Decent Recent TV

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:16 pm Ah. I thought it was a new series or something.

AS YOU WERE
Worth a watch! There's some really nice moments of reflection in it where you see them saying just how grateful they are for doing that job and how much they enjoy it when they get together.

Stunning scenery and will definitely make you want a Maserati.
Cheers,

Mike.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Ferrari - Race to Immortality

On Sky Documentaries - really good documentary focusing on the Scuderia from 55 to 59 when all the drivers died, including Hawthorne and Collins. Brilliant footage and interviews with the key surviving people

Side question - the 57 and 58 cars had what appear to be carburettor outlets but either they, or the engine as a whole seemed to me mounted at a slight angle - maybe 5 or 10 degrees off straight. Any idea why that was???
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Matty wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:18 am
Beany wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:35 pm I've not watched Adventure Time but I think I should.
"I remember you"

Just. Brilliant.
Fionna and Cake AT spinoff/multiverse/thing. Great stuff from the Adventure Time team, heavier going than the original with longer episodes and slower multi aspect story but two thirds of the way through the series I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Very very headf*ckery in parts.

@Beany we did watch Gravity Falls too last year thanks for the recommendation. Brilliant stuff.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

dinny_g wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:31 pm Ferrari - Race to Immortality

On Sky Documentaries - really good documentary focusing on the Scuderia from 55 to 59 when all the drivers died, including Hawthorne and Collins. Brilliant footage and interviews with the key surviving people

Side question - the 57 and 58 cars had what appear to be carburettor outlets but either they, or the engine as a whole seemed to me mounted at a slight angle - maybe 5 or 10 degrees off straight. Any idea why that was???
Found some info about the f2 dino that the f1 car was based on, so assume it will be the same reason:

“The engine was angled across the frame, as you can see, this allowed the prop-shaft to run past the drivers seat to the left”

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Well there you go. It looked weird but there was always going to be a reason.

Cheers…
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

One Day (Netflix)

Set on July 15th over twenty years it follows the story of Emma and Dexter as their lives together and apart unfold on that one day, the rest of the year you have to infer.

It is very good and definitely worth a watch. There's what feels like genuine chemistry between the two, and with them just being normal people, subject to the highs and the lows.

8/10 casual encounters.
Last edited by DeskJockey on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Brannen wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:51 pm Been watching Full Swing on Netflix. Apparently it's the golf version of Drive to Survive - I've not watched Drive to Survive, but if it's anything like this, I might have to go and watch that as well.

Makes you want to route for people in the show (well maybe not the ones who went off to LIV Golf). But it's filmed during that whole saga, so pretty interesting to see the different takes on it.

Might be slightly biased view as I really like golf :lol: I can't remember seeing anyone on here talking about golf, but could be the sort of thing to peak some interest.
Binged Series 2 over the weekend. I think it's a little lighter on content given that there's still so little know about what's going to happen with the Merger. However, maybe they're lining that up as the focus for Season 3

But McIlroy has every right to be absolutely livid but he seems very calm and resigned about it all. His treatment (and others - Tiger, JT, Spieth et al) at the hands Jay Monaghan and the PGA was shameful. Dustin Johnson still comes across as a monumental prick
John

Post by John »

I've just binge watched The Gentlemen series on Netflix and found it quite amusing. Seeing "Simon" from The Inbetweeners in the lead role was a bit of a shock as I hadn't read any reviews before watching it. There is the usual Guy Ritchie over elaborate waffle from many of the characters so that can grate a bit but overall definitely worth a watch.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Griselda on Netflix. It's another Colombian narco drug kingpin (queenpin?) series about Griselda Blanco who was a ruthless Miami drug baroness that took over the entire drug trade in the area. Lots of drugs, sex and violence following the increasingly unhinged Blanco as she builds her vast empire from nada. It's got plenty of action, some clever plot twists and keeps moving at a decent pace, there's a lot going on all the time. If you like violent crime series then you'll enjoy it.

Sofia Vergara plays Griselda and the only disappointment was googling Griselda Blanco afterwards and seeing how she looks absolutely nothing like Vergara, to the point of being offensively misleading, having been effectively catfished by the series during the six epsidoes 😂

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gavster wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:56 pm Griselda on Netflix. It's another Colombian narco drug kingpin (queenpin?) series about Griselda Blanco who was a ruthless Miami drug baroness that took over the entire drug trade in the area. Lots of drugs, sex and violence following the increasingly unhinged Blanco as she builds her vast empire from nada. It's got plenty of action, some clever plot twists and keeps moving at a decent pace, there's a lot going on all the time. If you like violent crime series then you'll enjoy it.

Sofia Vergara plays Griselda and the only disappointment was googling Griselda Blanco afterwards and seeing how she looks absolutely nothing like Vergara, to the point of being offensively misleading, having been effectively catfished by her over the previous six epsidoes 😂

probably would have been just as popular if Danny Devito had played her though tbf.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

TBF, most women look that bad when compared to Sofia Vergara!
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Delphi wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:35 pm TBF, most women look that bad when compared to Sofia Vergara!
Met her and Heidi Klum yesterday.. not bad.. 😉
Cheers,

Ian
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

IanF wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:30 pm
Delphi wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:35 pm TBF, most women look that bad when compared to Sofia Vergara!
Errr, really?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I’m guessing “Good afternoon, welcome aboard” ???
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Gavster wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:08 am
IanF wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:30 pm
Errr, really?
Yes, they are filming America’s Got Talent where we stay and we get invites to things nearby. Anyway, when you show up with some pretty girls, doors open and next thing you know, you’re getting photos and chatting with the “important people”.. ended up drinking with the acts after the show and met the hosts for a chat, Simon Cowell wanted lots of pics with the pretty ones, so I was basically camerman but managed to get Simon Cowells PR person’s insta account and an invite to any of Simon Cowells shows. After his camp “Hello Captain “ line however, I’m not sure I’ll be taking up his offer! 🥴😂

Sofia was lovely, but mid touch up (make up!) so wasn’t that chatty, and I said to HK “Heidi, hi..”.. managed to not then say “Heidi ho” as I don’t think it would’ve gone down well.. 🤣 #dadjokes

Howie was a very nice guy, but even after googling I’m not sure how he got to judge AGT!.. probably pics/pigs etc

To bring it back to cars.. nice rental for SC
IMG_6221.jpeg
IMG_6221.jpeg (117.95 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Cheers,

Ian
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:15 am I’m guessing “Good afternoon, welcome aboard” ???
Not this time.. one of the acts was British however and came back with us the next day
Cheers,

Ian
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

3 body problem really enjoying this. Halfway through and it's keeping the story moving.

I remember the book being very interesting but also hard work, maybe because the writers perspective was so different.

How they'll adapt book 2 I have no idea.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Shōgun

Really enjoying this. I'm 4 eps in and it manages to keep a decent pace but not be too frenetic and it allows the scenery and atmosphere to some through. I'm still a bit unsure of whether Cosmo Jarvis is a bit too hammy for my liking - it's like he's trying to play an amped up Tom Hardy playing the role.
mik

Post by mik »

John wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:59 pm I've just binge watched The Gentlemen series on Netflix and found it quite amusing.
It is pretty good. I finished E5 last night (travellers). It is erring a little towards the silly side, but still entertaining.