The Watches Thread

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: The Watches Thread

Post by Jobbo »

Jay-me wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:24 am
DaveE wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 am @Jay-me it's always great when people achieve something they've been wanting for a while - so congrats on that

Seeing your Sinn reminded me that I saw a Rolex Submariner "hulk" in black PVD the other day

I'm not a fan, but I can see how it could be appealing to others

It was used, and £19k (box + papers)

All black would look ace. I’m not sure with the green tbh
I like the green bezel. Black face and green bezel would be good; blue bezel with black face even better.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

John wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:56 am
DaveE wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:55 am Something I noticed while wandering around in Brighton yesterday was how many Rolexes (and other luxury watch brands) there were in all the second hand jewellers (compared to a couple of years ago)

During the Covid and post-Covid boom, there just wasn't the stock, but now, every shop seemed to have a good selection

A favourite jeweller of mine had 6+ Subs (out of probably 20+ Rolexes - mostly the in-demand steel/sports models)

There's definitely a big change in the market that's now really easy to see on the 'high street'
Did you have a nosey in Whizz Watch? I bought my Grand Seiko from them via ebay.
Funnily enough, it was Whizz Watches that had the PVD Hulk

https://whizzwatch.co.uk/product/rolex- ... ens-watch/
mik

Post by mik »

Chris Ward released a new skeleton today "The Twelve X".

I reckon it's a good looking movement (their in-house SH21), but I'm not a fan of skeletons in general - I need to be able to read the time at a glance - not hunt for the hands.

Like the Bel Canto - big money for the brand at over £4k (on the bracelet).

https://www.christopherward.com/the-twe ... K0-B0.html

DaveE

Post by DaveE »

The very Gérald Genta looking case and bracelet are at odds with the overall thickness for me

The top-down view says "this is a thin watch" but the profile is way too thick IMO...