Decent Recent TV

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Rich B »

People miss talking about what was on tv last night like they used to because there’s so many channels and no one watches stuff live. Netflix is filling that niche imo by hyping up these new releases.its working too.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I think the intensity of Netflix helps a lot, where before a series could last 8 weeks and people miss episodes, now people are watching entire series in a day.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’ve been watching so much junk tv recently.

I have stuff on while I’m working and I don’t really want to watch anything I need to pay attention to so I’ve watched Fast n’ Loud, the first 5 seasons of Star Trek TNG and a bunch of old pro wrestling. Between all that and my missus’s sudden fascination with the F&F movies (we’ve watched all 8 this week) I think my brain is about to leak out my ears :lol:
An absolute unit
zx6rkiller
Currently Driving: M2 Comp, 420d

Post by zx6rkiller »

I've just binged the first season of Tacoma FB. If you like Brooklyn99, you will surely also appreciate Tacoma FB.
Highly recommended for 25min feelgood tv.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I think the Beeb are running out of tv programmes.... I’ve just checked and it’s Indiana Jones on bbc1 tonight at 7.
Cheers,

Mike.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Peter Kay's Comedy Shuffle on BBC1 tonight has been great.

His stuff with Paddy Is brilliant, like 2 mates clowning around in the pub on an early Friday finish 😎
Richard

Post by Richard »

I’ve been watching the American The Office. Somehow never watched it before. It’s very good.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

On YouTube for the next day or so, just enjoyed Jesus Christ Superstar with Tim Minchin and Mel C.
Left over crest; tightens.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

tim wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:19 am Ozark S3 - brutal and captivating. I watched the last one yesterday, really bloody good.
Yep, my favourite season so far.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I must be the only person that doesn't get Tiger King. Watched three episodes and it's certainly not grabbed me in the way it seems to have everyone else yet. I'll still finish it I guess.
Richard

Post by Richard »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:08 pm I must be the only person that doesn't get Tiger King. Watched three episodes and it's certainly not grabbed me in the way it seems to have everyone else yet. I'll still finish it I guess.
I watched it. Thought it was interesting. It certainly trailed off towards the end.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:58 pm
Mito Man wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:02 pm Gordon, Gino and Fred - just saw this on catchup, the new American series. It really does remind me of the old top gear road trips and a good bit of entertainment for these times.
GTFO :lol:

It's appallingly bad. So poorly scripted and they're 3 of the most irritating personalities on tv
I confess I enjoyed the first episode. Gordon’s arrogance combined with his and Gino’s competitiveness and Gino’s genuine jealousy was quite amusing. Fred’s a bit quiet and just makes up the numbers but he’s a likeable chap also that’s fine.

Not had time to watch the last few episodes of Better Call Saul yet so I’m going to binge this weekend. It’s so good I’m not willing to be interrupted while watching it.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:55 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:58 pm
Mito Man wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:02 pm Gordon, Gino and Fred - just saw this on catchup, the new American series. It really does remind me of the old top gear road trips and a good bit of entertainment for these times.
GTFO :lol:

It's appallingly bad. So poorly scripted and they're 3 of the most irritating personalities on tv
I confess I enjoyed the first episode. Gordon’s arrogance combined with his and Gino’s competitiveness and Gino’s genuine jealousy was quite amusing. Fred’s a bit quiet and just makes up the numbers but he’s a likeable chap also that’s fine.
I freely admit I'm enjoying Gordon, Gino and Fred. Amongst the buffoonery is a very TG-esque quality program, acknowledging world foods etc. That camper truck thing is strangely appealling too.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Yep, I'd like to see a feature on the truck, also, did I hear Gordon right that that burger cost $700!?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Zonda_ wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:45 am Yep, I'd like to see a feature on the truck, also, did I hear Gordon right that that burger cost $700!?
$777 actually, served with champagne. Definitely for people with more money than taste. Beef with goats cheese, lobster and foie gras all in one thing.........
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I like Gino Gordon and Fred too. Gave some much needed lols the other evening.
Cheers, Harry
tim

Post by tim »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:08 pm I must be the only person that doesn't get Tiger King. Watched three episodes and it's certainly not grabbed me in the way it seems to have everyone else yet. I'll still finish it I guess.
Watch it then go watch the Louis Theroux doc he's also in... they make Joe Exotic look normal...!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:08 pm I like Gino Gordon and Fred too. Gave some much needed lols the other evening.
Same. There’s scripted daftness but there’s also some brilliant banter between Gordon and Gino. I loved seeing Fred just acting like a tourist in the last one, too, filming everything and taking it all in. It makes me laugh so I’ll keep watching it.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Yep thought it was poorly made shock schlock.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

A bit niche - The Test, documentary about the Aus cricket team post sandpapergate.

Made purely and only to boost the image of Aussie cricket.
It's a good watch but don't forget why it was made.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division