The Motorbikerist Thread

NotoriousREV

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

The last bike I sold to an individual was my RF900R back in Amsterdam. I told them it was €950 because it was a badly maintained piece of shit and that’s what they paid.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:25 am
Anyway this (very pleasant) lass turned up
?/?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

she'd do / probably.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nice! 8-)
evostick

Post by evostick »

Had a great ride on pretty empty roads around the Black Mountains/Brecon earlier today. Was great until my mate Ian low-sided his Triumph on a gritty bend anyway. His bike's fucked but he's fine thankfully.

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Shit news :( - what's the damage? Any frame / axle sliders / engine case covers? Seen them ward off some quite hefty crashes.
evostick

Post by evostick »

No crash protection gizmos were fitted. Bike's not holed anywhere but I've no doubt it'll be written off. Fairings are destroyed, forks bent and it's not running. Certainly salvageable but not worth it from an insurers point of view.

I was quite surprised. Probably ridden 15k+ miles with Ian in all weathers and in many countries. Never seen him fuck up before. A momentary lapse in concentration is all it takes I guess.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Well that's just fucking shit isn't it.
evostick

Post by evostick »

At least he'll get a nice new bike now. Poor fucker was a bit shaken up though and I had to ferry all 15 stones of him 50 miles home on the back of my 800cc softly sprung bike. Which I don't want to do again anytime soon.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

That sucks, but as you say, he gets to bike shopping at least.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

You guys watching the MotoGP, 2 and 3? Jerez was a bloody barnstormer for GP and 3, well worth a watch. 2 was fairly mundane this time around.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Unlucky on the crash :(

OMG how hot was it sat in leathers yesterday? I nearly melted - when back home they had welded themselves to my skin so not an easy job getting out. Other than that it was a fantastic few hours riding.

Only saw BSB on the box JL - always entertaining. 8-) 8-)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I thought about using my leathers, but decided that my textiles would be more comfortable when drenched in sweat. They weren't too bad on the go with all the vents wide open.

I await JL saying something about being hot in leathers and us not knowing we're born shortly.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Im pretty sure sat outside a Matlock chippy my insides were cooking slowly. Alright on the go and the bike goes loads faster when wearing them - probably do a decent job if I fell / got skitled too. My textiles have all the winter shit in them and I figured itll be freezing again soon.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Is anyone else sat in work really pissed off that they're not out on their bike?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I think that's called the working week, isn't it.

I need to get into BSB and WSBK, but tbh I've only got balls-deep into Moto in the last 12 months and might be too stupid to learn new things.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I stopped watching MotoGP when they switched from the 500 2-strokes to the 1000cc 4-strokes (well, after the 1st season of 4 strokes). I used to watch 500GP and WSB religiously before that in the heyday of some of the greatest riders ever. It was so long ago that people thought Rossi was God and didn't hate his fans :lol: The modern stuff just doesn't come close. I've been trying to get back into MotoGP this year but I can only watch the highlights on ITV as I don't have BT Sport.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Got to make the most of good days.

WSB is a lot closer these days with the new rules and BSB continues to be a fantastic day with 2 races. Moto gp for me is a pain to watch as I dont have the ability to record bt sport, so same as Dave. Went to a few at Donington tho and that was amazing especially in hospitality where you could see them come past then watch the rest of the lap on tv.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Had an interesting convo when out about ABS on bikes being worse than not having them - what do you lot think?