I park my car in neutral and depress the clutch when I start it, after double-checing it's still in neutral.

I'd maybe leave it in gear on a really steep slope where I wasn't sure the handbrake would hold it, but otherwise it's neutral + handbrake. That's exactly what the handbrake is there for.

EDIT - plus the Highway Code rule 239 says that when parking on the roadside "you MUST apply the handbrake before leaving the vehicle".

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway ... 238-to-252
This
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ohlala shiny.
How about not having a sig at all?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

More to follow.
8-)
Cheers,

Ian
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Volvo had its first service. £315 to change the oil, filter and pollen filter (and that was after shopping around). They updated the software too, which I suppose is a good thing when BMW won’t unless you find a spurious reason for them to do it. But it resets things like traffic announcements 😡

Utter rip-off anyway, but they washed it very well.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

More to follow.
Nice. 2bular?
mik

Post by mik »

Matty wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:41 pm

More to follow.
Nice. 2bular?
On behalf of Maurice - I confirm them thar to be 2bular.

And I would also like to add, bwaaaaaaarp. 8-)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

No video yet? What a cunt.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

It's the same 2Bular manifold and HJS sports cat kit that Mik has on the Evora. It's also entirely Mik's fault.

When the car was last in for a service, Lotus pointed out that the Y-Pipe was looking a bit sorry for itself (as you can see from the photo). They quoted me something ridiculous to replace just the pipe, so the obvious answer was to replace the entire system for a bit more, bringing with it the "manifold" benefits (LOL) the 2Bular system has to offer.

A chat with Mik on the merits of the system sealed the deal and his powers of persuasion were the "catalyst" (LOL) for my wallet to become lighter. He did point out that I'm partly responsible for him owning an Evora in the first place however, and so I should "pipe" down (LOL) about him egging me on to do it.

The removal of the original cats is the prime benefit, as they restrict power and can be very fragile by all accounts, with several stories of them disintegrating completely. The manifolds sans-cat release more power and torque, together with the added benefit of helping the engine run a bit cooler too. I'm replacing the lambda sensors at the same time as a precaution.

Coupled with the Cup-R carbon intake I've got on it, I'd hope it'll now be putting out in the region of 390bhp. It'll also be louder, which is making me equal parts nervous and excited, as it's by no means shy and retiring as it is.

The one frustration is that I can't collect it for at least a couple of weeks. Will try and sort some videos upon collection, but it's going to be an entirely "exhausting" wait (LOL).
Matty

Post by Matty »

Maurice wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:09 pm that the Y-Pipe was looking a bit sorry for itself (as you can see from the photo). They quoted me something ridiculous to replace just the pipe
Lotus tax! I know it well.

Also, cars a bit young for that, isn't it? Or has the harsh Scottish winters and salty roads taken a hefty toll?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:13 pm
Maurice wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:09 pm that the Y-Pipe was looking a bit sorry for itself (as you can see from the photo). They quoted me something ridiculous to replace just the pipe

Also, cars a bit young for that, isn't it? Or has the harsh Scottish winters and salty roads taken a hefty toll?
He lives in engerlandcestershire now...
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

scotta wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:34 pm
Matty wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:13 pm

He lives in engerlandcestershire now...
This isn’t why we voted for Brexit.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

By all accounts (seloc), the 2bular bloke is a bit of a cunt to deal with. Bit flaky on delvery dates, shit at responding to messages/phonecalls etc but everyone seems to agree that it's well worth the pain if you can get your hands on the kit. And they sound teh awsume 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

Jim is certainly a character. :lol: , but no doubting either his knowledge or skills. 8-)

The problem is that he doesn’t work to earth time.

Mr Mudge summarised it rather well last week when he advised “I would call Jim, but I don’t have a spare 45mins today” :roll:
Matty

Post by Matty »

Some of his ramblings on SELOC and his website were gold :lol: he clearly has someone doing his website for him these days because his news page is much 'cleaner' than it used to be.

As mentioned though, absolutely no one doubts the quality of his work. My 2bular sounds fantastic.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

I’ve never had any big problems with Jim. Yes he can take his time, but I think so long as you’re broadly aware of what you’re getting into, he’s perfectly reasonable to deal with.

As Mik says, he’s a total character who is clearly passionate and immensely knowledgeable about what he does.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Just chiming in to say to say I can't wait for several Exige vids from Maurice 8-) :mrgreen: