Lego

teacherboy

Re: Lego

Post by teacherboy »

IMG-20230922-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20230922-WA0009.jpg (264.57 KiB) Viewed 5492 times

In place with the rest of the collection.

I'm quite chuffed I have it and even more so with how it sits at the same angle as the shuttle (but they would because same stand design with different colour pieces and a different plaque)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Looks great.

This popped up on Facebook, looks quite cool lit up

https://lelightgo.com/collections/new-a ... 2i0v75mJCc
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I keep getting this Defender kit advertised to me and it looks really good,

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/land ... d_source=1
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

teacherboy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:15 pm IMG-20230922-WA0009.jpg

I'm quite chuffed I have it and even more so with how it sits at the same angle as the shuttle (but they would because same stand design with different colour pieces and a different plaque)
The F&F charger set in the wheelie is amazing :lol:
An absolute unit
Barry

Post by Barry »

Marvel Tower finally revealed. It's a monster :shock:

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/avengers-tower-76269

teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:32 pm

The F&F charger set in the wheelie is amazing :lol:
Definitely looks and fits better that way, def need more shelves as I've got the technic Huracán as a present from my daughter for Xmas to add eventually...
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Very nice!

I love their space stuff, so much of it is on the to-buy list!
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:30 pm I keep getting this Defender kit advertised to me and it looks really good,

I keep waiting for it to be reduced!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Zonda_ wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:37 am
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:30 pm I keep getting this Defender kit advertised to me and it looks really good,

I keep waiting for it to be reduced!
I looked at that, couldn’t remember having it and checked my collection on Brickset. Apparently I do own it. I have managed to buy and store away too many unopened sets in the last few years without properly enjoying them.

What really worried me was that I typed the set number into my email search and it didn’t come up. So I wondered if I’d accidentally clicked that I owned it rather than wanted it… turns out that Lego’s order confirmation emails don’t have the set numbers in now. That’s fucking useless. Found the email by searching Lego Defender.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Likewise here Si, I've bought it but still yet to make any of the bigger sets of late. Saving them for the long winter nights tbh. The Technic version is more likely to be discounted Gav, if you don't have it already?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:09 pm I looked at that, couldn’t remember having it and checked my collection on Brickset. Apparently I do own it. I have managed to buy and store away too many unopened sets in the last few years without properly enjoying them.
As sure a sign as any that you have a serious problem - Seek Help... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:19 am
Jobbo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:09 pm I looked at that, couldn’t remember having it and checked my collection on Brickset. Apparently I do own it. I have managed to buy and store away too many unopened sets in the last few years without properly enjoying them.
As sure a sign as any that you have a serious problem - Seek Help... :lol:
Sounds like me with vinyl records, I've had to start keeping a list.
Cheers,

Mike.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Ascender wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:55 pm Sounds like me with vinyl records, I've had to start keeping a list.
We make software just for these kinds of occasions... Just saying ;)
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

I crumbled and took advantage of a 20% off if you buy two kits deal here the other day. Speed Champions F&F Charger bought to facilitate the deal on the Classic Defender.

Still waiting for the right deal on Concorde though, pretty difficult to even find them in Australasia currently, let alone get anything off RRP.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Lego aren't stupid, they know the more adult oriented sets can be kept at RRP for a long time as there's sentimental mugs like us that can and will pay for it. Technic stuff does appear to get discounted heavily though, in slight contradiction to that.

If you're a member on Lego Insiders, this weekend is double points and gwp sets/discounts, so might be worth checking in then.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

KiwiDave wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:32 am
Ascender wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:55 pm Sounds like me with vinyl records, I've had to start keeping a list.
We make software just for these kinds of occasions... Just saying ;)
Tell me more :D
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Reminds me of a customer I had in a previous job. Family was Middle Eastern royalty and they (obviously not the family, but their staff) ran a museum grade collection management system just to keep track of the mother's purchases to make sure they knew what favourite item (clothes, footwear, jewellery, handbags, hats and so on) was in which of their properties and where it needed shipping to ahead of her arrival.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

Barry wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:17 pm If you're a member on Lego Insiders, this weekend is double points and gwp sets/discounts, so might be worth checking in then.
Yes I'd spotted that and would have had Concorde on it, but they're taking back orders for it, delivery from Dec 18th here. I wonder if they'll do the double points on a back order purchase though, might be worth checking.
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

Ascender wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:33 pm Tell me more :D
DeskJockey wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:17 pm Reminds me of a customer I had in a previous job. Family was Middle Eastern royalty and they (obviously not the family, but their staff) ran a museum grade collection management system just to keep track of the mother's purchases to make sure they knew what favourite item (clothes, footwear, jewellery, handbags, hats and so on) was in which of their properties and where it needed shipping to ahead of her arrival.
This basically. Our company makes software for museums and art galleries etc to manage and share their collections. One of our products is aimed at small to medium sized organisations, but you'd be surprised how many users are quietly cataloguing their personal collections of stuff behind the scenes. As a user has the ability to make the collection or items private or public, there's a number of people who are using it for their collections of stuff but keeping it private.

I've suggested we reskin it and market it at people with collections of things like watches and musical instruments etc. to specifically target collectors with money.