Lego

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Re: Lego

Post by KiwiDave »

RobYob wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:04 am
KiwiDave wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm We currently have the LEGO 'Brickman' exhibition at work -
Brickman the judge from Aussie Legomasters? That'd be cool to see.

Both the Aussie and US versions of Legomasters paired very well known comedians with the Lego professionals to host the shows. AFOL definitely a money spinner.

The two series of Aussie Legomasters (renewed for a third) are both excellent and well worth downloading. US series 1 was pretty good too and is also renewed for series 2.
I assume so yes. Something like 50 massive models and bucket after bucket of LEGO all over the place. I didn't know there was shows! :lol: No idea where I'd even watch anything like that!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

KiwiDave wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:29 am I assume so yes. Something like 50 massive models and bucket after bucket of LEGO all over the place. I didn't know there was shows! :lol: No idea where I'd even watch anything like that!
8-) awesome.

Legomasters Aus is absolutely fantastic TV. The 2nd series even better than the first. You can steam it from 9now if you have a VPN or just acquire at your local hive of scum and villany.

Legomasters US S1 was pretty good too, Will Arnett being as you expect him to be and yanks for the most part less obnoxious than you'd expect. :lol:

Both of them altered the format a lot from the original LM-UK, much more competitive and a large cash prize to be won. But the result was some spectacular builds.

If you can't find a copy of the Aussie ones I'm pretty sure I've archived them so can put them up somewhere for you.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Fun challenge from LM Aus series 2.
GG.

Post by GG. »

GG. wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:22 pm I've also ordered some teracotta pots to be couriered from Italy so will be interesting to see if they get delayed in transit.
Typically the italians have emailed today to say the courier has not yet collected my items and added the seemingly customary excuse "there may be a delay due to Brexit forms" yadda yadda.

I'm not quite sure how a ten day delay in the courier even picking them up from the shop in Tuscany has anything to do with cross border customs paperwork! :lol:
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

Just for scale, this is the rocket we've got in the entrance currently as part of the LEGO show thing

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’ve bought two copies of the Warhol Marilyn Monroe art set now it’s discounted (£80 in Smyths Toys, though there’s one copy for collection in Argos in Rhyl at £53.99 if you want it and are near).

I was going to get four, but I realised I’d have nowhere to display the whole lot. I was also considering building 4 from 3 by buying the new base pieces from BrickLink, but while you should have enough spare of each of the bright colour plates you’re about 500 short of the black and grey plates so it wasn’t cost effective anyway.

Once the second copy is delivered and I’ve built them this weekend, I’ll put a photo up of them on my wall. Replacing the London Bridge and Tower of London pictures I got as a leaving present from BLP in 2006.
Barry

Post by Barry »

My final modular building is due to arrive today, then it's just my pick-a-brick order outstanding.

Tempted by the helmet sets next, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers etc. I hear rumours Darth Vader might be joining them. Might get the medieval cottage too.. :oops:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

KiwiDave wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:11 am Just for scale, this is the rocket we've got in the entrance currently as part of the LEGO show thing
Awesome 8-)
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Porsche 911 Turbo and 911 Targa set available on the 1st March (earlier for VIPs). Should be around £120. The proportions are slightly off, the roof seems a little too low and the wheels are a tad too small, but otherwise it's pretty cool and I'll be getting it.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/01/ ... -car-news/
M235i
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

New Speed Champions set numbers and brief descriptions are known, not seen any pics yet:
76900: Koenigsegg
76901: Toyota
76902: McLaren
76903: Chevrolet (probably a double set)
76904: Dodge (another double set)

The 911 looks good to me despite the small wheels.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Just book marked that Creator 911 yeah, £119 I think it was. Another on the purchase list :shock: You'll never get perfect proportions at these scales, in Lego bricks, but that's still a decent silhouette IMO.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Barry wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:21 pm Just book marked that Creator 911 yeah, £119 I think it was. Another on the purchase list :shock: You'll never get perfect proportions at these scales, in Lego bricks, but that's still a decent silhouette IMO.
Just saw the YouTube video for that and I think it looks spot-on, very impressed. I think it’s just captured all the iconic shapes & detailing very well which isn’t always the case.
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Aside from the screen issue mentioned earlier, I think its a good effort too. I'm trying not to order yet more kits, but the medieval hut comes online next week, and the 911 nearer next month. My habit is getting expensive again.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

I can't quite understand - is it one kit you can build as either a Turbo or a Targa or are there two kits?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

One kit you can build as either. Like the Mustang which you can build as a road version or drag car.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I ordered the Medieval Blacksmith just after midnight last night and it's been shipped today, so at least the Lego store are getting their deliveries sorted now. Still no stock of the Spring Lantern Festival though.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm I ordered the Medieval Blacksmith just after midnight last night and it's been shipped today, so at least the Lego store are getting their deliveries sorted now. Still no stock of the Spring Lantern Festival though.
I ordered it when I woke up this morning, 0700 ish. Mine's still "In Warehouse". The standard warning about stuff taking longer is on the main site I noticed.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The back in stock notification e-mails are rubbish - I've had notifications overnight for the Spring Lantern Festival, and this morning for the Bonsai Tree, but neither is actually in stock :evil:
Barry

Post by Barry »

I used that notification for the Bookstore, ordered as soon as I saw it, and within hours it was out of stock again. They have a real issue with supply don't they.