The Motorbikerist Thread

Broccers

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by Broccers »

240PP wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:08 pm Just been reading about that. Why was it manslaughter and not murder?
There are some very strange sentences given out these days. 27 years for the Dreamboys geezer for ATTEMPTED murder
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:43 pm
240PP wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:08 pm Just been reading about that. Why was it manslaughter and not murder?
There are some very strange sentences given out these days. 27 years for the Dreamboys geezer for ATTEMPTED murder
Weird he now killed himself.

I wasnt here for that tho.

Bike serviced today, ready to go. Plugs and oil seem to have made it a whole load smoother. Might tick over 8000 miles this year :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

May have been posted before…

Start ‘em young…

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJQ7M7Gg/

8-)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Struggling to find my motorbike photos , but I dug a few out of my Serrow from 2007.
Did thousands of miles on it as I used it to commute every day (13 miles each way) for a couple of years until it got written off.
Quite a diddy thing, but amazingly capable off road.

mik

Post by mik »

I’ve watched this about 8x now, and I’m still smiling.

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Yeah, seems premeditated. Not a legal beagle though obviously
Cheers,

Ian
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:43 pm
Yeah, seems premeditated. Not a legal beagle though obviously
Cheers,

Ian
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

NGRhodes wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:39 pm Struggling to find my motorbike photos , but I dug a few out of my Serrow from 2007.
I don't have any photo's of bikes or go-karts as it was all pre phone cameras!

My last bike was similar, an electric start 99 Honda XR250 around the same time as you. Those simple air cooled trail bikes were so easy to ride but still capable of going anywhere on proper tyres that my mates went on enduro/mx bikes.

Took a tumble and knocked the wind out of me circa 2008 when my kids were 2 and 3, havent had a bike since :(
Marv

Post by Marv »

NGRhodes wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:39 pm Struggling to find my motorbike photos , but I dug a few out of my Serrow from 2007.
Did thousands of miles on it as I used it to commute every day (13 miles each way) for a couple of years until it got written off.
Quite a diddy thing, but amazingly capable off road.

Nice! I haven't done as much off-roading as I planned on my CRF250 Rally, life is just too busy at the moment! Hopefully I can start using it as intended next year.

The Serrow is a bit of an underrated/forgotten bike, from what I gather.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Nice little bike for green laning Marv 8-)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Marv wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:16 pm

The Serrow is a bit of an underrated/forgotten bike, from what I gather.
Coincidentally, Bill Smith's bought a few in recently, but asking dream world prices.
Small bikes are much more fun off road, mine gets scary real quick 🤣
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Yup, amazing off road, the more technical the more they shine, very very easy to ride - they ride like chunky trials bikes (which I had as a teen). I was always the last to get stuck.
Negatives - needs a little more power to handle the extra weight of a typical European person, rubbish above 40mph sustained on the road - too cramped, too low geared.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I needed a road biased machine yeah, hence T7 instead of CRF300. Fine for tracks and trails, a bit scary on the rough stuff (so I avoid).
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I've lost the tweet but just read Michael Dunlop's bike broke down for the parade lap of the Manx GP so he borrowed the travelling marshal's standard Fireblade and knocked out a 128mph lap whilst pulling wheelies for the crowd, insane!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Saw a bike filtering through traffic earlier today on the a1, where the roadworks take it to one lane- had to slam the brakes on when someone moved into the left lane- quite close to the end of the closing lane (about 10 cars to final chance to merge) so no suprise the car was going to move- as a non-biker what’s the etiquette here? I’d say biker was dumb to be filtering that close to the closing lane, as I wouldn’t have been looking for a bike at that moment
Barry

Post by Barry »

Not sure on the legal aspects but I would say that I always try to cruise up and find a clean "safe" gap to slot into in those circumstances. Sometimes you find that folk that have been queuing up for ten minutes and can't understand how merge in turn works will get upset by anyone (bike/car) trying to run out the other lane, and will bunch up.. occasionally you might have to dive into a gap you're not happy with, but the alternative of stopping and hoping for a gap is less than optimal too.

Local d/c has been running a filter down to one lane on my commute for two months now, and people are more than a little fed up of it I suspect, yet they're still all lining up in one lane for half a mile before the cones constrict.. so I'll continue to cruise up the clear lane (on the bike) and take my chances.
tim

Post by tim »

I've had my R1250 RT two weeks short of 4 years, and it really is the best bike in the world. But 7 years on RTs I was starting to think a change might be nice. What's the second best bike in the world? Well an R1250GS TE Triple-Black, of course:

Pick it up on Saturday :D
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

For the ignorant among us, what's the difference between them?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
tim

Post by tim »

About 35kgs! It's the same engine and chassis, but the GS is the "Adventure" bike with off-road capabilities, lighter, bit more upright riding position. The same but different.

My RT:

What my GS will look like:

This is me on a GS a few weeks ago, on an Adventure Training day: