Your fleet running reports

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Sundayjumper »

Gavster wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:10 pm From my recent ebay experiences it's the scammers who are diving in early from newly created accounts - like you guessed probably some bot or automation doing it. They should disappear quite soon and give way to genuine enquiries..
You seem to be absolutely correct :D This evening I have had a very sensible message from a person with good feedback history that is clearly a BMW person, followed by this, that I present here verbatim, from another zero feedback account:

Hello hi sir good evening I’m very sorry to disturb you can u please send me your number phone please I’m interested in your car please send me your number phone soon I’m. Very interested thanks

:lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

How can you possibly say no? They ask so nicely. I bet it is just some little granny, all new to the internet, looking to buy her favourite nephew a car so he can take her to the shops once a week.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Well it seems the ECU from The Compact is borked. Everything else checks out so I’m fairly sure - I think - that the ECU is the culprit. I’ll send it off to my TUNA and see if he can coax it back to life. Second hand ones aren’t too expensive but this one was upgraded with a racier map so it’s worth trying to save it rather than paying for that remap all over again.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:01 pm Well it seems the ECU from The Compact is borked. Everything else checks out so I’m fairly sure - I think - that the ECU is the culprit. I’ll send it off to my TUNA and see if he can coax it back to life. Second hand ones aren’t too expensive but this one was upgraded with a racier map so it’s worth trying to save it rather than paying for that remap all over again.
Should be able to get a decent used one and get the data swapped over. That's what I had done when mine had been swimming.

Mine was bad enough to rot most of the terminals and they weren't sure at first if it could be copied but whoever they sent it to managed it.
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

ebay advert - we have a winner !

ob9192.jpg
ob9192.jpg (8.27 KiB) Viewed 915 times

8-) 8-) 8-)

It's one of you feckers, isn't it ?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:01 pm Well it seems the ECU from The Compact is borked. Everything else checks out so I’m fairly sure - I think - that the ECU is the culprit. I’ll send it off to my TUNA and see if he can coax it back to life. Second hand ones aren’t too expensive but this one was upgraded with a racier map so it’s worth trying to save it rather than paying for that remap all over again.
Have you seen the plug and play standalone remappable ones on eBay? They seem pretty reasonably priced, would be very tempted myself if I wasn’t leaving mine alone as a sensible commuter car….
Cheers, Harry
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

You could respond with "hello five times asking price". Might be someone incredibly generous wanting to give you a bit extra.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:14 pm ebay advert - we have a winner !

ob9192.jpg

8-) 8-) 8-)

I had 10 of them when selling my M3. Every time I just replied with the price on the advert. Obviously they came to nothing, but no point in engaging with them in any other way.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:23 pm I had 10 of them when selling my M3. Every time I just replied with the price on the advert. Obviously they came to nothing, but no point in engaging with them in any other way.
Oh, I disagree ! I had this when I sold the Touareg. It was advertised for £3k, which was the cheapest non-non-runner on the market at the time. For a laugh I replied to one of those "best price" messages with:

2k 2 NITE

I then had a string of increasingly desperate messages from him over about 24h asking for my address before he gave up. That was a lot more fun than just replying "£3k".
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:18 pm Have you seen the plug and play standalone remappable ones on eBay?
I have, but it feels like it would be a total can of worms if it didn't work straight out the box. Maybe if you're doing something funky with forced induction, or ITBs, or mega cams, and have the time to tweak it properly but my engine is totally stock internally and I just want it to run reliably. Some more aggressive timing because a lot of the time you use the throttle as an on/off switch, and raise the rev limit to whatever you're brave enough to try, and that's fine for me. Obvs different for other use cases.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:47 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:23 pm I had 10 of them when selling my M3. Every time I just replied with the price on the advert. Obviously they came to nothing, but no point in engaging with them in any other way.
Oh, I disagree ! I had this when I sold the Touareg. It was advertised for £3k, which was the cheapest non-non-runner on the market at the time. For a laugh I replied to one of those "best price" messages with:

2k 2 NITE

I then had a string of increasingly desperate messages from him over about 24h asking for my address before he gave up. That was a lot more fun than just replying "£3k".
granted - that does sound fun!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Slightly more effort from this one, including an explanation why it's a new account set up today. It's because they're new. And they're definitely genuine buyer.

"Hi I’m interested in your car is it possible so I can have your contact number please
Maybe you see my feedback is zero that’s because I’m new to eBay. I’m genuine buyer
"

Another phone number request from another joker who isn't bright enough to start a new account after getting chronically bad feedback:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_pr ... artina9888

And I've been offered a swap for a 2010 320d M Spot. Not a Sport. A Spot.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:05 am
And I've been offered a swap for a 2010 320d M Spot. Not a Sport. A Spot.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’ll have to ask whether it’s a coop, salon or Turing 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:14 pm ebay advert - we have a winner !

ob9192.jpg

8-) 8-) 8-)

I can't say I wasn't tempted but I couldn't think of anything better than the ones you're getting anyway.
Of course he didn't offer a swap for a BMW M Sport, M Sport do Ford rally cars :roll:
A pity it's not an M Beat though, that'd be incredible. Oh, I should have sent you that :(
Last edited by nuttinnew on Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I was offered an evo 8, an Audi Q5 & a bmw 635 as swaps!
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:08 pm I was offered an evo 8, an Audi Q5 & a bmw 635 as swaps!
A triplet of cars must have been quite tempting Shirley? :?
Barry

Post by Barry »

Another interesting EV update

It gets its second service tmrw, 7600 ish miles, then goes back next Monday as the lease is up.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Hi still for sale the car pliese send you number pohone
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:36 pm Hi still for sale the car pliese send you number pohone
best offer m8?